Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Alleria and Turalyon's dialogue post-Ny'alotha

Why is no one talking about this brief dialogue that Alleria and Turalyon have after N'Zoth's defeat?

Alleria sighs, her brow furrowed.
    High Exarch Turalyon says: I thought I’d find you here. It’s a place you often visit when something’s on your mind.
    Alleria Windrunner says: Perhaps these statues remind me of a… simpler time.
    High Exarch Turalyon says: So much has happened since our return to Azeroth. The wounding of the world… the war against the Horde…
    Alleria Windrunner says: War I understand. We both do. But I expected to be fighting with two sisters at my side. Instead, I faced one of them in battle--or at least, what remains of her.
    High Exarch Turalyon says: Has the downfall of the Old God brought you at least a measure of peace?
    Alleria Windrunner says: The whispers did not end with his defeat. In fact, it seems new voices have joined the chorus. When I think of the nightmare he forced into my mind…
    High Exarch Turalyon says: I witnessed them, too. But they didn’t shake my faith in you. Not for a moment.
    Alleria Windrunner says: Nor mine for you, my love. Enough reflection. We have a job to do--hunt down Sylvanas… and make her pay.
    The implications of this dialogue are massive and very worrisome. Why have the whispers worsened despite N'Zoth's crushing defeat? Who could be those "new voices that joined the chorus"? Maybe the other Old Gods are somehow reforming after their defeats long ago and are ready to torment mortals again? Maybe there is a world soul out there in the cosmos that has been corrupted by the Void? Or perhaps N'Zoth reached out to other Old Gods throughout the cosmos and they have taken a keen interest in the events on Azeroth?

I believe that this dialogue is pivotal and massive foreshadowing of what is to come in or after Shadowlands. I am therefore surprised that not many people have brought this up.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-18 at 01:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because we did.
    Back when, you know, it was new and relevant information.

Formerly known as Arafal

This is just Blizzard leaving an open ending, in case some day they decide to continue that story. Not a biggie.

The Old Gods on Azeroth are a nothing-burger nowadays, they missed their chance and with the Alliance and Horde getting stronger and stronger every passing day, they are no longer a threat. They'd be smart to "stay dead".

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think this is less "the Void is leaning on her harder" and more that the Void and the voices now have new ammunition, in the form of fresh traumas and wounds to her psyche, to make use of in their manipulations of her. The more terrible things she witnesses the more raw wounds to the soul they have to needle her in, so to speak. Difficult to say, though; N'Zoth may well have done something more directly to her mind as well. But the above was my immediate takeaway on seeing the dialogue originally.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    This is just Blizzard leaving an open ending, in case some day they decide to continue that story. Not a biggie.

The Old Gods on Azeroth are a nothing-burger nowadays, they missed their chance and with the Alliance and Horde getting stronger and stronger every passing day, they are no longer a threat. They'd be smart to "stay dead".
    Well but what about the Old Gods living on other worlds? The Void Lords sent hundreds if not thousands of Old Gods throughout the cosmos. There was an Old God in Outland, for example, there were even some silithid minions in one of the TBC dungeons. Maybe the expansion after Shadowlands will revolve around these alien Old Gods invading Azeroth after N'Zoth sent them its location. And since those Old Gods now know where Azeroth is, they can start corrupting its mortals, hence why "new voices have joined the chorus".

Blizzard likes to drop these small but significant lines of dialogue that foreshadow either the next expansion or one of the future ones. For example, the Wrathion questline in MoP heavily foreshadowed the Third Legion Invasion, and the Bolvar questline in 8.1 heavily foreshadowed Shadowlands. Perhaps there is still the possibility for an Old God expansion in the future, even if all the Azerothian Old Gods are gone.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-18 at 02:12 PM.

We still don't know where Xal'atath is. In both senses of the word. The old god slaying dagger that N'zoth said was part of his grand plan and that is coated in his blood, and the female possibly-old-god entity, freed to her own devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until something happens or more is revealed, there isn’t a point in discussing something that is brought up by you literally every single time you post in a thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Maybe alleria just has normal schizophrenia, and was never influenced by void to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    This is just Blizzard leaving an open ending
    It's obvious that all of this is what Sylvanas is preparing us for. Void will attack Azeroth in the next expansion and we need the help of the Jailer or something something to stand a chance. There's a reason why Alleria's whispers were telling her to kill Sylvanas because they know she is working against the Void.

Void can't corrupt the dead. Sylvanas = Death and decay. Coincidence? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    It's obvious that all of this is what Sylvanas is preparing us for. Void will attack Azeroth in the next expansion and we need the help of the Jailer or something something to stand a chance. There's a reason why Alleria's whispers were telling her to kill Sylvanas because they know she is working against the Void.

