Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread was a missed opportunity to respond to the OP with "Some people just want to watch the world burn.".

3+ Year Old Account
    How about 'female' options for druid forms? I find it kinda weird having my characters have a beard in cat form, but not in caster form
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get what you're saying but barbers used to perform surgeries, so it's not all that immersion-breaking. I guess they can add doodads as someone else said.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    One gripe I have about the new customization is that the way they added it feels like a UI element instead of a fantasy one. Like, when you go to the transmogrifier, you're paying an interdimensional being to magically warp the appearance of your equipment. The barber should change your hairstyle.

How it could have been:

- Remove skin, face, gender, and druid forms from the barber
    - Transfiguration Potion: Craftable by alchemists, and sold (overpriced) by a vendor in every capital city. Using this allows you to recustomize your character using the barber UI, but includes face, skin, and gender.
    - Change your druid forms at a new NPC, the Shapemasters, put them wherever druid trainers are. Equivalent to the mage's portal trainer and hunter's stablemaster, a druid NPC that does druid NPC stuff.

While we're at it, add NPCs to the game that allow the purchase of In-Game Store items with gold:
    - A fancy-pants gnome or goblin that sells Store mounts and pets.
    - The toy vendors can sell Store toys.
    - Name-change documents sold by a notary in every bank, or craftable by scribes.
    - Realm Masters either in the portal room or by the Cataclysm portals in Stormwind and Orgrimmar, which can move you to another realm.
    - Class trainers can sell level boosts.
    - Guild vendors can sell guild transfers and guild name changes
    - Mercenary NPCs in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that you can pay for a faction change.
    - Racial quartermasters can sell race-change potions.
    These prices can easily be tied to WoW token prices, so the gold value is always equal to the Store cost. Bonus points if all of these aren't soulbound, so they can be bought as gifts for friends.
    What's next?

Are you going to complain about Blizzard adding NPCs that can teach you every single profession at master levels?
    Are you going to complain about Blizzard making NPCs of opposite factions be able to talk to one-another as if both parties speak fluent orcish/common?
    Are you going to complain about Blizzard making class trainer NPCs obsolete?
    Etc, etc.

In short, what you're asking is just not a good choice. You're asking to take something that has been made concise and consolidated to a single NPC, and spread out to NPCs located in different locations on a map, or worse, in different maps/continents altogether.

7+ Year Old Account
    One gripe I have about the new customization is that the way they added it feels like a UI element instead of a fantasy one. Like, when you go to the transmogrifier, you're paying an interdimensional being to magically warp the appearance of your equipment. The barber should change your hairstyle.

How it could have been:

- Transfiguration Potion: Craftable by alchemists, and sold (overpriced) by a vendor in every capital city. Using this allows you to recustomize your character using the barber UI, but includes face, skin, and gender.
    - Change your druid forms at a new NPC, the Shapemasters, put them wherever druid trainers are. Equivalent to the mage's portal trainer and hunter's stablemaster, a druid NPC that does druid NPC stuff.

While we're at it, add NPCs to the game that allow the purchase of In-Game Store items with gold:
    - Name-change documents sold by a notary in every bank, or craftable by scribes.
    - Realm Masters either in the portal room or by the Cataclysm portals in Stormwind and Orgrimmar, which can move you to another realm.
    - Mercenary NPCs in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that you can pay for a faction change.
    These prices can easily be tied to WoW token prices, so the gold value is always equal to the Store cost. Bonus points if all of these aren't soulbound, so they can be bought as gifts for friends.
    I agree with you 100%, Blizzard should focus more on the fantasy part then just unitily and easy fix ideas, dont mistake me the new barber shop change is amazing, but I agree with you that they should have spread it out.

and dont listen to those people that say that it would be horrible, those are the people that would have wanted to just stay in the city and be done with everything is seconds... so dont mind them ^^

great forum post and idea, keep it up ^^
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

How it could have been:

Nah. For me the barbershop AND transmogrifier do not nexist in the "lore"-part of wow.
    They are just features for the player. I don't want them to explain how i can make my shoudlers and shirt vanish or how i can change EVERYTHING about my character at will. Becuase i don't think they should be able to in the first place. (fantasy wise, mechanical it can stay^^)

It is a stupid concept to begin with if you want to put it into the canon world.

I get what you want to do. But it creates another problem. The Barber is so much frequented by so many players. Making one or two professions make money of of it... phew... that won't blow over well.