Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling character can't use manual group finder for group quests

It's greyed out until level 50. Is this intentional?

Was cruising through hillsbrad foothills at around level 30, ams of course there's the infamous Yetimus quest.

Tried to set up an open group using the group finder, but it's all greyed out witb a tooltip saying it's not available until level 50.

Leveling is very fast now, to be sure. But seems like a purely solo experience outside of dungeons.

Yes, it is intentional. No, we don't know why.

I have to ask.. why do you need a group for it, tho? There is almost no quest that isn't soloable, even if it is classified as 3 man party. Even some 5 man party quests are soloable.
    And yes, it is intentional.

Easiest method for group quests is zone chat honestly. Not that eliminating the tool wasn’t heavy handed by Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    it was done to try and stop boosters advertising on it wiht low level toons

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Another poster already said it but blizzard specifically mentioned this to be an act against boosters. Pretty sure they are going to start banning main accounts for this now so people can’t evade this with a level one account

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Another poster already said it but blizzard specifically mentioned this to be an act against boosters. Pretty sure they are going to start banning main accounts for this now so people can’t evade this with a level one account
    tbh they should just come out and say that paid boosting is a banable offence

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    I have to ask.. why do you need a group for it, tho? There is almost no quest that isn't soloable, even if it is classified as 3 man party. Even some 5 man party quests are soloable.
    And yes, it is intentional.
    You generally dont. However, Yetimus is notoriously difficult to solo for some classes(I was on warrior, which is one of them).

I don't know, I can see the point Blizzard is making about boosting, but it does kind of feel like a scorched earth solution.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    tbh they should just come out and say that paid boosting is a banable offence
    It is in their tos. Has been for years.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You generally dont. However, Yetimus is notoriously difficult to solo for some classes(I was on warrior, which is one of them).

I don't know, I can see the point Blizzard is making about boosting, but it does kind of feel like a scorched earth solution.
    It's a arms race now... blizzard through gutting content and ignore multi boxes mass farming gold have turned a blind eye to the wows economy. You can't really farm gold anymore you have to boost it.

People who don't have the skill to boost harder content like mythic 15, raids, or visions instead sell leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    It's a arms race now... blizzard through gutting content and ignore multi boxes mass farming gold have turned a blind eye to the wows economy. You can't really farm gold anymore you have to boost it.

People who don't have the skill to boost harder content like mythic 15, raids, or visions instead sell leveling.
    absolutely false.

I had a close friend make over 5million through running old raids and playing the AH over the course of the entire BFA expansion.

Wow gold is like any other opportunity cost, if you put the time in to make it, it will come.

It is in their tos. Has been for years.
    then why haven't they banned the boosters for gold? its till paied bosting wither its in game or irl

then why haven't they banned the boosters for gold? its till paied bosting wither its in game or irl
    Well for gold it’s completely fair. Now advertising in lfg channels I’m not sure maybe they have. But when I hear boost 9/10 times it’s for money.

Well for gold it’s completely fair. Now advertising in lfg channels I’m not sure maybe they have. But when I hear boost 9/10 times it’s for money.
    im disappointed that trade channel has now became the boosting channel.

imo blizz should start chat banning any1 who advertises in any place bar trade
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2020-10-19 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post

I mean, even though the scaling and balance is still out of whack, leveling in 9.0 is only taking ~ 10-12 hours with no heirlooms. But I guess people will pay for anything these days.

im disappointed that trade channel has now became the boosting channel.

imo blizz should start chat banning any1 how advertises in any place bar trade
    I agree. They should make a channel for just boosting services for gold or whatever. You can’t trade gold across servers anyway so they need to just make a channel for these things, tell them to go there, and ban anyone not following the rules. If they continue to do it they should get an increasingly harsher and harsher ban until eventually they are either banned from those channels or their accounts all together

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

Yeah, for specs like arms I can actually understand it. Fury should probably have no problems, tho. I've never used the group-finder feature for stuff below max level since ever, always asked in Chat or Guild if someone could help - or skipped the quests that would need help/take to much time solo. Could understand that this may hinder some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    . Could understand that this may hinder some people.
    I honestly usually just skip it. But as long as Im in the zone questing anyway, before now I'd just leave the group open, and if anyone else jumped in it's a quick and easy kill.

But with the new changes tp scaling and balance....yetimus will kill you in 3 hits. It's not even funny.

And how would they do that? All they'd have to do is switch to using a different BNET
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    And how would they do that? All they'd have to do is switch to using a different BNET
    Well they already made it so you have to be end level to post in the lfg so that’s a start. You can’t just make a new bnet you have to make a new bnet, buy the expansion, and hit end level. That ban will have a lot more weight to it than it does now.