Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post

Welcome to 15 years ago when you finally heard a guildy on teamspeak that you always just assumed was a lady because they only played female characters.
    Probably better to assume it was a dude all along. There's a reason why the meme of what MMORPG meant persisted: "Many Men Online Roleplaying Girls"

The ratio is a bit better in MMOs, but to this day I assume male until there's evidence to the contrary.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    bro the dope 360 horizontal cleave went away

that animation was the best, way better than this modern superman basketball dunk trash

found my old imgur of it

https://i.imgur.com/KSdT58t.gifv
    I hated the 360 cleave lol, it was like fun the first hundred times and then just looked dumb to me. I haven't checked out the new one though, I can believe it might be even worse. That said "superman basketball dunk" sounds like the cross-race generic Death Knight death strike animation, I wonder if they just used that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Probably better to assume it was a dude all along. There's a reason why the meme of what MMORPG meant persisted: "Many Men Online Roleplaying Girls"

The ratio is a bit better in MMOs, but to this day I assume male until there's evidence to the contrary.
    As a long-term tabletop RPG GM/DM and player I was honestly shocked that people assumed anything at all from the character you played. As a DM you have to play pretty much everything. But it was certainly true in early EQ and then again in early WoW (I guess due to the influx of people new to MMOs), if you played a female character, many people assumed you were female IRL and that meant a lot of them further assuming you'd like nothing more than a big steaming cup of sexual harassment. Then I think a lot of them got burned by all the "A) That's gross and and B) I'm a dude IRL" responses they got, and we got this reverse deal, where, despite something like 30-40% of WoW players (not characters, players) being female at that time, they'd just assume everyone was male, and anyone saying otherwise was out to steal their lucky charms or something lol.
    "A youtuber said so."

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I hated the 360 cleave lol, it was like fun the first hundred times and then just looked dumb to me. I haven't checked out the new one though, I can believe it might be even worse. That said "superman basketball dunk" sounds like the cross-race generic Death Knight death strike animation, I wonder if they just used that.

it basically is, you know that jump and do this over exaggerated downward cut. BOP on the head with a hammer
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.
    Classic+ Retune/New Boss Abilities >>> #nochanges crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I know it's a fantasy game we're talking about, but the idea of getting gender reassignment in a barber shop sounds scary to me.

I picture a barber busting out a pair of shears like "okay, this is gonna hurt a little...."
    Have you even played the game? They use magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Haha, you really thought they would remove a paid service in the best interest of the player.
    All corporate wants is money.
    While the second line is true, you also make money by not pissing off people to the point that they quit buying from you

And apparently since you now can change your appearance and gender in the barber shop - I guess indeed they DID remove a paid service?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

Are you assuming people's gender?
    *TRIGGERED*

To be honest I call everything he. Even things I know are female. Probably some deep seated bias towards the patriarchy. I only try to get it right at work because it could affect my relationships with my work colleagues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Huh. I've had the name "Príncess" on a male character since TBC. Had no issues myself.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    it basically is, you know that jump and do this over exaggerated downward cut. BOP on the head with a hammer
    Ahhhh lame. That's fine for the odd move, but not in place of the default 360, which was lame, but at least it sorta seemed okay for repeated moves. Jump-chopping on every special would get old fast for me.
    "A youtuber said so."