Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I find this one extremely hard to believe and would need some of proof that side with it. Reason being is in order to hit 5M twice (as you said you had it and ended with it) you would have to be farming for gold in some fashion.

Skinning doesn't make that much gold at all, older skins maybe but still not enough to make you millions passively. Even selling battle pets wouldn't get you that high since they would have to be pets you get passively as you mentioned. Which means you farmed in some shape or form whether it was under the guise of transmog run from dungeons, etc.
    Ahh, nope. I just played a lot. Cleared the WQ map almost every day, ran old raids for mog. Didn't raid or do practically any M+ this xpac at all. I still keep my garrison up and sell ore, herbs, dust, and leather from that. Buying the Bruto broke me at the start of the xpac, had enough to buy it again before the xpac was over. I never once went "I'm going to go to this spot and grind anything." Just killed what crossed my path while doing WQs.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Ahh, nope. I just played a lot. Cleared the WQ map almost every day, ran old raids for mog. Didn't raid or do practically any M+ this xpac at all. I still keep my garrison up and sell ore, herbs, dust, and leather from that. Buying the Bruto broke me at the start of the xpac, had enough to buy it again before the xpac was over. I never once went "I'm going to go to this spot and grind anything." Just killed what crossed my path while doing WQs.
    What you describe is farming for gold and putting in the same effort of those who are making gold.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I never once went "I'm going to go to this spot and grind anything."
    That's not all farming is. Farming can be a multitude of things and isn't limited to just grinding something only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Turns out people who predicted bidding on the Long Boi starting at 5 mil on BMAH were right. No cheap Brutosaurs for anyone it seems.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=318615/...ts-at-5-millio
    Starting price wouldn't matter, as it will (most likely) go for cap every time.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    They are not allowed to spread lies nor say anything that contradicts what blizzard is going to do, so no.
    I don't know if it's just a language issue or not (I am guessing your first language is not English), but you really don't seem to understand what the term "lie" means.

Lying is intentionally saying something that you know is untrue. What is important here is what the CM in question believed was truth or not. Making an error in what you say is not the same as lying. And yeah, I get that the final result may be the same, but accusing someone of lying (when they simply made an honest error) is pretty shitty.

I have told numerous times, that my original claims was written under the impression of brontosaur being removed AFTER shadowlands launch. You can take a hint from followup posts. Any reasonable person would read that that I am taking about such case.
    Fair enough. I see your point that you believe that SL will bring back a lot of potential Brutosaur buyers who might be willing to spend 10M gold on it. Personally though, I doubt it will make a significant difference.

The reason I say this is that I don't believe that the sort of player who takes a long break and then comes back for a new expansion is the kind of person who cares at all about fancy and exclusive mounts like the brutosaur. They're not likely to have the gold, nor are they likely to stick around to make it worthwhile. And if they're stingy enough to cancel their sub, they're certainly not whales who will spend tons on tokens.

As such, I am pretty certain that even after SL releases, it will still be some time before Brutosaurs will start selling for gold cap, and it will remain likely that some will end their time still at the minimum bid (possibly even unsold).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Good job on completely ignoring the discussion up until this point.

It has been noted that several Brutosaurs have appeared on the BMAH (on different servers) and failed to see their bidding price increase at all.

Assuming it would be removed once shadowland lauches. Like it originally was suppose to happen.

That absolutely doesn't prove anything. Most one was "medium" which means half of time has passed. And it wasn't going to end soon. So no, I was not proven wrong because that was not a proof that nobody did bid on it.

That is exactly a lie. Lets say some company is going to host 10 day event, you booked your free time from work in last 2 days and then suddenly company says its only going to last 5 days. That is at the very least being dishonest and misleading towards your customers, at worst, a lie depending on when it was changed.
    Medium means half time has passed? I will give you some more info about BMAH: items last for around 20 hours, very long means 12 hours or more (don't believe me? Mouseover an item duration on BMAH, it will give you the info you need), long means 2-12 hours, medium means 30 mins-2 hours! That is 90% of the auction duration!

And short obviously is 30 mins or less.

What are you expecting me to do more than that? The brutosaur seems to spawn more rarely than other big ticket items, only seen 2 of them after checking every single us realm in about 3 weeks now, and not a single one in eu and I've also checked all realms eu; I have chars on around 60 realms in eu max level that I could use to get a finished auction screen, but they aren't spawning on our region.

