Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by makls View Post
    No offence but is it rly for an ban tho?,he or she speaks the truth here.Why silence someone if this is going on for quite some time now,they are destroying the movie industry by catering to this minority since they still wont come to the cinemas anyway.
    No its another bullshit poster who's scared of seeing someone they don't like on screen.

Hell, I'd pay money to see a Native American transgender person kick butt on screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Jackie Chan is a lot harder to "replace" both because of his special level of crazy but also his fantastical physical comedy. He's more than just a skilled action star in a lot of ways.
    He's an actor, first and foremost. His athleticism and knowledge of martial arts are secondary benefits.

Bruce Lee is probably the best martial artist of his generation but he also had a lot of charisma. I don't think you can forego that. Arnold Schwarzenegger has the physique of an action star but he's also charismatic and some of the most memorable elements of his movies are the one-liners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    No its another bullshit poster who's scared of seeing someone they don't like on screen.

Hell, I'd pay money to see a Native American transgender person kick butt on screen.
    Yeah ok sure go for it ,all i am saying is that with this move the are neglecting the actual viewer base by focusing the 1% who will not fill the cinemas .I just cant belive we made it to a point where we need to push immoral narratives to get a cash grab and silence anyone who is against it.

Infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2020-10-20 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    I quite like Donnie Yen
    Donnie Yen vs Jet Li at the end of "Once Upon a Time in China 2" is definitely my favourite, but also possibly one of the most awesome martial arts scenes in history :P

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah ok sure go for it ,all i am saying is that with this move the are neglecting the actual viewer base by focusing the 1% who will not fill the cinemas .I just cant belive we made it to a point where we need to push immoral narratives to get a cash grab and silence anyone who is against it.
    If it helps, cinema was 99% shite waaay before any of this "forced diversity paranoia" occured, so it isn't as though a lot was spoiled that was any good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Speaking of Arnold Schwarzenegger;

Yeah ok sure go for it
    This is the truth.

,all i am saying is that with this move the are neglecting the actual viewer base by focusing the 1% who will not fill the cinemas .I just cant belive we made it to a point where we need to push immoral narratives to get a cash grab and silence anyone who is against it.
    This is a conspiracy theory. Action movies make money hand over fist. You could call Black Panther an immoral narrative and a cash grab that's neglecting the actual viewer base but it raked in a billion dollars anyways. And who was impacted? No one. Its followup movies made even more money.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's an actor, first and foremost. His athleticism and knowledge of martial arts are secondary benefits.
    We're not disagreeing. I wasn't saying otherwise.

My point was just that Jackie Chan is special on a lot of levels and isn't just another actor who happens to be really good at action stuff.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Iko Uwais is incredible
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

This is the truth.

This is a conspiracy theory. Action movies make money hand over fist. You could call Black Panther an immoral narrative and a cash grab that's neglecting the actual viewer base but it raked in a billion dollars anyways. And who was impacted? No one. Its followup movies made even more money.
    What is immoral about the black panter movie? maybe i missed it,but i agree that its a cash grab

I don't care if they are native indian transgenders if they are as talented as Jackie Chan when it comes to acting, comedy, martial arts. It's only a problem if they get the role because of politics rather than because of their abilities/talents. There are lots of great young martial artists out there with acting talent, it just takes a good movie to push them into the spotlight.

I'm a big fan of Michael J White, he's been in a lot of martial arts B movies but some of them are hilarious, Black Dynamite is incredible. That dude is not only a legitimate martial artist but he can act too, at least with enough charisma and a feel for comedy that could make him a huge star with the right role. Albeit these days probably a superhero movie.

I'm not big on superhero movies personally, but they make billions so it is what it is.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I don't think you can really replace any of these people any more than you can replace Bruce Lee.

And to be honest I kind of see it like music, where instead of finding some 'Michael Jackson replacement' the most popular artists out there would be doing their own thing and not really be a replacement at all. And in terms of actors and martial arts, action movies are so full of CG and stunts that you could make any actor into an action movie star and all the legitimate martial arts stunts movies have become much more of a niche as a result.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-10-20 at 08:16 PM.

Do not continue to derail this thread with discussion of (irrational perceptions of) social agendas, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, and racism. The original post in this thread in that vein was a complete derailment from out of nowhere, and continued discussion about it is unacceptable.

Apparently Jackie Chan is not done yet

Scott Adkins is amazing to watch.

No offence but is it rly for an ban tho?,he or she speaks the truth here.Why silence someone if this is going on for quite some time now,they are destroying the movie industry by catering to this minority since they still wont come to the cinemas anyway.
    Welcome to MMO-Champion, where speaking the truth, stating facts and providing statistics that back up said items will result in an infraction.

If you have a problem with moderation, discuss it with a blue (global) mod. Discussion of moderation on the forums is strictly against the rules. And if you frequented this forum with any regularity, you'd know that in this subforum, talking about baseless, unfounded social agendas is considered off-topic.