Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Its not my problem if presenting your own quotes to you makes you feel defeated and embarassed.

I mean i get it, i would too, but they arent my quotes.
    What is your problem?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Remember the literally unkillable Imonar?
    yeah...
    Also "Also came with content that made the balance issues less obvious" what are you talking about?
    People had something to actually do?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    What is your problem?

- - - Updated - - -

and so do they now...
    especially since once we actually get the new content in this prepatch we will still have this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

What is your problem?

- - - Updated - - -

I've stated my problem before, but i've no issue doing it again.

This site is poorly moderated. People like you, who bring nothing but unfounded negativity to the site, arent being moderated. So instead i speak out against you for being unreasnoably negative
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ..no we understand fine

We're trying to explain this has happened on EVERY PREPATCH since prepatches have been a thing
    this is a lie though as this pre-patch isn't like anything they've done before, in fact one might say it's a half-assed pre-patch that changes more than it should without any good reason as to why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    this is a lie though as this pre-patch isn't like anything they've done before, in fact one might say it's a half-assed pre-patch that changes more than it should without any good reason as to why.
    Its not half assed, part of the prepatch just isn't activated yet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The other part of the prepatch isn't going to remedy number issues introduced by the prepatch; the only way the numbers will be fixed is either with a hotfix or the release of Shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Things aren't balanced for level 50, they are balanced for level 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Sure. I bet you haven't even played the patch.

It's no excuse to make the game suck for a month or two until the expansion is out.
    They could just make a hotfix to buff people's damage (Whichever spec needs it) by 15%,20%,50% whatever and say that it will be reverted when Shadowlands launches.
    Let people have fun on pre patch as well, not hit like a wet noodle and take a break until they can play their main decently again.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I think you missed the point ... probably intentionally... I could kill a mob in 20 seconds before patch, I could not kill it at all after patch.

What type of mob is irrelevant.
    You're quite right, there was a massive nerf to relative damage. I tested before pre-patch, same character on PTR and on Live, naked except for Heart of Azeroth, and hit the same npc. There was around a 50% difference between how many health % points a given ability would take from the target. For example, Reaping Flames Rank 3 with the 100% damage "after-kill" effect. It was dealing 150% of a Da'kani Pugilist's total health on Live but was only dealing 73% of a Da'kani Pugilit's total health on the PTR - non crit in either case. This is an ability that does not scale with your stats, it's pretty much static damage, so there was no reason it should be removing a lower % of the same mob's HP if, like Blizzard claimed, relative power was maintained.

I made a thread on the PTR forums about it, got no traction. https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-damage/190061

I guess this is one way of making sure people don't feel as much of a hit to character power when they start leveling and secondaries come crashing down once again. /s

and so do they now...
    especially since once we actually get the new content in this prepatch we will still have this problem.
    There is litteraly no new content and the expansion is delayed.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is litteraly no new content and the expansion is delayed.
    There is new content coming what are you talking about?
    Where did I say anything about the expansion being delayed? Yeah I know it's delayed. Has nothing to do with anything
    Idk if you know. But being able to go kill some orcs is not "new content that disguises our prepatch weakness"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    You're quite right, there was a massive nerf to relative damage. I tested before pre-patch, same character on PTR and on Live, naked except for Heart of Azeroth, and hit the same npc. There was around a 50% difference between how many health % points a given ability would take from the target. For example, Reaping Flames Rank 3 with the 100% damage "after-kill" effect. It was dealing 150% of a Da'kani Pugilist's total health on Live but was only dealing 73% of a Da'kani Pugilit's total health on the PTR - non crit in either case. This is an ability that does not scale with your stats, it's pretty much static damage, so there was no reason it should be removing a lower % of the same mob's HP if, like Blizzard claimed, relative power was maintained.

I made a thread on the PTR forums about it, got no traction. https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-damage/190061

I guess this is one way of making sure people don't feel as much of a hit to character power when they start leveling and secondaries come crashing down once again. /s
    Because the assets ability scales with the ilvl of your neck. And they didn't scale it correctly. So it reduced more then it should. That's why. Yes it has nothing to do with stats. But it does have to do with ILVL
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

And they didn't scale it correctly. So it reduced more then it should.
    Yes, I believe that sums up the whole point of this thread.

It’s ok

At 60 you’ll be doing slightly more dps...or possibly less

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    It’s ok

At 60 you’ll be doing slightly more dps...or possibly less
    Is the number being higher important to you?

Or killing the mobs faster? Or? Whats your point?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Is the number being higher important to you?

Or killing the mobs faster? Or? Whats your point?
    Well right now - mobs I could kill in 20 seconds, I can't kill at all... so definitely the killing mobs bit is what is important to me.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well right now - mobs I could kill in 20 seconds, I can't kill at all... so definitely the killing mobs bit is what is important to me.
    Yeah i get the relative dps point, completely valid. Its probably an error in tuning. I'm asking what the point of the other guys post is tho. It seems like he has an issue with the dps being lower in sl then it was in bfa(overall dps, not relative)

We are more akin to level 50 twinks in shadowlands - instead of max level, raid-geared characters in BfA. That's why we're alot worse off atm. Everyone is. None of the class changes are meant to be balanced for level 50s.

People crying because they can no longer solo old content. So much drama...

Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    Why does it show you being level 122 in the “ before “ example ?
    Do you think he is a 3-headed hydra named Bloodmaw?