I can't turn with RMB anymore in PvP

Hi,

it started today, and only in BGs. I cannot turn when my RMB is held down, I have to press it again .. which makes PvP unplayable for me. Any ideas how this could have happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Hi,

it started today, and only in BGs. I cannot turn when my RMB is held down, I have to press it again .. which makes PvP unplayable for me. Any ideas how this could have happened?
    Could be a couple things.
    1). I had something similar occur to me 2 days ago. I logged out and back in and it fixed itself.
    2). You hit a hot key that set your camera/interaction to function a certain way. I’m not sure what it is, but you can always check under key bindings. It is, again, something that happened to me; but, it was so long ago (WotLK/Cata era) that I don’t remember how my guild members got me to fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you try disabling all addons?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Eapoe that this is probably a setting that's accidentally turned on. If not, I'd start with the old disable all mods, then see if it goes away. If so you then just need to narrow it down.

WoW has some pretty obscure and irritating settings, some grandfathered in all the way from Vanilla (even if probably less than 1% of people use them), but when they try and cut them down they do dumb stuff like removing any ability to change a setting they removed, but not reverting it to the default value (happened with a couple of settings going from WoD to Legion, for example) so I guess better to keep them.

I kind of wish there was some kind of setting change log but I bet it'd be more trouble than it was worth.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2020-10-18 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Could be a couple things.
    1). I had something similar occur to me 2 days ago. I logged out and back in and it fixed itself.
    2). You hit a hot key that set your camera/interaction to function a certain way. I’m not sure what it is, but you can always check under key bindings. It is, again, something that happened to me; but, it was so long ago (WotLK/Cata era) that I don’t remember how my guild members got me to fix it.
    There are only 4 bindings on my camera settings. I did a quick Horseman run, it worked there at always, but in BGs I cannot turn anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I agree with Eapoe that this is probably a setting that's accidentally turned on. If not, I'd start with the old disable all mods, then see if it goes away. If so you then just need to narrow it down.
    Problem is I only have this issue in BGs ... and yesterday everything was fine.

Had the same issue when i logged in a couple of days after prepatch. Had to right click multiple times to get my camera to turn. Might be something on blizzards end.

The funny thing is, that the problem is only on my mage so far. Hunter was fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    type /fstack in the console and see if you have an invisible window blocking part of your screen
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Some of my Guild had Issues with Clicking, because of Atlas loot the last days.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Yes, but I removed Atlas Loot, that was a different problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Yeah, its not updated yet, I'd just disable it until then.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

3+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but I removed Atlas Loot, that was a different problem.
    Try disabling all addons and then trying a BG on your Mage. It could be that a specific addon has character-specific settings that overlay your screen, preventing you from right clicking while in a BG. As @MrPaladinGuy posted, try /fstack while in the BG to see if there's an invisible window blocking your screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Artale View Post
    Try disabling all addons and then trying a BG on your Mage. It could be that a specific addon has character-specific settings that overlay your screen, preventing you from right clicking while in a BG. As @MrPaladinGuy posted, try /fstack while in the BG to see if there's an invisible window blocking your screen.
    I see a lot of green windows ... not tech savvy enough to understand them

And the problem only starts during combat.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a problem with Frozen Orb and the green targeted area ...
    Last edited by Alithia; 2020-10-18 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of green windows ... not tech savvy enough to understand them

And the problem only starts during combat.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a problem with Frozen Orb and the green targeted area ...
    Disable your addons or update them, you shouldn't see any green windows.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I bet it's details! I had problems right clicking anything on one of my characters. Removed details! and the problem disappeared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro