Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Have they changed how you turn off xp or do you still have to haul buns back to a capital city and find the stealthed guy?

- - - Updated - - -

It's so good. I never chose outland before because I despise most of the zones, especially hellfire peninsula, but on my DH who I had at 110 before I figured "what the heck, Netherstorm seems nice this time of year." The total freedom of it is just wonderful and I leveled all my alts that I had left unfinished.
    Not sure. I never had a reason to use the feature. I would assume it's the same, but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - it didn't proceed as normal, the stuff that happened when BfA first launched (which involved heading to Sithilus to talk to Magni) did not happen.
    So one of my alts was near 40, and I went ahead and grinded out the levels to get there. And there's a couple of things I can speculate as to what happened with your level 45 character.

There should be an NPC right outside your respective throne rooms, near the notice board. This is the guy who would normally give you the breadcrumb quest to begin BfA. On my level 40 horde character, this NPC is there regardless of timeline chosen through Chromie.

The only two things I can think of is that either you started the quest chain at some point, and then left off without finishing, thus causing you to have a random NPC somewhere with a quest where you would pick up the chain again.....or.....you're legit bugged in a bad way. Which is entirely possible, given the weird nature of the level squish.

Interestingly enough, however, I also did not get any quests directing me to talk to magni. After a little bit of google, it turns out you won't get the quests with magni until that character obtains a piece of azerite gear(Shoulders/Head/Chest). Which is really odd, but you might try mailing a piece such as a black empire BoA if you have one. Or possibly looting one from an invasion in Pandaria or Uldum(although those might not even show until level 50).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Sure there is, just disable exp gains and you can take as long as you want to get to 50...
    Or just finish it on max lvl if u like it. ><

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's in a great place right now - it takes a few hours to get from 45 to 50, and it doesn't feel trivial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    There's also daily quests which are worth exp. Although he said they werent for his lvl 45, so there might be a level cutoff at some point. I'll test it when my current alt reaches 40+
    Yeah that's pretty suspicious. I get the character may be strangely bugged but somehow ALL possible avenues to level up are closed to him, and him alone.

Well - it didn't proceed as normal, the stuff that happened when BfA first launched (which involved heading to Sithilus to talk to Magni) did not happen.
    The stuff with Magni at the beginning of BFA no longer happens. You start by hearing the council with anduind, after which he sends you with Jaina to boralus directly (you help flynn escape, then go to cyrus to pick your bfa zone). All the initial quests involving Magni are moved to lvl 50 now.

Also, did you try my suggestion to check in Wowhead which zones have quests you havent done? That seems to be the easiest way to just get over those 5 levels already.

My only real issue is that it could be even faster yet I still despise questing in general and leveling is my least favorite thing in game I just want to be Max level and do Dungeons and Raids, and they should just make Dungeon Q's across all xpacs that way the Q times would be much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    The stuff with Magni at the beginning of BFA no longer happens.
    I know - that's the problem, I had no way of getting to the BFA content that I was meant to do.

Pre patch - level 110 would go to BfA.
    Post patch - same toon has no way of going to BfA.

It is a bug, which they aren't going to do anything about.

- - - Updated - - -

So one of my alts was near 40, and I went ahead and grinded out the levels to get there. .
    Yep - my level 40 characters aren't a problem, they just go and do legion as they were meant to do.

Interestingly enough, however, I also did not get any quests directing me to talk to magni. After a little bit of google, it turns out you won't get the quests with magni until that character obtains a piece of azerite gear(Shoulders/Head/Chest). Which is really odd, but you might try mailing a piece such as a black empire BoA if you have one. Or possibly looting one from an invasion in Pandaria or Uldum(although those might not even show until level 50).
    Black empire gear only procs as azerite gear if you have the neck, otherwise it procs as a normal item.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know - that's the problem, I had no way of getting to the BFA content that I was meant to do.

Pre patch - level 110 would go to BfA.
    Post patch - same toon has no way of going to BfA.

It is a bug, which they aren't going to do anything about.
    Good, so we agree that your character is bugged and going around in circles talking about BFA zones won't get you anywhere until they fix it (I assume you opened a ticket/started a thread in the official forums).

In the meantime, you still ignore or handwave any other solution being presented by people here trying to help you. Like my suggestion. Check what zones you have incompleted quests in with the wowhead tool, they even show you in the map and everything, super easy. Go there. Do the quests. Level to 50. Proceed as normal.

Nope - nothing wrong with the character, the character was ready to do BfA in normal levelling progression - but for some bizarre reason, when they squished my 110 to 45 - they made BfA something I had to be 50 to go and do.

It seems to be specifically a problem with normally levelled 110 toons that got converted to 45. Just had nowhere to go.
    I had a level 110 Priest that I hadn't touched in BfA at all until yesterday. When I loaded him up I went to Orgrimmar and had the breadcrumb BfA quest to go rescue Zul and Talanji and started up BfA leveling with no issues.

Did you try opening your adventure guide and seeing what it told you to do? If you're eligible and your character doesn't have some massive bug, you should be able to accept the BfA breadcrumb quest from there. If you can't get anything from the adventure guide, I'd open a ticket and find out WTF is going on.

What I absolutely love with this, is that you can take so many different routes. I HATE leveling. But this makes it doable for me. Did a couple through WoD because it is stupid fast, and now enjoying some nostalgia with the other zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    The leveling experience itself is great, i agree. Dungeons feel a bit jarring though. Everything takes ages to kill, but it's still really easy, so you just stand there for 5 minutes without ever really having to pay attention to anything, just watching hp bars sloooooowly go down.
    That's truly amazing, standing around in a dungeon for 5 minutes without paying attention to anything, or levelling to max level in under 20 hours is exactly the type of emerging gameplay that got this game to where it is today. I can't what too see all the other trump cards Blizz has in store for us.
    Last edited by metzger84; 2020-10-22 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Did you try opening your adventure guide and seeing what it told you to do?
    OK - once more with feeling.

The quest I needed was NOT available, that is - it wasn't there, that is - it was absent, that is - it was severely lacking in the existence attribute, it was removed, it was in fact somewhat UNAVAILABLE.

Is it clear enough yet ?

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

OK - once more with feeling.

The quest I needed was NOT available, that is - it wasn't there, that is - it was absent, that is - it was severely lacking in the existence attribute, it was removed, it was in fact somewhat UNAVAILABLE.

Is it clear enough yet ?
    I didn't see anywhere in your posts where you indicated where specifically you had looked for the quests, which is why I asked for clarification. Sometimes people just go to the major city and expect it to pop up or they go to where the quest giver should be, because that's what you had to do in the past when it first went live. I've overlooked the adventure guide in the past, wasn't sure if you had to. But sure, be a dick to someone trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I didn't see anywhere in your posts where you indicated where specifically you had looked for the quests
    There has been a lot of posts ... and yes, I've even mentioned Magni, I mentioned not having ANY quests available in Sithilus/Magni or Stormwind or Boralis.

I mentioned going to CHromie resetting current time (by picking another time and swapping back to current time).

I mentioned going to the Hero's board.

I mentioned sailing to Boralas and only having the scrap quest.

I mentioned that this is only an issue on my 110 (now 45 toons), not on my 100 (now 40 toons) - as 40 toons can go and do legion to get to 50.

There has been a lot of posts ... and yes, I've even mentioned Magni, I mentioned not having ANY quests available in Sithilus/Magni or Stormwind or Boralis.

I mentioned going to CHromie resetting current time (by picking another time and swapping back to current time).

I mentioned going to the Hero's board.

I mentioned sailing to Boralas and only having the scrap quest.

I mentioned that this is only an issue on my 110 (now 45 toons), not on my 100 (now 40 toons) - as 40 toons can go and do legion to get to 50.
    And none of those are the adventure guide....

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    its near impossible to go back to that humble sweet mentality when you've been a min maxer since TBC. It would be great but its like once you have seen the red pill truth its not possible to just go back to purposely slowing yourself down by reading quests you've already read/done 10+ years ago. I get what you're saying though.
    I used to be a minmaxer and abandoned that shallow and narrowminded way to enjoy the game.

My memory is not perfect so I forget quests after a year or two.

Super enjoyable to do them again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    What I absolutely love with this, is that you can take so many different routes. I HATE leveling. But this makes it doable for me. Did a couple through WoD because it is stupid fast, and now enjoying some nostalgia with the other zones.
    I like that people who didn't used to like leveling, finds a way to enjoy it now.

I like it for now.. I expect it slower later sometime in the future. I could be wrong though

HoA or not, from what I understand the main problem was a lack of available content from 45 to 50. So even if the HoA isnt available, you should still be able to do the regular BfA quests at 45.

Maybe the two quest chains are tied together somehow? But that doesn't make sense since exiles reach players can go straight to BfA content.
    In Chromie time -and new player experience- you can do BfA content from 10-50, just nothing HoA related. I don't know if you run out of content.

But if you are on "normal" squished time, with BfA as the 45-50 bracket, you can still do its content, just not anything HoA related until lvl 50. So no magni intro or war campaign, but the rest of the leveling experience is the same, just squished and taking less content, AFAIK.