Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I've gotta love the changes to MoP & WoD heirlooms as well. This feels so meaty...

By the way, has anyone tried doing Island Expeditions with a level 50 boosting a level 10? Is the XP any good?
    Didn't try Islands as the first couple didn't do much, Freehold however is insane, my husband boosted me from level 10 to 50 in 3 hours and 22 minutes yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    We currently are in a cycle of destruction with leveling:

1. Blizzard nerfs leveling into the ground.
    2. Everyone who hates leveling says "wow leveling is fixed!" for a month or two.
    3. Then everyone who hates leveling still hates leveling and forgets they said that leveling is fixed.
    4. We go back to step 1.

People said leveling was fixed with heirlooms first went in, when level scaling first went in, when leveling in BGs first went in, when leveling in IEs first went in. Every. Single. Time. We hear the same refain: leveling is fixed! and then they forget they said it and beg for more nerfs.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say by 2021, players will complain leveling sucks really badly and demand to be able to freely make new chars at level 60.

The way to fix leveling is to make it more interesting. Instead, blizz breaks it more and more and makes it easier, which ruins it.
    For Blizzard to make questing more interesting and relevant over a longer period of time, they would have to invest development time in updating old zones. When they are working on a new xpac they would also have to refresh the old quests in EK/K, BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, Wod, Legion, BFA, SL++ for it to stay relevant and interesting. They would have to do it, cause a lvl 1 character can choose what zone to play in. Who would justify spending resources on that? no one.

Questing and leveling is always interesting and relevant when you do the the first couple of times. After that, its old and it gets old quick. So people just grind it out quickly as possible. Even in classic, people are screaming in lfg channel for boosts in dungeons. In a version of the game were leveling is supposed to be a big thing. Why do people do it? more effective and the quests has already been done.

Issue is, as xpacs and new lvls come into the game, the leveling gets more and more convoluded. The higher the lvl cap, the longer it feels to reach max lvl. The streamlining of the leveling now will 100% help new players to have a better understanding of whats going on+ veteran players can change it up at theyre own leisure how and where they want to lvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    In WoW reaching mas lvl was never "the end". It was never end game content, the real thing starts after reaching max lvl, and after so many expansion piled on top of each other leveling was in a dire need of revamp. It fixed it's length and fucked up chronology.
    The reason i put the end in quotation marks is there is no real end to wow. That much i agree with but the rest is too incoherent to really understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    For Blizzard to make questing more interesting and relevant over a longer period of time, they would have to invest development time in updating old zones. When they are working on a new xpac they would also have to refresh the old quests in EK/K, BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, Wod, Legion, BFA, SL++ for it to stay relevant and interesting. They would have to do it, cause a lvl 1 character can choose what zone to play in. Who would justify spending resources on that? no one.

Questing and leveling is always interesting and relevant when you do the the first couple of times. After that, its old and it gets old quick. So people just grind it out quickly as possible. Even in classic, people are screaming in lfg channel for boosts in dungeons. In a version of the game were leveling is supposed to be a big thing. Why do people do it? more effective and the quests has already been done.

Issue is, as xpacs and new lvls come into the game, the leveling gets more and more convoluded. The higher the lvl cap, the longer it feels to reach max lvl. The streamlining of the leveling now will 100% help new players to have a better understanding of whats going on+ veteran players can change it up at theyre own leisure how and where they want to lvl.
    No, that's hat you like to do. I for one have gone back and earned loremaster 4 of my 10 characters because i like the story and it's fun to do. Streamlining isn't always better in the long run in fact one might say it could hurt a complicated game like wow

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Edit: Also, i really don't like the removal of the satchel of helpful goods. Between that, almost no gear quest rewards, and almost no drops from dungeons, i think i haven't gotten a new piece of gear in about 25 levels now.
    They aren't removed. I've been getting them every dungeon just fine. Pretty much the only reason I'm leveling/spamming dungeons is for the mog out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Its probably also got to do with Blizzard wanting new players into the game. Players of old(like me who played since classic) dont match with players of today. The new generation of gamers expects something different. New players probably like it being fast paced in leveling and all that. Players of today look at leveling as something useless, a waste of time. I strongly disagree with this, but im a old fart in the gaming world now.

For me, getting one level on a character in classic feels better than reaching 50 on a alt in retail.
    I'm 40+ and I can't imagine spending any time leveling in this game. If you've been playing for a long time, what could you possibly get out of it? (serious question). Like at least in something like swtor there is a personalized story. In wow it's just running chores for x hours.

I feel like any adult with a decent job who wants to play new content (aka, endgame content) would be far better served just buying a boost. In the time you spent leveling through mindless content you could have done current raids and dungeons with your guild/friends.

The pacing and ability being more frequents is indeed much better (dont even care that its faster, just that you can stick to a full expac). but mobs scaling, at least lower levels, is still way too trivial. On arcane mages mobs die so quick im not sure I'll ever need to use arcane barrage to save mana. Can just stick to four charges all day.

On dest locks they die in one chaos bolt. Its just not enough time to actually feel like you're playing a combat game and not just one shotting.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    The leveling pace is pretty good, but my main complaint is that it appears that you can't select which zone to start leveling in. After one or two times starting in the same zone is going to be just as boring as before, only faster.
    I don’t know if this has been answered but I’m currently leveling in BC and every zone has 1 quest on the map, going there and completing it unlocks tons of new ones. Maybe I have an add on that shows where to go? Either way it’s still possible!

I love BC because they give you like 12 quests at once, I love mass turn ins!

I mean age, to be clear. He was saying he was old

Quote Originally Posted by Moco1982 View Post
    I don’t know if this has been answered but I’m currently leveling in BC and every zone has 1 quest on the map, going there and completing it unlocks tons of new ones. Maybe I have an add on that shows where to go? Either way it’s still possible!

I love BC because they give you like 12 quests at once, I love mass turn ins!
    I mean BFA specifically

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate this new leveling thing. The more changes they make to Wow the more they make it into a stupid point and click game where nothing really matters.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I feel the same.

I just leveled an alt. I felt it was over before it even started. It felt something was missing.

I would like the option to extend it. It takes roughly one expansion worth of content to get to 50lvl. I would like an option to extend that to two or something.

Generally speaking it was relatively ok, though. Since this is the case, its probably considered success by blizz and they won't touch it until they feel like they need to fix something that isn't broken like usual.
    Turn EXP off, and play for as long as you want before hitting max level.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    my thought is leveling in retail feels disgusting atm.

got 10-50 in 7 hours. it should have never been possible

wow is no longer mmorpg in my eyes - its mmo-instance symulator . its lost any right to be called rpg game

if you took 20 hours you must have been taking very long .....sessions in process for it to be so slow.

wont lie getting 1-20 in classic feels much more revarding them getting 1-50 in retail now.

disguested with what blizzard did to this game.
    As has been the case for a LONG time, the only game that matters in WoW is the max level game.

There doesn't have to be a arbitrarily long and annoying leveling process in a 14 year old game for it to be considered an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I really hate this new leveling thing. The more changes they make to Wow the more they make it into a stupid point and click game where nothing really matters.
    its a Video game, nothing about it matters. You sinking more time into it can be your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Turn EXP off, and play for as long as you want before hitting max level.
    Since Im feeling this is the most dumb idea ever to solve this, I repeat what I said earlier. A post that was posted after what you just quoted, but this is the last time I do so because I don't want to get tied to this discussion more than I already have.

Is leveling anymore leveling, if you do not actually level anymore? Do not get skills? Talents? Higher level gear?

Another guy already said "No" and then proceeded to tell me that leveling is bad content and I get subbar experience by doing so. I do not agree. If its content I like to do then its not subbar content. I have been leveling alts over and over since vanilla. Its what I do when I get done/bored of the subbar end game content that blizz spews for us to grind. See what I did there! Surprise, there are different opinions!

Over time I have liked to say "wow is good waste of time". I feel like its become less "good". Its also not black and white thing. I will still play SL at least until I run out of content to do and get bored of leveling alts that I do not feel like I really even got to play. Its not "like it all or quit!!!!", like I have been basically told elsewhere.

I wasn't going to play the game until the pre-patch events started, giving more time with Anno 1800, but the revamped leveling sort of has me hooked... And I don't know why!
    Gah!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    It never really mattered to begin with, all that means anything is how a person feels about playing and what they pursue in-game. And you don't speak for everyone.

The "click and point"-part I don't get. It was always about clicking shit and running around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Since Im feeling this is the most dumb idea ever to solve this, I repeat what I said earlier. A post that was posted after what you just quoted, but this is the last time I do so because I don't want to get tied to this discussion more than I already have.

Is leveling anymore leveling, if you do not actually level anymore? Do not get skills? Talents? Higher level gear?

Another guy already said "No" and then proceeded to tell me that leveling is bad content and I get subbar experience by doing so. I do not agree. If its content I like to do then its not subbar content. I have been leveling alts over and over since vanilla. Its what I do when I get done/bored of the subbar end game content that blizz spews for us to grind. See what I did there! Surprise, there are different opinions!

Over time I have liked to say "wow is good waste of time". I feel like its become less "good". Its also not black and white thing. I will still play SL at least until I run out of content to do and get bored of leveling alts that I do not feel like I really even got to play. Its not "like it all or quit!!!!", like I have been basically told elsewhere.
    What difference does content being done matter if you are leveling or not. if you want to level through 2 expansions before hitting max level, you can feel free to do so. Leveling the last couple of years has been a pain in the ass since they made it monotonous again.

I know people have different "opinions" on it, but if you enjoy leveling over and over, why wouldn't you just enjoy turning off EXP and playing through the zones that aren't endgame. is looking forward to 1 more talent point in 15hrs really that much of a brilliant game system?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    The "click and point"-part I don't get. It was always about clicking shit and running around.
    I find that's the new go to "WoW isn't an MMO or RPG!!" type whine and as such seems just as asinine as those points.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    my thought is leveling in retail feels disgusting atm.

got 10-50 in 7 hours. it should have never been possible

wow is no longer mmorpg in my eyes - its mmo-instance symulator . its lost any right to be called rpg game

if you took 20 hours you must have been taking very long .....sessions in process for it to be so slow.

wont lie getting 1-20 in classic feels much more revarding them getting 1-50 in retail now.

disguested with what blizzard did to this game.
    I've been playing this game since vanilla. I have every class level capped. Leveling has been terrible for a very long time. Now, I actually want to make new, fresh alts to level.

Leveling is the most inconsequential and pointless aspect of any MMO. The rewarding content is always at end game. Don't like it, classic's still available to you. I have better things to spend my time on these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    They aren't removed. I've been getting them every dungeon just fine. Pretty much the only reason I'm leveling/spamming dungeons is for the mog out of them.
    We'll that's weird. I've done about 15 dungeons so far and i haven't gotten a single one. Which expansion were you leveling in? I've only done WoD so far, maybe it has something to do with that.

We'll that's weird. I've done about 15 dungeons so far and i haven't gotten a single one. Which expansion were you leveling in? I've only done WoD so far, maybe it has something to do with that.
    That's why. WoD / Legion never had any satchels before the pre-patch or after. Only 1-90 content did. They added in WoD and as the expansions went on they never added any in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is an outdated and boring concept. Be glad it's still there at all instead of being removed completely like it should be.
    I'd rather it be removed than kept in its current shambling form. I'd like to see what Blizzard can come up with as a modern rpg-friendly alternative to classical leveling systems.