Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Just finished my leveling from 1-50 on my warlock, took me 20h in-game of which a couple hours were idling and fixing my broken addons.

I have to say, leveling is pretty fun now. I chose not to use heirlooms because other than these minuscules buffs they provide it wasn't worth the excitement of getting new loot every now and then from Dungeons or Quests. The best part is the pacing of the level ups, it feels steady and there is no big bump of XP required to get to the next lvl up. Also, the abilities and talents unlock regularly every 1-2 levels, so there is always a new tool to look forward to. They should keep leveling like this and, if necessary, never go beyond lvl 60 again. It feels just about right at this place.

Your thoughts?
    I completely agree! I used to hate leveling alt, but now I find myself leveling another rogue on a completely new realm. Please Blizzard, don't try and "fix" this.

Something I've noticed is mobs become sponges around level 30.

Took my group literally 5 minutes to kill bosses in Iron Docks today with all of my group being 30-40 and in heirloom gear.

Maybe just bad tuning or something, I don't know, but it's very noticeable and not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Something I've noticed is mobs become sponges around level 30..
    You REALLY feel it. Hahah!

I don't know what Blizzard expects to happen at level 30, but most classes do not get a severe power increase there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Something I've noticed is mobs become sponges around level 30.

Took my group literally 5 minutes to kill bosses in Iron Docks today with all of my group being 30-40 and in heirloom gear.

Maybe just bad tuning or something, I don't know, but it's very noticeable and not fun.
    I am not sure about your definition of fun, but bosses that dies in 15 seconds is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    I am not sure about your definition of fun, but bosses that dies in 15 seconds is horrible.
    Even when it's a boss from 10 years ago that you've seen easily 100 times?

Quote Originally Posted by pokies View Post
    I completely agree! I used to hate leveling alt, but now I find myself leveling another rogue on a completely new realm. Please Blizzard, don't try and "fix" this.
    If there is nothing to “fix” then the Blizzard employees will lose their jobs. So they seem to create “problems” that doesn’t exist to not be made redundant.

I finally enjoy levelling, so they did something right.

- - - Updated - - -

When I level I just want to progress, spending 5 minutes on a boss I've killed 100s of times before is horrible to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    If there is nothing to “fix” then the Blizzard employees will lose their jobs. So they seem to create “problems” that doesn’t exist to not be made redundant.
    True that. But this time it feels like they've nailed the leveling experience, now they should try and focus on balance instead (but that's a whole other discussion!).

I would not say that getting max level within 10-15h is 'good'.
    Painless, easy and probably enjoyable? Yes.
    Good? Not even close.

Good leveling is for me when you are happy to invest several days or even weeks.
    When getting quest item seems like an upgrade that you are happy with.
    It should be focused on the progress of your character and not on the reaching the goal fast as possible.
    But it is just only my opinion...

Altho i like the option to level in any expansion i wish, i do feel a lack of progress while doing so. All the mobs level with me so i never feel like iam getting stronger, just got more options on my spellbar. Only after reaching max level it is possible to get actually stronger.
    Leveling is also way to fast in my opinion. The entire experience is trivial now and feels even more like an extended tutorial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I reroll on another server and do not want to spend money on transfers my leveling experience has been brilliant so far. The current pacing keeps me motivated to continue leveling and create more chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    Since I reroll on another server and do not want to spend money on transfers my leveling experience has been brilliant so far. The current pacing keeps me motivated to continue leveling and create more chars.
    I completely agree! This is a very welcome change!

I havent leveled any char for a few years. Its so cool that ur vision is only to get 50-60lvls not 120. I felt like logging on i.e 40lvl char getting 1llvl and then realising im not even in a half way to max lvl was dulling. Now its like hmm i need just a 30lvls(random number) to get max so I can do it.

There are several problems with leveling tho, but its give and take.
    I feel like character power proggresion is still bad, and scaling world is not that fun.
    I prefered classic in those terms. If it was like classic but x2 exp gain i would take it.
    I logged on chars on different lvls and I think most of them are just untouchable for mobs which is kinda sad, its not fun experience especially if new player can just go through all of it without any effort, at least its just 60lvls now and not 120 while doing same sh1t. leveling post wotlk is just - tag and kill

For people who think that levelling is too fast: You can do loremaster after you reach max-level in areas you didnt finish.

I love it! Been playing around 6 hours now and already 31 on my high tauren druid. Trully love it!!!

15 seconds is quite different than 5 minutes, not quite sure how why you decided that number.

It’s not 5 minutes of engaging combat, it’s 5 minutes of standing there unloading and watching the hp bar barely move, while the boss is barely doing damage.

It’s just flat out dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by pokies View Post
    True that. But this time it feels like they've nailed the leveling experience, now they should try and focus on balance instead (but that's a whole other discussion!).
    I 100% agree. Leveling feels really great now. I’m really taking my time with some of the Wrath zones. It feels awesome that you’re actually looking forward to leveling your next alt instead of seeing it as a chore. The leveling experience is actually... *do I dare to say it*... fun now. So good job Blizz! I just still don’t trust them at all and I wouldn’t be surprised if they somehow messed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I would not say that getting max level within 10-15h is 'good'.
    Painless, easy and probably enjoyable? Yes.
    Good? Not even close.

Good leveling is for me when you are happy to invest several days or even weeks.
    When getting quest item seems like an upgrade that you are happy with.
    It should be focused on the progress of your character and not on the reaching the goal fast as possible.
    But it is just only my opinion...
    I would counter by saying that that experience can be found in the current expansion and end-game.

Making progression through old expansions tedious is not really a good way to go about creating the environment you're looking for. Moreover, the game has grown to such a degree that doing so would result in a truly bloated process rather than a fun adventure. That's what we had before now: A process, not an adventure.

This is why I think it's good what they're doing with chromie time. Although the balance isn't quite right to make 1-50 take an entire expansion, I'm not convinced it needs to be. Maybe there should be sn option for that to appease people looking for what you described, but for those interested in leveling fast to reach the current expansion, the way it is now is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgarde View Post
    Not sure if troll or serious ? RPG. Role Playing Game. It's all about character progression and, well, leveling duh.
    Even good ol' D&D Board Game is about leveling. Hell, friggin MTG added leveling with their planeswalker.
    All JRPGs have leveling, every MMORPG has leveling, even more action-paced games like The Division has leveling.
    I suspect some kind of trolling here
    dnd is most definitely not about levelling. It's about the story. Arbitrary levels for the sake of levels are meaningless. The superior game is the one that's fun to play. Your fantasy of spending 1000 hours to max level is not fun.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    its near impossible to go back to that humble sweet mentality when you've been a min maxer since TBC. It would be great but its like once you have seen the red pill truth its not possible to just go back to purposely slowing yourself down by reading quests you've already read/done 10+ years ago. I get what you're saying though.
    Maybe for People with no Willpower. I was a hardcore raider from TBC through MoP. I went back to just taking my time enjoying the games fairly easily. Spreadsheets arent fun.