Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    How can the OP be THIS out of touch? I'm flabbergasted. "We are resilient and can take economic losses." Can we? Can the thousands of business owners that went bankrupt agree to that? What about the millions that lost their jobs? Not to mention the lingering effects from Daddy Powell printing/borrowing trillions of dollars to keep the economy somewhat "stable". State and local governments will need to drastically reduce budgets or take on loans to offset the reduced income they are receiving as well.

We will be paying for this in interest for years to come.
    at this point "years" can be 101% replace with the word "generations".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Sure it has been a problem and I take it very seriously. I wear a mask when I go to town and I have maybe been in a shopping building 3 times since March. But we also need to keep things in perspective. And the large majority of those dying from it, are those who already have some serous health issues. We should also take obesity, smoking and diabetes serous.
    "i take it so seriously that i am supporting the very people who are both not taking it seriously and support people who say you don't need to wear a mask".

you left that part out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    But we also need to keep things in perspective. And the large majority of those dying from it, are those who already have some serous health issues. We should also take obesity, smoking and diabetes serous.
    Ya guys, fuck them they don't matter...right guys....guys....hey....who's with me? /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    215000 old fat and weak people. People in good health have the sniffles or a sore throat for 2 days. COVID is so overblown its not funny. The part I do agree with is Trump will win again and we have 4 more years if awesome. 4 more years of lower taxes gun rights and funny youtube videos of left wing people raging and crying.
    psst...you know taxes are going back up under trumps tax plan right?? Some people start paying more in 2021.

also did you know while you got a tax cut you also got a huge tax increase by having to pay for Tariffs? Its estimated to be one of the largest tax increases ever.

If you think the last 4 years have been awesome then you really have a warped view of awesome.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    215000 old fat and weak people. People in good health have the sniffles or a sore throat for 2 days. COVID is so overblown its not funny. The part I do agree with is Trump will win again and we have 4 more years if awesome.
    Wow, what empathy. I guess old, fat, and weak people don't deserve to live eh?

And even healthy people get sick and have permanent damage from this. Sniffles and sore throat for 2 days? It can last for weeks.

4 more years of lower taxes gun rights
    The left isn't taking your guns and unless your making 400,000k or more a year, Biden isn't raising your taxes. And anyone with half a brain cell can see, after multiple Republican tax cuts, under multiple Republican presidents and congresses, that tax cuts do not improve the economy.

and funny youtube videos of left wing people raging and crying.
    What an immature way to think.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Older, yes (more "middle aged"), but obesity only factors into 7K cases - https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm

Some do. And many have more serious cases.

It's not. 220K Americans have died. Peoples parents. Their grandparents. Their great grandparents. Their brothers. Their sisters. Their wives. Their husbands. Their friends. You just don't care because apparently you appear to lack basic human empathy. It's not as cool and edgy as you think it is.

Stop spreading misinformation.
    Is not about being cool or edgy. Its over blown. Misinformation is the media blowing it out of proportion. Nobody I know has died. Nobody I know in wow has died nobody THEY know has died. Kids are virtually immune. Mist adults don't die or have lasting problems. Trump got it and got over it in 3 days. Nothing will convince you its overblown believe what you like. 90% of the people who have died where in poor condition to start with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    at this point "years" can be 101% replace with the word "generations".

- - - Updated - - -

"i take it so seriously that i am supporting the very people who are both not taking it seriously and support people who say you don't need to wear a mask".

you left that part out.

Ya guys, fuck them they don't matter...right guys....guys....hey....who's with me? /s

- - - Updated - - -

psst...you know taxes are going back up under trumps tax plan right?? Some people start paying more in 2021.

also did you know while you got a tax cut you also got a huge tax increase by having to pay for Tariffs? Its estimated to be one of the largest tax increases ever.

If you think the last 4 years have been awesome then you really have a warped view of awesome.
    I get my paycheck, you do not. I am getting more money under Trump. Spread your liberal misinformation with people who don't get paid.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-10-20 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Cyberpunk 2077

Last hope for AAA games. I'm quite sure it will be amazing but...

If it's not... classic 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eX3fiQLo84
    Is it bad, that I though the video would be this:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Cyberpunk 2077

Last hope for AAA games. I'm quite sure it will be amazing but...

If it's not... classic 2020
    Tone down your hopes... from experience... the game will never live up to them... you are going to ruin the experience...

