Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The new outbreak

I there, not here to complain about it but to understand a little more about the feeling I have with it.

I feel like it's overall a big drawback over the ancient version. Yes, it's more meaningful tu use now, since it only spread the plague once, but I find myself stuggling using it. Before I could cast it on the run, now I have to wait (and do nothing basically since we're melee and shitty movement) that everything is well packed, or I will miss it on a few mobs. I feel like now I'm stuck to almost never use it from a long distance or use it as an anticipation mechanic.

I am the only one in this case or is the feeling overall really unsatisfying ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it sucks and its stupid.
    It's a disease and diseases are meant to spread, that was a big part of the unholy death knight theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xeddin View Post
    Yeah, it sucks and its stupid.
    It's a disease and diseases are meant to spread, that was a big part of the unholy death knight theme.
    Very true. Some specs are being changed/refined, but seems they're just cutting more and more of what makes a class/spec unique.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Yeah it sucks.. i really liked the feeling and theme for unholy, since the patch it just doesn't feel good anymore.. the spreading is what made unholy what it was, not it feels boring and lackluster

The new outbreak. You mean green howling blast?

Yeah, I sure enjoy to one last vestigial part of unholy's interest in diseases being stripped away because of m+ meme pulls.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

They should just give use pestilence back, that way we can spread diseases using a GCD whenever we need.

Ever since legion came out, there was just outbreak and forget it.

There is no "spread" of diseases, it's apply on everybody on a single global and forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Ever since legion came out, there was just outbreak and forget it.

There is no "spread" of diseases, it's apply on everybody on a single global and forget it.
    Yes, no shit, and the current outbreak sucks so that's why we should get Pestilence back.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    They should just give use pestilence back, that way we can spread diseases using a GCD whenever we need.
    People would just press Outbreak anyway as Pestilence has less range and doesn't re-infect the primary target. That would be worse.

I would prefer using Epidemic to spread the DoT after initial application. Could maybe copy over the highest duration disease to targets without the disease so that it can only spread and not refresh the duration.

I still love unholy, the spec feels great, but that is a sore point. seemed pointless? what was the reason for the change?

I am glad I wasn't alone in this. I always loved how Unholy was themed around spreading plague/diseases. I really hope they revert the change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye its basically just green howling blast now.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    People would just press Outbreak anyway as Pestilence has less range and doesn't re-infect the primary target. That would be worse.
    It would be an extra button. Outbreak has a CD.

It would be an extra button. Outbreak has a CD.
    In the case of Outbreak having a CD, removing CD on Outbreak would be better than Pestilence. Obviously BFA Outbreak is preferable to that, too. The extra button would just be bloat when Outbreak can and should be doing that by itself.

In the case of Outbreak having a CD, removing CD on Outbreak would be better than Pestilence. Obviously BFA Outbreak is preferable to that, too. The extra button would just be bloat when Outbreak can and should be doing that by itself.
    Many ways to skin a cat. In my opinion just give us back BFA outbreak but as Pestilence and its animation. More iconic. But that's all preference.

Many ways to skin a cat. In my opinion just give us back BFA outbreak but as Pestilence and its animation. More iconic. But that's all preference.
    Yeah, I'd agree with that. Visually Pestilence sells where and to who the disease is spreading. It may also be awkward if it didn't spread Unholy Blight, and if it did it would mean it would be up indefinitely between multiple targets by alternating with Pestilence spreading.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Visually Pestilence sells where and to who the disease is spreading. It may also be awkward if it didn't spread Unholy Blight, and if it did it would mean it would be up indefinitely between multiple targets by alternating with Pestilence spreading.
    Yeah that's more of a mechanical question of, "is this ability considered a disease or just its own thing", like how defile works. Tbh,with you completely I really don't like the direction UH has been taken since MoP or so. Really miss being the melee affliction spec, rather than a stitched up hybrid of mid CD's and combo point management.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I still love unholy, the spec feels great, but that is a sore point. seemed pointless? what was the reason for the change?
    MDI Unholy was a big offender there.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    MDI Unholy was a big offender there.
    What did outbreak have to do with that? I dont know fully what went down (researched one reddit post and left it at that so forgive my ignorance) but apparently it was the interaction with dark transformation applying aoe festering wounds with the aoe festering wound talent and going ham in DnD...
    Wouldnt aoe capping solve most of those issues? was the repeated application really a major reason for that bearking? or did it just help safely pull a lot?