Finally, as you can see on this screen example, if people REALLY want to cap stuff, they will cap when very long, they won't wait till short!

https://imgur.com/BIVBVEM

Damn, at this point I have to make an appeal to people who have 120s on US servers: if you happen to see a brutosaur, can you screen the price after the auction finished and post it here? Looks like that will be needed, or it won't count as a proof!
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2020-11-04 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Fair enough. I see your point that you believe that SL will bring back a lot of potential Brutosaur buyers who might be willing to spend 10M gold on it. Personally though, I doubt it will make a significant difference.

The reason I say this is that I don't believe that the sort of player who takes a long break and then comes back for a new expansion is the kind of person who cares at all about fancy and exclusive mounts like the brutosaur. They're not likely to have the gold, nor are they likely to stick around to make it worthwhile. And if they're stingy enough to cancel their sub, they're certainly not whales who will spend tons on tokens.

As such, I am pretty certain that even after SL releases, it will still be some time before Brutosaurs will start selling for gold cap, and it will remain likely that some will end their time still at the minimum bid (possibly even unsold).
    Start of expansion is usually easy way to earn tons of money and influx of returning and new players. My guild is now hibernating, anyone who wanted to get brontosaur prolly already got it from vendor. SL will definitely bring back a lot of potential buyers.

If someone is versatile in making money thru AH, 10M isn't going to be a lot of money. Especially for actually useful mounts, and especially at the begining of expansion where playing AH is fairly easy. I am sure that after SL lauches its going to be sold for gold cap.

Anyone plays on US eitrigg? There's a brutosaur, could you make a screen of the ending price? Currently 5 mil, 0 bids, will edit soon for current screen.

Oh, well, I see that kaminaris is now saying he's sure it'll be sold for gold cap after SL launches, I doubt that, I think it'll be a matter of realm population, where on small realms it's more likely to not sell at all an on really big realms there could be some bids, therefore bringing it at least above 5 mil.

At least he's no longer saying they're selling for 10 mil now, an improvement I guess.

But in any case here's the confirmation of the 3rd brutosaur I've identified, like I said on eitrigg:

https://imgur.com/M2ZUIdt

I have to say they seem to spawn incredibly rarely, it's been about a month, which means around 5.000 realms across eu and us and I've only found 3, and all in US, hinting to maybe some issue in eu, but even if you just look at the US they're spawning much more rarely than even prestigious mounts such as world bosses, zulian tiger, plagued proto and the likes.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2020-11-15 at 06:22 PM.

It wouldn't ever happen. Not even if blizzard did 1c starting bid.
    This is going to be super rare mount and it will come on bmah like maybe once in couple of months including all realms.
    And that means whoever bids gold cap first is going to win because otherwise they might have to wait like half of year for just another chance.

People will be insta tapping it, including first one that appears.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    There were many people saying it'd go for cap, not only you 2, just quoting a couple, and I've been asked for proof and today FINALLY a brutosaur spawned in eu, in this case in frostwolf, a german fairly high pop realm, but not of the size of blackhand, blackmoore, blackrock, antonidas, thrall or even eredar, a little smaller, it's marked as medium but has a fairly healthy horde population, and on raider io looks like 50% bigger than the first 3 realms where brutosaurs spawned in US.

I so far knew those brutosaurs weren't going for cap cause they weren't being bid on till medium, but not being able to check in game I didn't have accurate info past medium.

But today ofc, since I have a max level on frostwolf, I present to you the completed brutosaur auction!

It was however a slight surprise for me: as you might notice if you look carefully at the screen, someone bid the minimum price, 5 mil, if he didn't the next bid would show 5 mil but it shows 5,25!

Also, it was bid on relatively close to the end of the auction, till like 1-2h to go it was still unbid, with the info I've gathered I can't exclude that someone maybe threw a bid on those US brutosaurs towards the end, I just have no idea cause I couldn't check those bmah.

https://imgur.com/fU3tCjq

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Snip
    I already said it multiple times, I was talking about situation where blizzard kept their word about it being available till shadowlands. Not my problem you can't read.

I already said it multiple times, I was talking about situation where blizzard kept their word about it being available till shadowlands. Not my problem you can't read.
    Oh, I can read very well, but what if more brutosaurs now come up and only go for around 5 mil or so, especially since there are less people level capped than there were before expansion launched?