Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Can I ask which expansion you did? Because I can imagine the originally 5lvl expansions can feel rather short compared to the 10lvl ones in terms of content.
    Turn off XP and go through as many as you want.

I'm so glad they decided to do this. This was asked for for years and makes sense lore wise. I'd rather be one and done. Nothing more boring than the old 1-xxx with the same routine. I know they changed it up a bit recently like 60-80 in TBC or WotLK and such, but this is a much better arrangement.

I'm still miffed that "return me to the current timeline" still offers an EK and Kalimdor stuck in the Cataclysm... But hopefully, that'll go away eventually.
    So happy to never level in the old 1-60 content ever again/until it's revamped proper.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Turn off XP and go through as many as you want.

I'm so glad they decided to do this. This was asked for for years and makes sense lore wise. I'd rather be one and done. Nothing more boring than the old 1-xxx with the same routine. I know they changed it up a bit recently like 60-80 in TBC or WotLK and such, but this is a much better arrangement.
    There was several of these suggestions. Turn off xp. Its a gimmick solution.

Is leveling leveling, if you gain no xp, and thus no levels? Or any skills? Talents? Or anything but gear that you dont even replace? No its not leveling. At least in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    my thought is leveling in retail feels disgusting atm.

got 10-50 in 7 hours. it should have never been possible

wow is no longer mmorpg in my eyes - its mmo-instance symulator . its lost any right to be called rpg game

if you took 20 hours you must have been taking very long .....sessions in process for it to be so slow.

wont lie getting 1-20 in classic feels much more revarding them getting 1-50 in retail now.

disguested with what blizzard did to this game.
    I levelled every class to 80 pre-Cataclysm & there's many folks here who've levelled dozens of characters to 120. There's no reason, after 15 years, that leveling needs to take days/weeks to get done. There's not been anything rewarding about leveling for a good 10 years anyway, as it's all just repeated content.

This is the best it's been in a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Just finished my leveling from 1-50 on my warlock, took me 20h in-game of which a couple hours were idling and fixing my broken addons.

I have to say, leveling is pretty fun now. I chose not to use heirlooms because other than these minuscules buffs they provide it wasn't worth the excitement of getting new loot every now and then from Dungeons or Quests. The best part is the pacing of the level ups, it feels steady and there is no big bump of XP required to get to the next lvl up. Also, the abilities and talents unlock regularly every 1-2 levels, so there is always a new tool to look forward to. They should keep leveling like this and, if necessary, never go beyond lvl 60 again. It feels just about right at this place.

Your thoughts?
    Mostly positive.

I know the always mad people will hate the hierloom stuff. But i think because of the 6 piece slow rested xp stuff it balances out greatly and the 10% loss is not even noticed.

As for the squish + old spells back etc. Make leveling fun. Because almost every other level you get something "new" . A talent, spell etc.

Chromietime also great. Love the idea. The bug with having it not show because you already started the BFA pre quests is silly.

Only downside, the dungeons. I level mostly tanks and healers. But for once i started on my last 2 classes who i never leved in 16 years and counting...rogue and warlock. And i quests normally with dungeons in between. The only dungeons of your current chromietime is silly. It makes dungeons queue's even longer.
    A easy fix would be a list where you could select a max of x expansions you want to do dungeons for. Or something like that.

so overal the new way of leveling gets a 8 out of 10 maybe even a 9!

The leveling pace is pretty good, but my main complaint is that it appears that you can't select which zone to start leveling in. After one or two times starting in the same zone is going to be just as boring as before, only faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    There was several of these suggestions. Turn off xp. Its a gimmick solution.

Is leveling leveling, if you gain no xp, and thus no levels? Or any skills? Talents? Or anything but gear that you dont even replace? No its not leveling. At least in my opinion.
    It's a gimmick solution to a non problem.

I'm leveling an outlaw rogue and I'm amazed at how fun it is, and how well paced it is!

Leveling isn't really allowed to "be a trial" in this existing video game market, not when the current content is the sales pitch. It's not allowed to take too long, and yet there is so much to see from past expansions. The current iteration of leveling really nails a sweet spot between "play your class for a bit before you get to current stuff" and "it's not like this isn't inevitable." Hitting the current content's later levels needs to be inevitable. It needs to be timely and efficient. The current leveling manages to hit both points, so it's a thumbs up from me!

