Thread: alliance and bg

alliance and bg

why is it so hard to win a bg as alliance i'm trying to collect marks for the old pvp sets but i cant get any marks of honor since i need to win to get them.

as a note im bored of bfa dungeons and i tested beta with my main so that's that gone, am i just unlucky with the fact that i haven't been able to win a epic bg all week and a normal bg all day, what are alliance doing wrong? and then of course there's coming in mid bg to a losing game.....

More engaged people have transferred over to horde because it's easier to find people for Arena / RBG or just more high end content in general.

More engaged people tend to be better players and better players win more games.

i will laugh when the day will come when hordes cant ply bg coz there's not enough alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    More engaged people have transferred over to horde because it's easier to find people for Arena / RBG or just more high end content in general
    Which is basically admitting that Horde is easy mode. Most players prefer easy mode, which is ok.
    It just means that horde teams that get world firsts have asterisks next to them. Because they did it in easy mode.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    People should also add faction if they did it with WM On. 30% experience extra for Alliance should be a kinda big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    People should also add faction if they did it with WM On. 30% experience extra for Alliance should be a kinda big deal.
    wont worth it when its 20:1 which it will be soon if ppl keep switching

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember during TBC when there were battlegroups.

Mine was just so, so, so awful for the Alliance 70’s. I mean people used to come to our battlegroup just to get Gladiator titles, an 1800 on a top group would get you a 2400+ on my group.

I think the win percentage for my main was probably 35% tops. I remember having to get marks by battleground and EOTS marks taking forever just to get 20. I mean like 12-14 games to get 20. Alliance wasn’t just bad, they didn’t even understand the objectives.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Which is basically admitting that Horde is easy mode. Most players prefer easy mode, which is ok.
    It means the Horde has the better players, because you are a shit player doesn't mean you're playing it on "Hard mode", you're just bad.
    It just means that horde teams that get world firsts have asterisks next to them. Because they did it in easy mode.
    The racials in PvE are (ignoring some fringe scenarios such as Mythic KJ) pretty decently balanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i will laugh when the day will come when hordes cant ply bg coz there's not enough alliance
    It's a reality in Classic AV.
    Horde:1-2h queues => 90%+ Winrate
    Alliance:1-5min queus as Alliance => <10% winrate

However, Retail has Mercenary mode, which to some extent auto balances factions.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-10-17 at 05:45 PM.

It means the Horde has the better players, because you are a shit player doesn't mean you're playing it on "Hard mode", you're just bad.

The racials in PvE are (ignoring some fringe scenarios such as Mythic KJ) pretty decently balanced.

It's a reality in Classic AV.
    Horde:1-2h queues => 90%+ Winrate
    Alliance:1-5min queus as Alliance => <10% winrate

However, Retail has Mercenary mode, which to some extent auto balances factions.
    yeh i experienced that in classic wasn't fun especially when av was bugged and the game stated with under 30 players and ive just done some math to get all the sets on my alts i need 324 marks seems i got a lot of grinding......

yeh i experienced that in classic wasn't fun especially when av was bugged and the game stated with under 30 players and ive just done some math to get all the sets on my alts i need 324 marks seems i got a lot of grinding......
    Wasn't bugged.

Alliance rankers just teamed up, queued all at once to force more AV's to open (which was possible because there have been far more Horde players queueing than Alliance one).
    If they all get into the same AV => they join.
    They don't, they unqueue and requeue until they get the majority of their group into the same AV.

PUG Alliance were the suckers since those were used to fill up all those AV's that have been "opened" by Pre made Rankers.

After like a month or two, Blizzard added a forced queue of ~5min to AV for Alliance and stopped showing the number on any Battleground, to prevent this sort of thing from happening in again.

Wasn't bugged.

Alliance rankers just teamed up, queued all at once to force more AV's to open (which was possible because there have been far more Horde players queueing than Alliance one).
    If they all get into the same AV => they join.
    They don't, they unqueue and requeue until they get the majority of their group into the same AV.

PUG Alliance were the suckers since those were used to fill up all those AV's that have been "opened" by Pre made Rankers.

After like a month or two, Blizzard added a forced queue of ~5min to AV for Alliance and stopped showing the number on any Battleground, to prevent this sort of thing from happening in again.
    yes it was bugged because whenthere's soo little pl the game should have been forced to close and end which it didnt but we are getting off topic here

That day came long ago. That's why mercenary mode was introduced.

So now we have a situation, where you can work together with the enemy faction in PvP but not PvE. Great, isn't it?

I haven't won an Epic BG in over 2 months, so i just stopped doing them, its lack of good players and alliance PVP is dying if not already dead, all i hear on the battlegrounds is the good players are all going horde, but if this happens what's going to become of the alliance? is the game going to stop having PVP? this is very serious and i have a feeling blizzard is ignoring this or just doesn't care.

a lot of players when they join a PVP battleground and see a Russian team they start to leave because they already know the outcome of it, this isn't considered PVP anymore its "i really hope were lucky enough that we get bots on the horde side to make it even" this is extremely sad and honestly a few things needs to be fixed somehow..

I mean that's a really weird hot take but OK

3+ Year Old Account
    Joke's on you. With mercenary mode they'll just play Horde vs Horde.

Alliance don't care because short queue times, just like classic.

Horde have long queue times and generally have the more competitive players, they try harder.

Both sides still have bad players though.

Quote Originally Posted by Teraluslol View Post
    Alliance don't care because short queue times, just like classic.

Horde have long queue times and generally have the more competitive players, they try harder.

Both sides still have bad players though.
    cant argue with that, tho some bgs need changed and are fundamentally flawed