Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It would be nice if Blizz would:

- create a solo (or small group) instance where you can see the story. Looking at the quest where you get the first dragonscale in Highmountain.

- identify some ways by which they can determine if someone is actually trying in an LFR, as opposed to say AFKing, and then if they do this twice in a certain period boot them from the instance and ban them for a short period of time, say a few hours.

I think LFR has been okay, yes you get the groups on 7stacks of determination, no one paying attention doing mechanics but I bet more often you get LFR runs where everything goes smoothly, no 5 stacks of determination etc... the thing is people don't post about that. People don't post when an LFR run goes perfectly fine, when you 1 or 2 shot a boss-no what gets posted is the "6 stacks of determination and people still aren't doing mechanics".

I avoid LFR like the plague due to lazy fuckers expecting others to carry them.

There's the typical AFKer from the get go, and the subtle ones that just auto attack and AFK during boss fights... Blizzard has done nothing to curb the rampant abuse of AFKers in it. They make a 15 minute raid become a 45 minute raid...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-10-21 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Yeh, I could have looked up a guide online. I do read the dungeon journal things though, to get a rough idea of what things to interupt/what stuff not to stand in.

But how is my own "ignorance" stopping the other 20~ DPS in the raid killing puffer fish on the eel boss? I've never been there. I've asked in raid chat what I should be doing. And not a single other person knows either! What can I do to improve this? Before every LFR, go watch a full video on YouTube, condense that down into a macro, spam that in chat and HOPE everyone reads it - That's assuming you can even find two tanks!

Again, I've just left a LFR group without even hitting a single mob. It was the first boss in Circle of Stars. 2 stacks of Determination. One tank offline. It dumps me into this group and since we can't find another tank, the first tank drops group. About half the raid leave. It ends up me and two other people sitting there, so I grabbed a drink and after about 10~ minutes of nothing happened, I left the group too.

HOW IS MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE GOING TO PREVENT THIS HAPPENING TO ME FIVE TIMES IN ONE NIGHT?

As my opener said, I do not remember LFR ever being this much of a failure. Hell, I'm trying to do a world quest to kill a big Elite Dino and I can't even find a group for that either! The new leveling experience is amazing, but my time spent at 50 while trying to actually play with other people has been an utter nightmare!
    I mean the video guides are usually like 3m per boss or less. Just watch those during trash packs for the next boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    It was poorly designed; can't expect players to either have top-nick GPUs or have to fuck around with their cameras in order to be successful.
    No, you were/are just bad. Never had issues with it and nobody in my guild either. Honestly never even heard your complaint from anybody up until, well, now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just don’t do Looking For Retards.
    WQ’s offer similar if not same ilvl rewards anyway and you don’t have to wipe on simple mechanics, don’t have to deal with “elitist” players who top dps meters in LFR while ignoring tactics just so they can rank in the 30th percentile and show all
    Those ilvl 100 “scrubs” how amazing they are at LFR raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    It was poorly designed; can't expect players to either have top-nick GPUs or have to fuck around with their cameras in order to be successful.
    I'm sorry but this is the most brain dead noob comment I've read on mmo in awhile. And this place is literally full of brain dead noobs. Adjusting your camera constantly is just like a paramount part of playing this game well. Please withhold ever sharing your opinion on raiding ever ever again if you seriously think asking players to make the click and drag to improve visibility is asking too much. Just please don't.

This is the worst time to do LFR and especially old raids like CoS and EP, before the prepatch nobody even queued for that and now its most likely only people who came back for prepatch/SL like the OP who never did the raids and have no clues wtf is going on.

The problem is people go into LFR expecting not to have to pay attention or know anything, and people don't feel they need to help or explain (or get frustrated having to do it multiple times as people leave after 1 wipe because they think LFR should be easy and a wipe means a fail group). It's a self-defeating problem. Make LFR where you need to coordinate, and you run into the fact that people in pugs don't WANT to communicate or coordinate beyond the bare minimum. Make it stupid easy and people approach it as something you can basically AFK in and beat, and then get hostile when it's not the case. And that's not counting the people who go in there expecting to be carried because it's supposed to be stupid easy, the wannabes who go in there to show how leet they are and call out everyone else, or the trolls who go just to grief groups.

Quote Originally Posted by holywhiskers View Post
    I'm sorry but this is the most brain dead noob comment I've read on mmo in awhile. And this place is literally full of brain dead noobs. Adjusting your camera constantly is just like a paramount part of playing this game well. Please withhold ever sharing your opinion on raiding ever ever again if you seriously think asking players to make the click and drag to improve visibility is asking too much. Just please don't.
    totally agree, also WTF ppl are ever letting left/right mouse button go off? if i think about it iam moving the camera constantly, either pivoting character with right or just adjusting cam with left to see shit better without even thinking about it. i guess after playing for almost 15 years it becomes second nature.

After 1 years lfr ppl still get smashed from tentacles at fury of nzoth like they can't see the huge tentacle shaped shadow under their feet and the warning from dbm, this is just beyond my comprehension
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing raids and dungeons without any challenge is so boring. Can be fun 1 or 2 times.

If people don't even want to watch a freaking 3 min guide the don't deserve to finish a raid.

I do LFR with a few Alts sometimes. If i encouter a group that obviously does not know what to do i
    a) leave because i don't want to spend more time in LFR than in actual raids
    or
    b) if i think they have potential i explain the boss in a few sentences. Most of the time that is enough UNLESS the tanks have no idea what tanks are supposed to do, mostly DPS players who think "tanking is easy and i don't want to be in queue long"

And i am extremly strongly against stuff like soloraids or solodungeons. That would basically kill the MMO part of the game and give people more excuses to feel entiled to get everything without lifting a finger. Make it a SP offline game at that point. And i can go to another game without FOMO.

Ya, since day one on Cata.
    I remember putting heal on the ground and looking away.
    The ideia of making people be able to see raids and participate is nice, but the player base are ass*oles (me included [sometimes])

Since my raid group is Alliance, all my Horde characters did LFR for their applicable quests. I didn't find it too bad. If they weren't doing something, I'd let them know. I think N'zoth was three stacks of determination because people had to learn how to kill the tendrils to stack the Pcyhus buffs, but beyond that, most kills were one shot. Being vocally positive is incredibly helpful for overall morale. It's loads better than FFXIV, where people can vote to end the instance for everyone to avoid taking a personal penalty for leaving.

LFR should have way more visuals for people to look out for. I know it's not supposed to be a "get ready to raid" mode, but it should teach people how to do very basic mechanics. Either give visual or audio queues without the need of an addon, or introduce smaller LFR groups, OR offer NPC fill-ins for people to just experience the content like Exiles Reach.

I was thinking, what if Blizzard introduced shapes and stuff on the ground to help visualize where an ability from a boss is going to land like what Wildstar did. I always thought that was very innovative despite the game itself being lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyCowBro View Post
    LFR should have way more visuals for people to look out for. I know it's not supposed to be a "get ready to raid" mode, but it should teach people how to do very basic mechanics. Either give visual or audio queues without the need of an addon, or introduce smaller LFR groups, OR offer NPC fill-ins for people to just experience the content like Exiles Reach.

I was thinking, what if Blizzard introduced shapes and stuff on the ground to help visualize where an ability from a boss is going to land like what Wildstar did. I always thought that was very innovative despite the game itself being lackluster.
    They do that thoigh. Swirlies didn't exist in Classic. There's practically 0 ground indicators in Classic for things like Blizzard. Retail is literally full of them. Everywhere. Every dungeon, every raid fight, has a ground indicator for some ability.

Archimonde LFR blocks your path...

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes. .