Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Brutosaur bidding starts at 5 mil on BMAH

Turns out people who predicted bidding on the Long Boi starting at 5 mil on BMAH were right. No cheap Brutosaurs for anyone it seems.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=318615/...ts-at-5-millio
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Not very surprising, it frankly would have been shocking if they didn't.

eh, that's boring. shoulda put it lower so people will get mad when bids go above 5m.

Seeing as how all the people with gold already have it, I wonder how quick it will go up to max limit.

Why would anyone have expected it for less?

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Why would anyone have expected it for less?
    Prior to this news different theories were flying around, and I admit I was among those who thought it would start from some very low threshold. Why? Because all of the other rare mounts (including tcg ones) available on BMAH start fairly low. On low pop servers it's possible to grab a MoP world boss mount for less than a million, and some less sought-after tcg mounts too. Setting 5mil as a starting price just doesn't make sense as far as the old BMAH system is considered, that's why many were suspecting it will start from much less than that.

I have to admit that as an owner of the mount bought before the prepatch I am a tiny bit satisfied that it won't be possible to get it for less than 5 mil, which is what I personally paid.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

it will always be sold at 9 999 999 gold anyway
    even if it would start at 1 gold, every bronto will be sell at 10m

Literally doesn't matter how high starting bid is.
    All of them will be goldcapped instantly.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I get it but at the same time I don't. anyone who had 5 million gold and was wanting to buy it has already done so. so it definitely won't reach gold cap, not for a while at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    it will always be sold at 9 999 999 gold anyway
    even if it would start at 1 gold, every bronto will be sell at 10m
    no it won't be because if someone has 10 million gold even midway through the shadowlands then chances are they had 5 million gold in BfA - so why would they wait and buy a mount for double its original value

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Literally doesn't matter how high starting bid is.
    All of them will be goldcapped instantly.
    see above.

It wouldn't matter if it start 509k bid gold. It will always go higher and compete who bid highest or gold capped = instant win.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I get it but at the same time I don't. anyone who had 5 million gold and was wanting to buy it has already done so. so it definitely won't reach gold cap, not for a while at least.

- - - Updated - - -

no it won't be because if someone has 10 million gold even midway through the shadowlands then chances are they had 5 million gold in BfA - so why would they wait and buy a mount for double its original value

- - - Updated - - -

see above.
    All of these are just assumptions that don't necessarily have to be true. I guess time will tell, but I personally disagree with them.

You assume that "rich" players are some kind of a closed club that people never leave or never join. This obviously isn't so. Some players who have massive resources could have skipped BfA. Some other players might have started playing for the first time inf BfA and/or just didn't feel like grinding the gold so early during their wow gameplay, because they had so much other stuff to do. It's not real life, you can just, you know, get into gold making and make that gold. Even by simply grinding it in some mundane ways.

Besides, BMAH sells only 1 Brutosaur at a time, so only 1 person on a whole realm can grab it. In other words the supply is very low. It's enough for 2 people to want to buy it on a realm to potentially lift the price very high.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-10-17 at 07:27 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it'll be gold capped on most servers for a while... It's so close to the end of BFA and the removal of the Brutosaur that I'd imagine most people that would have wanted it, at this point in time, would simply have bought it especially if they have the gold on hand to just bid gold cap.

And if for some reason there's some group of people skulking around in game right now that both have gold cap but didn't buy the brutosaur and finally find themselves wanting... well I'd say those people were quite silly.

Once people settle into level cap in the next expansion and fire up the farming and raid and dungeon sells? I'm sure gold cap will be reached on it. But until then, I doubt it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    good thing i got my long boi long ago

Well, just so people know, there was no bid on the one that spawned so far, the first since I checked all realms eu and us, I have a screenshot where it wasn't bid on for the first 11 hours (was like 7 p.m. and they start at 8 a.m. since it was ravencrest us) and I checked the last time (on website) at 9 p.m., it was still long, checked again at 3.30 a.m. but it was no longer shown already, unfortunately I don't play on us realms myself, so couldn't keep up once website no longer showed it, but a player who plays there, who I talked with on us forums kept checking until 3.30 a.m., when likely it was already medium and said it was still 5 mil.

So looks like blizzard went overboard with the starting bid if items end up being unsold, just like the rhinestone sunglasses, which constantly go unsold for 500k.

Personally, since I have a lot of gold but across many realms, to the point only 2 realms were good enough for brutosaur, I thought on a 20% chance for a 5 mil starting bid and 80% 20k, since all mounts start from there apart from tcg, I thought blizzard would let players bid fight in bmah, however I didn't want to risk being in trouble in case of a 5 mil bid, so I bought it without learning just before the patch, so that I could sell it back (blizzard nerfed this but only after the patch went live), and then obviously learnt it since apart from that hotfix the starting bid ended up being 5 mil.

Some people are so sure it'd end up capped that you might not believe it when I say "there's no bids", so here's my screen of ravencrest, you will convene that at the time I took it and with long remaining price, it's been in several hours (11) without bids, which should say enough about how much interest to cap it there is:

https://imgur.com/tTgkiiv

Also I will keep checking these days till I can find a brutosaur I can follow more, preferably on an eu realm I have 120s on.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2020-10-17 at 09:02 AM.

welp im disappointed as a mount collector as i deemed that mount to be only worth a mill or 2, i dont use the ah enough to justify the 5 mill price tag its a mount i'll never get

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    So looks like blizzard went overboard with the starting bid if items end up being unsold, just like the rhinestone sunglasses, which constantly go unsold for 500k.

Some people are so sure it'd end up capped that you might not believe it when I say "there's no bids", so here's my screen of ravencrest, you will convene that at the time I took it and with long remaining price, it's been in several hours (11) without bids, which should say enough about how much interest to cap it there is:

https://imgur.com/tTgkiiv
    Obviously there won’t be many bids 3 days after it was availabe from the vendor.

Anyone with the needed funds and interest in the mount would have bought it before the patch.

The bmah price will go up over time.

Never understood the appeal of this mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

see above.
    What if they didnt play in shadowlands. There are plenty of people that quit playing with multigold caps
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Seeing as how all the people with gold already have it, I wonder how quick it will go up to max limit.
    I recently saw someone with 110 million gold. How the hell do you do something like that? Rich and buy or 24/7 chair warming?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Prior to this news different theories were flying around, and I admit I was among those who thought it would start from some very low threshold. Why? Because all of the other rare mounts (including tcg ones) available on BMAH start fairly low. On low pop servers it's possible to grab a MoP world boss mount for less than a million, and some less sought-after tcg mounts too. Setting 5mil as a starting price just doesn't make sense as far as the old BMAH system is considered, that's why many were suspecting it will start from much less than that.

I have to admit that as an owner of the mount bought before the prepatch I am a tiny bit satisfied that it won't be possible to get it for less than 5 mil, which is what I personally paid.
    all other mounts dont have an auctioneer valued at 5m gold

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.