Void can't corrupt the dead. Sylvanas = Death and decay. Coincidence? I think not.
    The void can't corrupt the dead? Then why do so many serve it in the Twilight's hammer, to name but one example.
    Likewise the void has been shown to have little enough trouble corrupting other nonliving things, i.e. machinery or titanic minions.
    Hell the only stated case of actual immunity to void corruption that i know of is the adult Titans, which is part of the whole "corrupt a worldsoul into a voidtitan" schtick that drives a large part of the lore.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Maybe alleria just has normal schizophrenia, and was never influenced by void to begin with?
    This is honestly the best case scenario. All this supernatural cosmic force bullshit has gone off the rails into territory that is beyond stupid.

When was this? I dont remember seeing this event ever? Or did I just miss it and now its too late?

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    When was this? I dont remember seeing this event ever? Or did I just miss it and now its too late?
    I think you need to speak with Alleria and Tyralion after the "The Price of Peace"-quest, where Tyrande throws her tantrum at Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    The void can't corrupt the dead? Then why do so many serve it in the Twilight's hammer, to name but one example.
    Likewise the void has been shown to have little enough trouble corrupting other nonliving things, i.e. machinery or titanic minions.
    Hell the only stated case of actual immunity to void corruption that i know of is the adult Titans, which is part of the whole "corrupt a worldsoul into a voidtitan" schtick that drives a large part of the lore.
    Undead in the Twilight's hammer? What? Show me an example, because I don't remember there being any undead there.

Also, if there were any forsaken in the Twilight's hammer it doesn't necessarily mean they've been corrupted.

Joining a cult =/= void whisper/corruption

Why is anyone surprised the whispers did not stop? We merely defeated N'zoth, the whispers originate from the Void. Void > N'zoth.

Undead in the Twilight's hammer? What? Show me an example, because I don't remember there being any undead there.

Also, if there were any forsaken in the Twilight's hammer it doesn't necessarily mean they've been corrupted.

Joining a cult =/= void whisper/corruption
    A few examples:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Domina
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Stasia_Fallshadow
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Willow
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Keeper_Bel%27dugur

Though i must admit they are rarer than i thought, though then again i might also be recalling various unnamed mobs.
    And while it's fair that they may not necessarily have been corrupted few would join such a cult without hearing the whispers or being enticed by its powers (which would certainly require a degree of corruption).

Additionally there is a hearthstone card to consider: https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Ravaging_Ghoul
    Though of course that does not need to mean much, even if it has at times.

Also the Scourge was protected from whispers by the the grace of them already being dominated by another will, not all undead are like that.
    Last edited by loras; 2020-10-18 at 04:00 PM.

i cant wait for your reaction when she will die/be dealt with this addon

the reason yogg was unable to corrupt undead in wotlk was because they were already mindless. basically just an extension of the LK
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    i cant wait for your reaction when she will die/be dealt with this addon
    You probably won't be seeing my reaction because I will stop playing at that point. All these past expansions build up for nothing? Just another generic villain without any sort of greater idea other than "Hurr,durr, I am bad." Even the new Blizzard wouldn't do that. Sylvanas keeps referencing that she is doing this for us, "setting US free" so I would be greatly disappointed if this expansion didn't have plot twists. Also, remember that each expansion has to tie to the next. And what would they do for the next expansion? I am fairly certain it will have to do with Light vs Void.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    A few examples:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Domina
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Stasia_Fallshadow
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Willow
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Keeper_Bel%27dugur

Though i must admit they are rarer than i thought, though then again i might also be recalling various unnamed mobs.
    And while it's fair that they may not necessarily have been corrupted few would join such a cult without hearing the whispers or being enticed by its powers (which would certainly require a degree of corruption).

Additionally there is a hearthstone card to consider: https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Ravaging_Ghoul
    Though of course that does not need to mean much, even if it has at times.

Also the Scourge was protected from whispers by the the grace of them already being dominated by another will, not all undead are like that.
    I love this post. People have circlejerked about how Undead somehow are totally immune to Void corruption and the Void itself is "afraid" of Sylvanas Windrunner, because something in the Void happened to prey on Alleria's fears by calling Sylvanas the "true enemy" or something.

Thank you for proving that the undead can be corrupted and serve the Old Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I love this post. People have circlejerked about how Undead somehow are totally immune to Void corruption and the Void itself is "afraid" of Sylvanas Windrunner, because something in the Void happened to prey on Alleria's fears by calling Sylvanas the "true enemy" or something.

Thank you for proving that the undead can be corrupted and serve the Old Gods.
    It's no definitive proof i'm afraid, nothing like a forsaken being warped into a faceless in example (which would be real convenient for the sake of this argument).
    Still it's quite strong an indication that death is indeed incapable of foiling the void.