But... yeah... that looks damn good...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Is not about being cool or edgy. Its over blown. Misinformation is the media blowing it out of proportion. Nobody I know has died. Nobody I know in wow has died nobody THEY know has died. Kids are virtually immune. Mist adults don't die or have lasting problems. Trump got it and got over it in 3 days. Nothing will convince you its overblown believe what you like. 90% of the people who have died where in poor condition to start with.
    Repeat after me:

Anecdotal "evidence" is not evidence

Also, just because it irritates me, whataboutism is not an argument. You did not employ whataboutism, I'm just throwing that in there.

nO oNe I kNoW dIeD, good for you, may you continue to evade misfortune. 1.1 million people weren't so lucky. No wonder you like Trump so much, you're as incapable of empathy as he is.

And yes, I know you can't respond because you're banned, but goddamn dude, wtf.
    Putin khuliyo

I get my paycheck, you do not. I am getting more money under Trump. Spread your liberal misinformation with people who don't get paid.
    [Infraction]
    Its not about whom you are or what party you belong too, trump supporter or not.

The plan is on the books. you can look it up anytime you want.

Same thing with Tariffs, you pay. Sorry you can look it up as well its on the books. I did not Tax you, Trump did.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    We have collectively proven that we are resilient and that we can in fact take economic losses and have life go on.

Once we beat COVID, I fully expect mounting pressure on the world's governments to regulate all kinds of pollution and even forcefully close down the biggest polluters if they don't comply with the regulations. If business can survive being shutdown for months, it can survive taking a 10% cut into its profits margins to comply with environmental regulations.

The whole global warming debacle can be solved in 2021.
    Several wrong points. First, we have not proven to be resilient. Most people refuse to do what needs to be done. This could have been far less damaging if it wasn't for the lack of resilience and the inability to adapt and change as circumstances demanded it. We have proven that if anything truly bad happens, we are Screwed, big time. We cannot handle easy mode pandemic. We are no where near capable of handling anything that is even a tiny bit worse.

Second, we won't beat covid. We haven't even made any progress in the US yet. There is no vaccine for any other strain of Sars. Sars1 was around for 17 years, nor for Mers that was around for 7. There has been dozens of attempts, but nothing. Thinking we will have a vaccine for Sars - Cov2 is just stupid.

Third, we cannot defeat global warming in 1 year. Its going to take Decades to try to slow or reverse the damage. Something that, again, the US cannot do. Right now, we have an idiot in charge who doesn't believe in it. Even if the next president does believe in it, we would need every one after them to believe as well. Not only that, this needs to be a world wide attempt. We have seen multiple countries flat out lying about their reductions when asked.

No, the human race is screwed in any real emergency and this has proven it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    No, the human race is screwed in any real emergency and this has proven it.
    For US specifically, what’s happening now, would be unimaginable before 9/11. Something happened where we went from ‘everyone is NYC’, to ‘these failing liberal states’ and ‘no bail out to coastal states’. It didn’t used to be like this...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    This has been a gradual change over the past few years including 2020, but one good thing is that power generation costs have evolved to the point of being much more Earth friendly. 5 years ago coal was the cheapest and alternatives like solar and wind were far more expensive.

Now, per kw/hr wind and solar are almost 1/2 of the cost of coal. Power companies like to say they are green, but reality is they are a business and they are going to use what is cheapest overall. So as wind and solar have become cheaper, they have transitioned quickly to those and away from coal. If you've travelled in the US at all you've seen the large wind and solar farms all over. Nuclear for w/e reason is the highest now per kw/hr, I'm guessing due to most US plants being older from the 1980s and earlier and costs around regulation and disposal.

So economics drove the right choice in this case more than humans making the right decision themselves to help the environment, but the result is a good thing. And in 2020 it's important not to overlook those.

This is the first year my Cannabis plants gave me a more proper yield, like 6-7 ounces off of 4 small plants.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Study: Majority of millennials dissatisfied with democracy

"This is the first generation in living memory to have a global majority who are dissatisfied with the way democracy works while in their twenties and thirties," Roberto Foa, lead author of the report from Cambridge's Department of Politics and International Studies, said in a statement announcing the report's release.

The report cited that one reason for this growing discontent could be that generations are coming of age "who lack either memory of authoritarian rule or the experience of the democracy struggle."

According to the statement, researchers argue that, in developed democracies, the biggest contributor to growing dissatisfaction is "economic exclusion" caused by high youth unemployment and wealth inequality.

Nations with a relatively equal wealth distribution, such as Iceland or Austria, see only minor generation gaps in attitudes to democracy, while those with persistent wealth inequality - such as the U.S. - have growing divides in perceptions of the effectiveness of democracy.

"Higher debt burdens, lower odds of owning a home, greater challenges in starting a family, and reliance upon inherited wealth rather than hard work and talent to succeed are all contributors to youth discontent," Foa explained in the statement.

----

Ignorance of history or people in the US especially, waking up and realizing the massive shit sandwich that they will have to chow down?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Ignorance of history or people in the US especially, waking up and realizing the massive shit sandwich that they will have to chow down?
    Seems to be the latter, because looking at these numbers - https://www.newsweek.com/millennials...age-34-1537638

The millennial generation, people born between 1981 and 1996, make up the largest share of the U.S. workforce, but control just 4.6 percent of the country's total wealth.

Boomers control the majority of U.S. wealth, $59.6 trillion, which is twice the $28.5 trillion held by Generation X and more than 10 times the $5.2 trillion held by millennials.

Millennials, who are the median age of 32 today, control just 4.6 percent of U.S. wealth, far behind the 21 percent Boomers had at about that same age a generation before. These working young adults will need to quadruple their bank accounts in the next two years in order to match the financial share controlled by their parents during the late 1980s, when the median Boomer was 34 years old.
    Because they see a shit sammich and are going to call it a shit sammich, not say that if they work hard they'll make it one day. Because they (we) already are, and it's not paying off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Study: Majority of millennials dissatisfied with democracy

"This is the first generation in living memory to have a global majority who are dissatisfied with the way democracy works while in their twenties and thirties," Roberto Foa, lead author of the report from Cambridge's Department of Politics and International Studies, said in a statement announcing the report's release.

The report cited that one reason for this growing discontent could be that generations are coming of age "who lack either memory of authoritarian rule or the experience of the democracy struggle."

According to the statement, researchers argue that, in developed democracies, the biggest contributor to growing dissatisfaction is "economic exclusion" caused by high youth unemployment and wealth inequality.

Nations with a relatively equal wealth distribution, such as Iceland or Austria, see only minor generation gaps in attitudes to democracy, while those with persistent wealth inequality - such as the U.S. - have growing divides in perceptions of the effectiveness of democracy.

"Higher debt burdens, lower odds of owning a home, greater challenges in starting a family, and reliance upon inherited wealth rather than hard work and talent to succeed are all contributors to youth discontent," Foa explained in the statement.

----

The main cause of that is pessimism. They don't have confidence that their ideas are the correct ideas and they know they won't be able to convince most voters in a democracy. So what do you do when you know your ideas can't win in a consent-based governance system? It's simple, strip people of their suffrage rights, get rid of consent and replace it with coercion. That's the only way that bad policy ideas can be implemented and remain in place.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-10-20 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    They don't have confidence that their ideas are the correct ideas and they know they won't be able to convince most voters in a democracy.
    Based on what?

So what do you do when you know your ideas can't win in a consent-based governance system? It's simple, strip people of their suffrage rights, get rid of consent and replace it with coercion.
    Except that's not correct. It's not just democracy, but the incarnations of democracy in the respective countries that have led to such unequal wealth distribution. Hence why counties with less wealth inequality like Iceland see much smaller generational gaps.

That's the only way that bad policy ideas can be implemented and remain in place.
    I mean...the Republican party disproves this in a big way and has garnered considerable power as a minority party that wouldn't win most proper democratic elections. So it's hardly as if there's not reason, at least in the US, to view our democracy as fundamentally flawed and in need of an overhaul.

215000 old fat and weak people. People in good health have the sniffles or a sore throat for 2 days. COVID is so overblown its not funny. The part I do agree with is Trump will win again and we have 4 more years if awesome. 4 more years of lower taxes gun rights and funny youtube videos of left wing people raging and crying.
    Trump Admin just released this:

Overall, an estimated 299,028 excess deaths occurred from late January through October 3, 2020, with 198,081 (66%) excess deaths attributed to COVID-19. The largest percentage increases were seen among adults aged 25–44 years and among Hispanic or Latino persons.

So wana explain that when you get here?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/20/92578...rong-direction

Rush Limbaugh Says His Lung Cancer Is Terminal, Going In 'Wrong Direction'
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    We have collectively proven that we are resilient and that we can in fact take economic losses and have life go on.

Once we beat COVID, I fully expect mounting pressure on the world's governments to regulate all kinds of pollution and even forcefully close down the biggest polluters if they don't comply with the regulations. If business can survive being shutdown for months, it can survive taking a 10% cut into its profits margins to comply with environmental regulations.

The whole global warming debacle can be solved in 2021.
    Tell that to the ton of businesses, of people's livelihoods, that had to close down...

7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it will come on Nov 3rd

Honestly 0 good things really, maybe the only good thing is you don't have to work for 5-6 month while collecting government checks, but in the end u have to pay them back so it still sucks...

7+ Year Old Account
    RTJ4 and the new Deftones album is all I got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.