How is Infernal not a class wide spell again?

For all their talks about bringing back iconic class abilities again, how the hell is Infernal not a common spec spell again?

I mean DEMONOLOGY, it can summon a DOOMGUARD, but Infernals are too hard? This is literally the most iconic spell of warlocks.
    It was featured in the original WoW cinematic.
    It was the iconic Warcraft 3 spell.

I just don't understand how they can limit this to Destruction, which is a spell based spec, not demons based. This feels so wrong, I wish I could play Warlock again but to take this out of Demonology makes it feel so wrong if you're into class fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    For all their talks about bringing back iconic class abilities again, how the hell is Infernal not a common spec spell again?

I mean DEMONOLOGY, it can summon a DOOMGUARD, but Infernals are too hard? This is literally the most iconic spell of warlocks.
    It was featured in the original WoW cinematic.
    It was the iconic Warcraft 3 spell.

I just don't understand how they can limit this to Destruction, which is a spell based spec, not demons based. This feels so wrong, I wish I could play Warlock again but to take this out of Demonology makes it feel so wrong if you're into class fantasy.
    I completely agree, and am as close to outraged as i'll ever be over a videogame.
    Which isn't very close at all, but no matter.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Idk Infernal always sucked I don't really have any memories of it besides griefing low level players and towns and it pulling extra mobs whenever someone tried to use it inside a dungeon.
    Hi Sephurik

Because they dont need it? give it to the other specs and watch them nerf everything by 10% to accomodate it. More isnt always better.

Though it would be nice to get more choice in demons, perhaps with glyphs or perhaps blizz need a better collection system.

Didn't they rebuild the green marshmallow to work with the destro spec tho? Would be weird having it do diff stuff for 3 specs. Or just boring to have as another dps cd that you fire and forget. And the fantasy of not really having demon coming to mind when you see a green fire rock but that may just be me.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

My general guess is, based off what I remember from lore anyways:

Infernals aren’t “true” demons, aren’t they more akin to constructs that are created? So in this case for Destro, which is all about fire and brimstone anyways, it’s not too much of a stretch to combine it with some hot fel rocks to make an Infernal. Whereas for Demo, which is now all about temp pet demon summons, it may not have the ability to conjure said construct perhaps since it’s not a demon?

Of course this is just me talking out of my ass mostly, I do think it’s randomly dumb that they couldn’t drop what’s a weak AoE pet for all specs to have again. But then again they’ve pretty much half assed their re-implementation of “fun” stuff that they took out when they pruned before (which was a mistake in the first place).

I don't really want it back, tbh, I didn't want anything they have given us back so far, except circle being baseline again which should have never even been a talent in the first place.

I miss the talent that let my tiny goblin have one of those massive guys as his permanent pet

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I miss the talent that let my tiny goblin have one of those massive guys as his permanent pet
    No. Fun. Allowed.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg