Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That can’t be right but leveling should be an option kinda but like yeahhh okie dokie TY ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Mate if a level 10 character can do BFA content then a level 45 character should also be able to.
    You'd think so - but apparently not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Can you explain why you can't pick any other expansions to get to 50 if you're so sure you'll get BfA at 50?
    I levelled this toon up slowly, over time to level 110 via all the old expansions. It only had to do BfA to get to 120.
    Suddenly the toon is 45 and unable to do BfA.

So - there are probably scattered quests here and there, but when you do the first half of an expansion and abandon the rest - it isn't easy to find the stragglers. Chromie doesn't help - she just says 'continue doing the expansion'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Because starting leveling on BfA is nothing more than doing the intro quest like normal, don't even need Chromie time to do it.
    Indeed - and if there was a way for me to start the BfA questline - there wouldn't be a problem.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I levelled this toon up slowly, over time to level 110 via all the old expansions. It only had to do BfA to get to 120.

So - there are probably scattered quests here and there, but when you do the first half of an expansion and abandon the rest - it isn't easy to find the stragglers. Chromie doesn't help - she just says 'continue doing the expansion'.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed - and if there was a way for me to start the BfA questline - there wouldn't be a problem.
    You have done each and every starting zone of Classic? Because that alone should get you to 50 no problem. Talk to chromie and ask her to send you to Cataclysm, that will let you level to 50 with the starting zones alone. You can easily recognize where your quest continues (at least the main zone story) on the map with the yellow exclamation mark. You need to be in the correct timeline from Chromie tho. So if you really did every zone of Classic (which are a ton) you can go talk to Chromie and ask for BC, Wotlk etc. and then open the map and check each zone for yellow Exclamation marks.

And the easiest way to get to lvl 50 now would be to simply queue for dungeons. Again, talk to Chromie, set it to Cataclysm and set it for "Classic" Dungeon queue, it's as low as 3 minutes for DPS there. After you ding to 50 the game will force you to the current timeline. I remember people being mad that Blizzard forces people back to the BFA timeline, this is exactly why it's a good idea because some ppl get stuck for some reason.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2020-10-19 at 12:12 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It is actually a known bug, some characters can't start BFA : https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000275307

Finished leveling a void elf monk through Legion yesterday and I'm not able to start the BFA questlines. Got the HoA intro from Magni and then a big fat nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    You have done each and every starting zone of Classic?
    No - but I have no breadcrumbs so no way of finding out where the quests would be for the half I didn't do.

I'm pretty much stuck doing max level content and hoping it gives some XP - so far around 80% of the sauramar questline is giving XP (around 5k each) and mobs are giving 22xp (44xp with rested bonus).

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

7+ Year Old Account
    That seriously sucks.
    At this point we can only do troubleshooting. I would try looking through your questlog and see if there are any quests that can put you in an instanced version of your capital city that might hinder you to see the necessary NPCs to get the quests. I know Orgrimmar is terrible because we have 3 chieftains all on top of eachother which causes a lot of phasing issues when dealing with breadcrumb quests.

That seriously sucks.
    I would try looking through your questlog
    Questlog entirely empty ... until I started doing the sauramar quests... around a level to go there and most of the quests aren't giving XP now, so hunting around a bit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Questlog entirely empty ... until I started doing the sauramar quests... around a level to go there and most of the quests aren't giving XP now, so hunting around a bit.
    That is alarming to be honest.
    Also you probably have this enabled already, but the option to view outdated (or whatever it's called) quest markers, do you have it enabled? Because I would just enable it and fly through the world and seeing if you can find any quests at all. Alternatively run dungeons if they give you more xp.

Edit: Also crazy idea, ever tried to have someone summon you to BfA zones? Or a portal?
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2020-10-19 at 12:43 PM.

That is alarming to be honest.
    Also you probably have this enabled already, but the option to view outdated (or whatever it's called) quest markers, do you have it enabled?
    Alternatively run dungeons if they give you more xp.
    Dungeons take around 2 hours a pop including the massive queue time.

Edit: Also crazy idea, ever tried to have someone summon you to BfA zones? Or a portal?
    I just caught the boat to Boralas... apart from the quest to do the scrapper, not a single quest was to be seen.

No - but I have no breadcrumbs so no way of finding out where the quests would be for the half I didn't do.

I'm pretty much stuck doing max level content and hoping it gives some XP - so far around 80% of the sauramar questline is giving XP (around 5k each) and mobs are giving 22xp (44xp with rested bonus).
    You avoided half my post, why? I also talked about just doing Classic dungeons which will get you to 50 rapidly, are you also implying you can not change off the Legion timeline with Chromie? If so, please provide a screenshot of you talking to Chromie. It's unbelievable at this point.

schwarzkopf: It may be quicker to consult your achievements and look at which zones you've never capped out in terms of the quest achievements and just go do those areas once you've activated Chromie Time. All you need to do is enter Cataclysm, for example, and you can fly anywhere in the old kingdoms and get full XP. There has to be at least some zones you've never touched.

Question relevant to this topic:

How the heck do you queue for vanilla dungeons on a low level (teens) character? There's no chromie time option for vanilla, and the default position is BfA/Freehold.

doing Classic dungeons which will get you to 50 rapidly,
    I'd mentioned a number of times that dungeons take far too long at around 2 hours a pop.

are you also implying you can not change off the Legion timeline with Chromie?
    No - I'm stating that there isn't any questing to do off any of Chromie's time lines - I have had to look for max level content I'd not completed, and max level content quests don't always give XP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Question relevant to this topic:

How the heck do you queue for vanilla dungeons on a low level (teens) character? There's no chromie time option for vanilla, and the default position is BfA/Freehold.
    Cataclysm includes 1-60 and Cataclysm zones like Uldum.

No - I'm stating that there isn't any questing to do off any of Chromie's time lines - I have had to look for max level content I'd not completed, and max level content quests don't always give XP.
    Are you playing US or EU? Because on EU there is a very low queue time even for DPS in Classic/Cataclysm timeline. Why don't you just do dungeons of timelines that are active? Why you stay in Legion when you could do dungeons in a different one.

Are you playing US or EU?
    US - around 1 hr queues for current content, then another hour or so to do them.

First time i wanted to level an Alliance character since Cata prepatch; after finishing the DK questline, i dont get the quest to go to BFA content (i explicitly want to do the BFA content with this character to experience the story). As it turns out, this is a bug for days now, zero official response by Blizz. 10/10

Loving it! Doing 1-50 on a Rogue right now, I'm having more fun than I've had in years!

7+ Year Old Account
    Love it, the best thing Blizzard have done in quite awhile. Just leveled a character through a normal leveling path in Outland and dinged 50 after finishing 3½ zones, with 5 dungeons done in between the quests.

I think it's important to think, that you won't be able to "finish" an expansion, but you will be able to make a path, as you did in the past. You can pick 3-5 zones and follow them in a path, nearly always close to ending a zone when you hit lvl 50.

The only small problems i have, is that they could add a flight path whistle to the game, so some zones work when you don't have flying, and making the Heirlooms a bit more fun. Love that it does not give XP, but the set bonuses are a bit boring.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Cataclysm includes 1-60 and Cataclysm zones like Uldum.
    Mind blown. That is not obvious, thank you.