Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Dave obviously is still doing his 1 year living as a woman thing before the barber makes the final cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    They changed a paid service into a free server but ITS ALL JUST A CONSPIRACY TO MAKE YOU BUY NAME CHANGE!

/tinfoil
    Don't forget the OuTrAgEoUs COST of the name change!!! 10 USD would buy me exactly 1 burger from my favourite fast food restaurant!

Half naked blood elf walks up to you.
    Blood elf in deep voice: "Sup, mah names Steve, you want this portal or nah?"

Makes me think of Mrs. Monarch from the venture bros. XD

low-key mental sickness eh

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    Come again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    What are you even replying to?

Quote Originally Posted by theundad View Post
    Really enjoying the new barber shop customisation options...

Being able to swap a characters gender without paying for it is great and probably a bit overdue.

One thing.. Can someone tell me if I'm missing something here?..

Let's say I've got a Forsaken Rogue called Dave. Dave undergoes some barber shop gender reassignment..

Lady Dave is still called Dave.

I can't see where I change the name? Any ideas?
    Def pretty weird to basically bake 95% of a $15 microtransaction into the game but not the last 5%

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Def pretty weird to basically bake 95% of a $15 microtransaction into the game but not the last 5%
    Name changes, as far as I know (haven't used one, only going by second-hand information here), remove you from other people's friend lists, and I think out of their ignore lists as well.

Plus, with transmogrification in the game you can already look different from day to day, and that's not counting all the cosmetic toys. Your name is the one identifier people have in the game.

That's why you give your character gender neutral names or outlandish names. So if you change genders at the barber shop you don't have to shell out money for a name change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theundad View Post
    Really enjoying the new barber shop customisation options...

Being able to swap a characters gender without paying for it is great and probably a bit overdue.

One thing.. Can someone tell me if I'm missing something here?..

Let's say I've got a Forsaken Rogue called Dave. Dave undergoes some barber shop gender reassignment..

Lady Dave is still called Dave.

I can't see where I change the name? Any ideas?
    I'm waiting for the free race change myself. Since you know, they keep changing animations every expac. Still foaming mad about how they made Orc Female 2h trash back in WoD or Legion or whatever with the new models.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Bruv, they changed a paying service into a free one, just for once, appreciate it and dont search for the evil marketing reason.
    there is always a marketing reason.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    I'm waiting for the free race change myself. Since you know, they keep changing animations every expac. Still foaming mad about how they made Orc Female 2h trash back in WoD or Legion or whatever with the new models.
    What did they even change? Orc female always had a pretty bad 2H animation - I know because it was my main in Vanilla and I hated using a 2H because it looked dumb.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    What did they even change? Orc female always had a pretty bad 2H animation - I know because it was my main in Vanilla and I hated using a 2H because it looked dumb.
    bro the dope 360 horizontal cleave went away

that animation was the best, way better than this modern superman basketball dunk trash

found my old imgur of it

https://i.imgur.com/KSdT58t.gifv
    Last edited by Daffan; 2020-10-19 at 06:26 PM.

Love all these folks upset that their traditional names no longer match the sex of the characters in a fantasy game where there is no precedent.

Also many names just have meaning to them and we only assign them genders because of tradition.

Sofia means wisdom, but not used as a boy name.

Jacob means "grasps at the heel" and is also the root of the name James, but they aren't used as names for girls.

Oh, here's a great one, Sasha. Boys names in Russia, girls name in America.

Y'all need to just get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, everyone kinda got slammed with that and it sucked. They pretty much just "normalized" all melee animations for each spec which made characters seem a bit boring.

I think part of it had to do with PvP - so you could know what attack someone just did and why your health just got chunked - but also because they wanted unique attack animations rather than either using a generic racial one or having to animate say 24 different rampages for each race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Half naked blood elf walks up to you.
    Blood elf in deep voice: "Sup, mah names Steve, you want this portal or nah?"

Makes me think of Mrs. Monarch from the venture bros. XD
    Welcome to 15 years ago when you finally heard a guildy on teamspeak that you always just assumed was a lady because they only played female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    They could add the option to create a new for each gender, so. If you swap gender your name swaps automatically.if u wanna change the name later u need to pay.
    That would just lead people to eating up all of the good names rather than most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post

Welcome to 15 years ago when you finally heard a guildy on teamspeak that you always just assumed was a lady because they only played female characters.
    Probably better to assume it was a dude all along. There's a reason why the meme of what MMORPG meant persisted: "Many Men Online Roleplaying Girls"

The ratio is a bit better in MMOs, but to this day I assume male until there's evidence to the contrary.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    bro the dope 360 horizontal cleave went away

that animation was the best, way better than this modern superman basketball dunk trash

found my old imgur of it

https://i.imgur.com/KSdT58t.gifv
    I hated the 360 cleave lol, it was like fun the first hundred times and then just looked dumb to me. I haven't checked out the new one though, I can believe it might be even worse. That said "superman basketball dunk" sounds like the cross-race generic Death Knight death strike animation, I wonder if they just used that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Probably better to assume it was a dude all along. There's a reason why the meme of what MMORPG meant persisted: "Many Men Online Roleplaying Girls"

The ratio is a bit better in MMOs, but to this day I assume male until there's evidence to the contrary.
    As a long-term tabletop RPG GM/DM and player I was honestly shocked that people assumed anything at all from the character you played. As a DM you have to play pretty much everything. But it was certainly true in early EQ and then again in early WoW (I guess due to the influx of people new to MMOs), if you played a female character, many people assumed you were female IRL and that meant a lot of them further assuming you'd like nothing more than a big steaming cup of sexual harassment. Then I think a lot of them got burned by all the "A) That's gross and and B) I'm a dude IRL" responses they got, and we got this reverse deal, where, despite something like 30-40% of WoW players (not characters, players) being female at that time, they'd just assume everyone was male, and anyone saying otherwise was out to steal their lucky charms or something lol.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I hated the 360 cleave lol, it was like fun the first hundred times and then just looked dumb to me. I haven't checked out the new one though, I can believe it might be even worse. That said "superman basketball dunk" sounds like the cross-race generic Death Knight death strike animation, I wonder if they just used that.

it basically is, you know that jump and do this over exaggerated downward cut. BOP on the head with a hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I know it's a fantasy game we're talking about, but the idea of getting gender reassignment in a barber shop sounds scary to me.

I picture a barber busting out a pair of shears like "okay, this is gonna hurt a little...."
    Have you even played the game? They use magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

Are you assuming people's gender?
    *TRIGGERED*

To be honest I call everything he. Even things I know are female. Probably some deep seated bias towards the patriarchy. I only try to get it right at work because it could affect my relationships with my work colleagues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro