Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Exclamation DPS is down 50% since 9.0.1 !

Ok 50% is just a random number i pulled.. but with the retarded AOE cap, and the stupid number squish, i'm noticing a severe decrease in dps. Example was HFC-M solo mount run, it's taking longer than before. My prev. ilvl was 469 and is now 119, if this matters.

Breaking news: numbers and damage change as massive level squish emerges, more at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Ok 50% is just a random number i pulled.. but with the retarded AOE cap, and the stupid number squish, i'm noticing a severe decrease in dps. Example was HFC-M solo mount run, it's taking longer than before. My prev. ilvl was 469 and is now 119, if this matters.
    Level squish is balanced around level 60. Sucks it feels a little weird right now when we are stuck at 50 but it will be fixed soon.

have you been living under a rock?

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    Breaking news: numbers and damage change as massive level squish emerges, more at 11.
    Not sure what the point was supposed to be with your post. The idea of the squish is that numbers are reduced but nothing really changes in terms of difficulty. NPCs hp reduced equivalent of your dmg.

But not really surprising. The previous squish fucked everything up as well.

The idea of the squish is that numbers are reduced but nothing really changes in terms of difficulty. NPCs hp reduced equivalent of your dmg.
    You got squished.

You also had the likes of Corruption removed from your gear, which is a massive DPS difference. On top of that, there are new spells, spells removed, spells completely changed, etc.

..prepatch is ALWAYS janky suddenly your skills and stats instead of being tuned to 50/120...is now tuned to 60 (what would be 130)
    your now basically a 50 twink

and yes its ALWAYS happened

Not sure what the point was supposed to be with your post. The idea of the squish is that numbers are reduced but nothing really changes in terms of difficulty. NPCs hp reduced equivalent of your dmg.

But not really surprising. The previous squish fucked everything up as well.

how are you a 7 year member and still felt the need to make this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is almost like a system that was boosting your damage has been removed and nothing has replaced it yet.

Corruptions were removed, your damage loss likely has more to do with that than the squish. /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Welcome to any pre-patch ever, especially the ones featuring a squish.

Wonder how this is somehow news.

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    RELATIVE DPS is massively lower now...

The numbers - my health is 26 times lower, my power is 21 times lower and the MOB health/pwer is only 7 times lower.

That means that my relative DPS is 3 times lower and the MOB's relative dps is almost 4 times higher.

Specifically BfA elites 1-2M health tested here.

For comparison - the last iLvl squish my effective DPS was around 30-40% lower.

Comparison example (no corruption before or after):

Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2020-10-17 at 08:59 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Welcome to any pre-patch ever, especially the ones featuring a squish.

Wonder how this is somehow news.
    Because no matter what...we never learn. Its like people who after 15 years of janky launch day patches, prepatches, ..just patch day fuckery in general we are STILL surprised when shit don't work. Kinda like people who turn on war mode and are actually surprised that it isn't just people coming over to honorably fight you after waiting patiently for you to finish what you are doing cause..that's just sportsmanship chap tally ho.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Yes, it is almost like a system that was boosting your damage has been removed and nothing has replaced it yet.

Corruptions were removed, your damage loss likely has more to do with that than the squish. /thread
    Corruption did not account for 50% of my dmg. Not even close. This is purely a squish fuckup.

Corruption did not account for 50% of my dmg. Not even close. This is purely a squish fuckup.
    Didn't you specifically say in your first post that 50% was a random number you pulled? Why are you sticking to it as though it was literal now?

In any case, as others have said, this is normal pre-patch fuckery. We are tuned for lvl 60 with covenants and conduits, etc. Trying to compare a 120 in a 120 world where you had end-game borrowed power to a lvl 50 in a lvl 60 world where you don't have the new end-game borrowed power is an exercise in futility.
    Last edited by Egitel; 2020-10-17 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

The numbers - my health is 26 times lower, my power is 21 times lower and the MOB health/pwer is only 7 times lower.

That means that my relative DPS is 3 times lower and the MOB's relative dps is almost 4 times higher.

Specifically BfA elites 1-2M health tested here.

For comparison - the last iLvl squish my effective DPS was around 30-40% lower.

Comparison example (no corruption before or after):

Someone who understands, finally!

Someone who understands, finally!
    ..no we understand fine

We're trying to explain this has happened on EVERY PREPATCH since prepatches have been a thing

you have just lost some of your borrowed power so you just have to suck it up, characters always get weaker when a new expansion is coming, blizz have been unable to do things smoothly from day 1 so why complain now, corruption was actually a massive dps boost and you have no lost that so its a lie if you dont believe the corruption made a massive difference.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Sorry, but the squish is more important than you needing longer to farm legacy content for shitty mounts and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I do wonder however, we finished the Raid today at least as fast as Usual. If not Faster.

Anyhow, at topic:
    New expansion is around the Corner, we have the PrePatch live. As you have been told countless times:
    Stuff Changes, stuff behaves differently.

Its not like you claim just a "Numbers Squish". You lost a massive part of your Power with the loss of Corruptions. And the classes play differently now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ..no we understand fine

We're trying to explain this has happened on EVERY PREPATCH since prepatches have been a thing
    It should be said that such drops in relative power have never happened within a prepatch before, and anyone who claims as much is blatantly lying. This is the first time we've ever experienced a massive stat squish combined with the total loss of a primary source of damage for 10 months. The MoP and BfA prepatches were nowhere near as jarring as this.

schwarzkopf has also brought up that it seems as though player health and damage has been reduced disproportionately compared to NPC health and damage, which I can't remember as large a discrepancy as what is noted as happening on previous stat squishes either.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief