Disc or Holy for allaround content?

So Im gonna main Shadow Priest in SL and now I cant decide on what healing spec from the two. It only will be used occasionally for some M+ pugs, random raids etc when Im bored and wanna do something else than DPS (or you know for faster queues for weekly etc).

I dont have experience with healing and I dont really want to master two healing specs so I wonder which one would be better/easier choice for somone like me who mostly DPS?

Play Disc. It's unknown to mankind why some players play holy over disc. One of the great mysteries of the universe.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Play Disc. It's unknown to mankind why some players play holy over disc. One of the great mysteries of the universe.
    Because Discipline is an abomination of a spec.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 1/6/7 | TPR: 0.5/4.5/5
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I prefer holy honestly, I just don't like the way disc plays. I've played my priest since BC and she was disc for a number of expansions but I personally just don't like the feel of the current spec, so for the last two expansions I've played as Holy. Blizzard has forgotten that holy priests exist though so I usually tell people to try Disc first /shrug.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    I'm not a priest expert, but from my play experience Holy is your more standard toolkit heal spec. Big heals, fast heals, aoe heals, some weird stuff I never use heals. Disc is more... showy? Like "look at me I only have like 2 actual healing spell but I can keep you alive anyway with these sick Atonement moves!"

I really enjoyed Disc when Atonement was an automatic group wide smart-heal. I understand why Blizz changed it to the more focused, active version we have now, but it just takes some getting used to. I feel like Disc is great when everyone is on point, but one idiot can really cramp the run. Whereas Holy just rolls through it all regardless.

Mileage may vary, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

it depends, holy generally struggles in high mythic content because they do not have the same DR as Disc and generally do lower damage as well, but right now on prepatch they are topping HPS meters in raid

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    So Im gonna main Shadow Priest in SL and now I cant decide on what healing spec from the two. It only will be used occasionally for some M+ pugs, random raids etc when Im bored and wanna do something else than DPS (or you know for faster queues for weekly etc).

I dont have experience with healing and I dont really want to master two healing specs so I wonder which one would be better/easier choice for somone like me who mostly DPS?
    How the specs are in Shadowland I dont know.
    For me Disc was always more interesting but can be more challenging too.
    You have to DPS to heal which sometimes means switching target to enemy.
    While Holy is easier cause it has more choices to heal.

In a 5 man dungeon as only healer I always found it harder as Disc, while Holy was a bit easier.
    In raids Disc was easier with the synergy of other healers.

So you have try both