Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Another good reason to mandate bilingualism/multilingualism is then we can stop hearing stories about idiots getting butthurt at tourists/immigrants for not speaking English in the US.

"Hurr durr in America we speak English", that's nice, Karen, and when I need to speak to you or anyone for work or business I do speak English, but I will speak whatever language I wish on my own time hanging out with family. If you can't understand two people speaking Greek, or Mexican, or Vietnamese or whatever, that's not their problem or your business.

Bloodsail Admiral Raspberry Lemon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Another good reason to mandate bilingualism/multilingualism is then we can stop hearing stories about idiots getting butthurt at tourists/immigrants for not speaking English in the US.

"Hurr durr in America we speak English", that's nice, Karen, and when I need to speak to you or anyone for work or business I do speak English, but I will speak whatever language I wish on my own time hanging out with family. If you can't understand two people speaking Greek, or Mexican, or Vietnamese or whatever, that's not their problem or your business.
    that attitude still exists in countries that have several languages... i have been told to speak swedish when i talk to friends or family in estonian or russian...

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    that attitude still exists in countries that have several languages... i have been told to speak swedish when i talk to friends or family in estonian or russian...
    I guess you can never get away from those types of folks.