Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I think you misunderstood corruption effects - there was no player agency in them at all, they were RNG effects that proc'ed off casts.

Please tell me how I should have acted differently to make TD proc ?
    Don't run TD. Run the correct corruptions for your spec. If you were a tank stacking TD it'd be doing roughly half your damage. It was dog shit for casters.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Is the number being higher important to you?

Or killing the mobs faster? Or? Whats your point?
    I mean the numbers being higher when you are max level in a new expansion is kinda important and right now it’s not a guarantee

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    People crying because they can no longer solo old content. So much drama...
    Believe it or not it’s a pretty important thing for a lot of players and that doesn’t make it drama

I’m getting old because I remember when drama in WoW was world top guilds breaking because of a player fucking all the officers and now it’s being used to describe blizzards fuck up on scaling

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Run the correct corruptions for your spec.
    There isn't one... or should I say, there wasn't one.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Do you think he is a 3-headed hydra named Bloodmaw?
    Depends. Maybe he was identifying as one that day, it’s an RPG after all.

Actual answer: D’oh on my part .

We are a lot weaker I can confirm. Before prepatch I did a few Atal`dazar run here and there for skinning/LW crafting goldmaking with my Rogue...Even without corruption procs it was a walk in the park, easy like eating pancakes...Now? I had to give up on the 3rd group as they KILLED me....Switched to DH alt but even with that it was sloooow, painfully slooooow every groupkill. The dps output, the raw, no corruption output is next to nowhere compared to before prepatch (plus soloed old instances with my main...bosses took 3-4 shoot in BC! Just wtf...)

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I'm a warlock. We don't have aoe caps.
    I literally mention that in the post
    Maybe get it through your head mate.
    (Well we do on demo but im not talking demo.)
    https://www.wowhead.com/guides/shado...ck-destruction
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

except this aint true, the scaling is not equal, especially since we lost corruptions.

im a warlock, and i used to be able to pull like 10-15 packs ion heroic islands together then aoe and burst down. now even on normal 4-5 and i have a chance of dying...

we are so out of scale, and also so SOOOO mcuh weaker compared to everything without corruptions.
    This seems like a good thing... WoW was at its peak when we were adventurers in this world. rather than unstoppable immortal gods capable of pulling 10-15 PACKS worth of mobs!
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    Depends. Maybe he was identifying as one that day, it’s an RPG after all.
    Time for me to roll a toon name Bloodmaw

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

why people dont understand that we are level 50/60 in shadowland ????

its normal to do crap ;p

its like saying : why my character level 50 doing crap in bwl60 in classic wow ????? i dont understand !!?

Yeah we are definately less powerful than we should be, either it gets tuned, or we do exactly how we`re supposed to at lvl 60, time will tell..

Man i miss the wotlk prepatch, when paladins got divine storm and for a few days, we could kill anyone, instantly, those are the fun prepatches when stuff is broken in your favor, instead of the other way around

7+ Year Old Account
    soft caps have always been a thing me dude, thats not whatp eople are talking abut, they are talking full aoe caps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

This is your first expansion pre-patch, isn't it?

Hopefully Blizzard will divert all attention from getting Shadowlands into proper shape, and focus on the level 50 game instead!

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    why people dont understand that we are level 50/60 in shadowland ????

its normal to do crap ;p

its like saying : why my character level 50 doing crap in bwl60 in classic wow ????? i dont understand !!?
    Nah mate.

the squish was promised as:
    "we will lower dps, and hp, etc to lower the numbers, because it "feels better" and is easier to understand, but keep everything as close as possible to current relative numbers because we believe in the mantra that a character should feel stronger at the end of an expansion compared to the start of one".

Which is entierly amazing, insane numbers by them self is nice sure, but I do agree that it makes it harder to gauge.

The result was
    "relative to your dps before the pre-patch, you're dps is now hot garbage, outside of current raids, because if we fuck up that we're actually retarded"

The level 50/60 thing is just not a argument that makes sense, because we have so many systems that adds dps that we wont have in SL, even if they're not point for point the same as the ones in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by notJoyful View Post
    The level 50/60 thing is just not a argument that makes sense, because we have so many systems that adds dps that we wont have in SL, even if they're not point for point the same as the ones in SL.
    How does that work with us having lost corruptions now and will have gained covenants and all they entail later?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    It should be said that such drops in relative power have never happened within a prepatch before, and anyone who claims as much is blatantly lying. This is the first time we've ever experienced a massive stat squish combined with the total loss of a primary source of damage for 10 months. The MoP and BfA prepatches were nowhere near as jarring as this.

schwarzkopf has also brought up that it seems as though player health and damage has been reduced disproportionately compared to NPC health and damage, which I can't remember as large a discrepancy as what is noted as happening on previous stat squishes either.
    What the people who are blatantly lying when they say its never happened before? Do they get a free pass because you're one of them?

Or are you legitimately trying to convince people that losing 75% of their stats during the bfa prepatch didn't happen?

- - - Updated - - -

soft caps have always been a thing me dude, thats not whatp eople are talking abut, they are talking full aoe caps.
    Step 1: make a claim
    Step 2: have claim debunked with a provided source
    Step 3: backpedal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There isn't one... or should I say, there wasn't one.
    A few replies ago you said you were a destro lock. Then you imply you were running tdev. Then you claim there were no correct corruptions for your spec?

Someone probably should have let you in on the lesser known secret that was called expedient. It did this crazy thing that was sort of like giving you increased haste. It was also well known in the destro community as being the best corruption for destro locks.

So yeah, there most definitely was a correct corruption for you. You just chose to use one of the worst for you instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    A few replies ago you said you were a destro lock.

Nope - never said I was a destro lock, not sure where you got that delusion from.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    What the people who are blatantly lying when they say its never happened before? Do they get a free pass because you're one of them?

Or are you legitimately trying to convince people that losing 75% of their stats during the bfa prepatch didn't happen?
    I don't think you quite know what relative means, but that's OK it's the internet and is expected.

The problem is not the squish or the secondary stat breakpoint changes that have been introduced. The problem is that mob health pools and damage are higher than they were previously in respect to player power. I use schwarzkopf as an example, as he notes that his health has dropped by a factor of 26 times, damage by a factor of 21 times, but mob health has only decreased by a factor of 7 times. This sort of discrepancy has never happened before.

What you are referring to is the squish which brought about a readjustment of secondary stats to curb the exponential growth in power; however, this did not lead to drastically increased times to kill mobs as balancing was done around players having lower secondary stats. The more notable change was the loss of the Artifact Weapon - which lost its traits but was still incredibly powerful - and Legendaries only became disabled during BfA leveling experience after Azerite is introduced to players to reduce the feeling of loss of power; however, it did not make mobs that were previously trivial to kill within a few seconds take, potentially, minutes depending on how the class/spec.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    You must be new to WoW, OP. Congrats on your first expansion! Exciting stuff!
    Could you remind me... How many level squishes have their been in all wow expansions? Because, this is my first.

Quote Originally Posted by notJoyful View Post
    Nah mate.

the squish was promised as:
    "we will lower dps, and hp, etc to lower the numbers, because it "feels better" and is easier to understand, but keep everything as close as possible to current relative numbers because we believe in the mantra that a character should feel stronger at the end of an expansion compared to the start of one".

Which is entierly amazing, insane numbers by them self is nice sure, but I do agree that it makes it harder to gauge.

The result was
    "relative to your dps before the pre-patch, you're dps is now hot garbage, outside of current raids, because if we fuck up that we're actually retarded"

shadowland is "balanced for 60 player with system in place" its normal that level 50 without sl systems is bad for some class, some are shit like dh and some op like shadow priest

we can talk about it for hours if peoples want, its serve no purpose until everyone is 60 and have systems in place for their character, until then, blizzard dont give a damn , i think