Blizzard are really good at getting a lot of mileage out of the work they put into the game, and this leveling revamp makes every expansion an evergreen option for a new alt character. The temptation to roll alts (for newer players) to see the other stories or unlock allied race stuff hooks people to invest, and that investiture is the stickyness that MMOs need for their team content offerings to function. This leveling revamp is a complete win all around!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    my thought is leveling in retail feels disgusting atm.

got 10-50 in 7 hours. it should have never been possible

wow is no longer mmorpg in my eyes - its mmo-instance symulator . its lost any right to be called rpg game

if you took 20 hours you must have been taking very long .....sessions in process for it to be so slow.

wont lie getting 1-20 in classic feels much more revarding them getting 1-50 in retail now.

disguested with what blizzard did to this game.
    I would guess around 6-7 hours of idling in game/handling addons. So, around 14ish hours from 1-50 for me. I just did quests and queued for dungeons as much as I could and had flying the second I unlocked it.

Did you do any new fancy leveling or just quests? I have seen lvl 10 groups carrying high level characters because the way it scales makes the low level characters absolutely destroy dungeons. For example I had 1k dps as a warlock lvl 45, where all the lvl 10s were pushing 2k overall. Most dungeon runs with low level characters were really fast.

I was considering going the WoD route with treasure XP but honestly, when I got there I just remembered that I wanted to have fun and went back to ordinary leveling. xD
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2020-10-18 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    It can be a little jarring if you haven't read up on it prior, in particular the whole booting you out of Chromie time at 50 (honestly feels like a warning should trigger at level 49 that informs you of XP pause option to finish campaign). But aside from that, and a few other teething problems, I think it's great.
    This is basically my take as well. They need to do away with the 'grats on 50, now SCRAM!' thing, but otherwise it is definitely a great change for the game.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It's a gimmick solution to a non problem.
    That is your opinion. If end game is all you care for, then it is not a problem.

You still did not answer whether leveling is leveling, if xp is turned off, but I wont demand that from you or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    This is basically my take as well. They need to do away with the 'grats on 50, now SCRAM!' thing, but otherwise it is definitely a great change for the game.
    I think it has more to do with a protection mechanism to not get new players stuck in a timeline when they hit max level and miss out on the endgame content.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    It can be a little jarring if you haven't read up on it prior, in particular the whole booting you out of Chromie time at 50 (honestly feels like a warning should trigger at level 49 that informs you of XP pause option to finish campaign). But aside from that, and a few other teething problems, I think it's great.
    Leveled 2 alts and can't find that xp pause option anywhere. I would've rather liked to finish Winterspring. :/ I know there's the guy extremely well hidden in the capital cities, but it sounds like there's a new option I can't find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    That is your opinion. If end game is all you care for, then it is not a problem.

You still did not answer whether leveling is leveling, if xp is turned off, but I wont demand that from you or anyone else.
    As is wanting to level through more than one expansion. Just your opinion. This is just your personal preference, and there were ways around it.

As for your question, you ask because you want to see more of the content. So in regards to your situation yes. If you want to do the TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion route you can absolutely do so. I dont see why gaining levels makes a difference if you want to experience more than one on a new toon.

As for me, when leveling, it's about getting to the current content. It's been like that since TBC.

Well - it isn't good for everyone.

Will take me a week or so to get from 45 to 50.

Killing level equivalent mobs for 22 xp a pop means my rested bar isn't going anywhere, and at 6k a quest it is going to be a long trip.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Hit maxlevel in 3-4 afternoons, clear latest patch endgame content in 1-3 afternoons,
    Blizzard needs to introduce 1 week subs

Sad to see what the game has turned into.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2020-10-18 at 02:38 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgarde View Post
    Not sure if troll or serious ? RPG. Role Playing Game. It's all about character progression and, well, leveling duh.
    Even good ol' D&D Board Game is about leveling. Hell, friggin MTG added leveling with their planeswalker.
    All JRPGs have leveling, every MMORPG has leveling, even more action-paced games like The Division has leveling.
    I suspect some kind of trolling here
    You can have meaningful character development without a leveling system. Or to rephrase the argument, leveling may be fine, locking content behind it isn't. If i play an mmo, i want to jump straight into the gear grind/endgame, where the actual progression lies.

I'm oneshotting mobs with judgement as a holy paladin and taking zero damage.

It might be my worst leveling experience yet.

I'm having a lot of fun levelling new toons. Before the prepatch hit, I had 18 toons at max level, each taking a couple of weeks of on and off playing. Now, I'm managing to get toons to 50 within a few days.

I'm trying to get 48 toons to max level (4 of each of the 12 classes so I can have each class in all 4 covenants). Since patch day, I've got a monk and a rogue to 50, so that's 20 max level toons so far.

So... Yeah I have a lot of stuff to do in WoW until Shadowlands goes live.