Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    There was several of these suggestions. Turn off xp. Its a gimmick solution.

Is leveling leveling, if you gain no xp, and thus no levels? Or any skills? Talents? Or anything but gear that you dont even replace? No its not leveling. At least in my opinion.
    Exactly, it is playing through the story.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - I'm trying to push a 45 (was 110 ready to go to BfA) to 50... and there is apparently a MASSIVE difference when you don't have any content to do, when you are just looking for old quests and getting 22 xp per mob kill.
    I'm confused. There is no such thing as "old quests" and running out of content now. You should be able to go anywhere Level 45-50 and get full XP. Speak to Chromie if you've not already do so to ensure all zones stretch to Level 50.

theres some bugs here and there, like my lvl 25 kul tiran didnt have a bfa intro quest. but besides the few bugs its great!

Hello, I read all of your posts and for the most part I agree. I do wanna bring up a few points that I think many of you missed talking about. For example I see quite a few people mentioning that the reason "we" like the new leveling as much as we do is because it's faster. For me, that is not true. I had no problem with either pre-9.0 or Classic leveling speed. The problem was that getting a new level in classic unlocked new stuff, talent points, ranks, spells and in some cases even new armor class. Getting a level up in pre-9.0 was so mind numbingly boring not because of the speed of leveling but because you got absolutely nothing that changed your class in any way. With the new patch this changed dramatically and we get something new every level or two and this makes the leveling a whole lot better.

The second thing I would like to talk about is that nobody seemed to answer is, if you would be okay with preserving 60 levels forever to maintain this smooth leveling experience. I think we should stop going beyond level 60 ever again, it will simply make leveling worse over time again. We should stick with 60 for the expansion after Shadowlands as well.

Ty for replies!
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2020-10-19 at 09:16 AM.

Yeah - I'm trying to push a 45 (was 110 ready to go to BfA) to 50... and there is apparently a MASSIVE difference when you don't have any content to do, when you are just looking for old quests and getting 22 xp per mob kill.
    talk to chromie and you can level to 50 in any expansion and any zone, how can you run out of content

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    theres some bugs here and there, like my lvl 25 kul tiran didnt have a bfa intro quest. but besides the few bugs its great!
    Is this really a bug? I assumed that it was intentional that Kul Tirans and Zandalari Trolls skipped the intro experience for BFA. I leveled a ZT in 8.3 and the same thing happened there. Skipped the intro quest and went straight to the quest table to choose a zone. It made sense to me at the time. I was actually curious what would happen there, and seeing that it happened like that didn't make me raise any eyebrows. The fact that it also happens with Kul Tirans just settles it even further in my mind that it's probably intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I'm confused. There is no such thing as "old quests" and running out of content now.
    Well - there is, I'd done most of the content from 1 to 110 before patch, was about to do BfA - but now I'm level 45 and BfA isn't available until 50 and I've done most of the other content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    talk to chromie and you can level to 50 in any expansion and any zone, how can you run out of content
    Because I can't do BfA until 50, and I'd already done most of the content from 1-110 before patch.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Because I can't do BfA until 50, and I'd already done most of the content from 1-110 before patch.
    I don't understand, I was able to go do BFA with level 10 after I got to Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    The reason i put the end in quotation marks is there is no real end to wow. That much i agree with but the rest is too incoherent to really understand.

- - - Updated - - -

No, that's hat you like to do. I for one have gone back and earned loremaster 4 of my 10 characters because i like the story and it's fun to do. Streamlining isn't always better in the long run in fact one might say it could hurt a complicated game like wow
    Preaching to the wrong guy here really.. I've done Loremaster on 3 characters. I love going out in the zones, exploring and reading quest text.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I don't understand, I was able to go do BFA with level 10 after I got to Orgrimmar.
    Well - I don't understand either, but I was already level 110 and became level 45 and cannot go to BfA.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    I'm 40+ and I can't imagine spending any time leveling in this game. If you've been playing for a long time, what could you possibly get out of it? (serious question). Like at least in something like swtor there is a personalized story. In wow it's just running chores for x hours.

I feel like any adult with a decent job who wants to play new content (aka, endgame content) would be far better served just buying a boost. In the time you spent leveling through mindless content you could have done current raids and dungeons with your guild/friends.
    Fair point. Its all anecdotal but; I've been playing Classic recently. Im 30+ with job, studies, kid and all that other stuff coming with being a grown up. But i've been having alot of fun with classic, just leveling my paladin. Doing quests(I read many of the quest texts), exploring the zones and now and then do a dungeon if I have the time for it. Most days I get tops 1-2 hours of gametime, maybe on weekends I get a few more hours if possible. Point is, I like it. I dont mind not reaching max lvl in a hurry. Max lvl and the content there wont go anywhere anytime soon. Though I gotta say; I played in vanilla and cleared all except Naxx, so that probably has something to do with not rushing to max level.

There is alot of story and lore in wow. Problem is, you gotta read quest texts and alot of it aint that obvious to understand if you dont pay attention. SWTORs leveling style is great and easier to jump into than wow. Back in the old days you could level to max without having a clue why you kill Ragnaros, Nefarian, chtun and so on if you just accepted quests without paying a slim of attention. Atleast in modern wow you get the big picture while leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    Other games have systems to make leveling very interesting. They don't have to make up something new, just borrow what works elsewhere.
    What other game have 15+ years of uptime with 7+ xpacs with each having theyre own unique zone, story, quests and all connected to them? What other game have this amount of people still playing the game after so many years?

What you are asking for is removing everything of old and implement something new for leveling in each new xpac. That will take dev time away from building upon new content at max lvl in a new xpac.

Well - I don't understand either, but I was already level 110 and became level 45 and cannot go to BfA.
    Either it’s a bug or you’re completely missing something. My brand new character was sent to BFA content right after Exile’s Reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Either it’s a bug or you’re completely missing something.
    It is neither - apparently it is working as intended, ticket reply was ... well just figure something out.

My brand new character was sent to BFA content right after Exile’s Reach
    Once more with feeling ... this wasn't a brand new character, it was level 110 (having levelled normally through previous expansions) - then became level 45 on squish.

It is neither - apparently it is working as intended, ticket reply was ... well just figure something out.

Once more with feeling ... this wasn't a brand new character, it was level 110 (having levelled normally through previous expansions) - then became level 45 on squish.
    Mate if a level 10 character can do BFA content then a level 45 character should also be able to. If you’re 100% sure that you’re not missing something then it must be a bug. Anything else doesn’t make any sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    And you can't talk to chromie next to embassay to get sent into any other expansion?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mate if a level 10 character can do BFA content then a level 45 character should also be able to. If you’re 100% sure that you’re not missing something then it must be a bug. Anything else doesn’t make any sense.
    It has to be bugged for him or he is missing something because I can go do BfA on my lv45 chars(former lv110)no problem. Xp is on par with other leveling content. Just leveled an alt from 49 to 50 by doing some quests in Zandalar.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2020-10-19 at 10:51 AM.

I like being able to level in any expansion I like. I dislike out-leveling said expansion before I've done all the zones just because I had the audacity to do some side quests.

Of course thankfully we have xp-freezing but considering one of the main selling points for the new system was being able to complete a full expansion without out-leveling it, I'm a bit disppointed. At the very least they should have a "do you want to finish the current campaign or move on" option when you ding 50 for less knowledgeable players.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    It has to be bugged for him or he is missing something because I can go do BfA on my lv45 chars(former lv110)no problem. Xp is on par with other leveling content. Just leveled an alt from 49 to 50 by doing some quests in Zandalar.
    He probably just messed up and now is too embarrassed to admit it.

7+ Year Old Account
    He probably just messed up and now is too embarrassed to admit it.
    Only way I can imagine mobs only giving 20xp each is if it is one of those quests with infinitely spawning mobs that just keeps coming that has really low xp just so it cannot be abused. Because starting leveling on BfA is nothing more than doing the intro quest like normal, don't even need Chromie time to do it.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Typically that's the Blizzard response when something is indeed not a bug, but you are missing something obvious - though they're usually more helpful than that.

Can you explain why you can't pick any other expansions to get to 50 if you're so sure you'll get BfA at 50? Are you trying to say you did literally every zone and quest in Classic/Cataclysm, Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Mists of Pandaria, Warlords of Draenor and Legion? I mean I guess I could sorta believe it if your 110 was your main for pretty much the whole of WoW then you inexplicably ditched them in BfA. Is that what happened?