Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    In other words, Blizzard simply cannot win with you. They release a product on the specific date they announced but the game isn't properly polished? THEY FUCKED UP!! Blizzard instead chooses to delay the product to better polish it? THEY FUCKED UP!!

Wake up. A delay is not the end of the world. A delay is actually a good thing because it gives them more time to work out the kinks in the game.
    Where have you seen me imply that a delay is end of the world?

YES?!?! If you confirm something which you then DO NOT DO you fucked up! And guess what! If you confirm something and end up releasing it unbalanced content - you fucked up again!

Blizzard don't have to win with me, they just have to do what they said they will do. Postponing the expansion because they need to polish it is fine and all, but it doesn't mean they didn't fuck up!

Times changes.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2020-10-19 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm sorry, but I take his statements regarding the situation with a HUGE grain of salt because of the fact he's making a gaming company that is going to be Blizzard's direct competitor, so he has reasons to throw shade at his former company, two of them being to make himself look more righteous, and his company better than Blizzard in the public's eye for "treating their employees better".
    A few of Blizzard's biggest names have already mentioned that stuff inside is not allright and that the corporation is pressuring them way too much. But sure, keep those pinkshade glasses, and live under the impression that Blizzard are not a total fuck up right now. Everybody has a right to have a personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    They confirmed the launch after/during the pandemic. This means they must have taken into consideration the fact that most people work from home, and ONLY THEN give out the date.
    They assumed they could do it on that date, but decided it wouldn't be at a standard they want it to be at. There might even be internal issues we are not made aware of. Maybe 5 people in the Dev department caught the virus and had to lie flat for weeks or they had sick or even dying family members to attend to (hopefully neither). Whatever the case, your rant is inappropriate for the situation we are in at the moment.

Also programmers and designers are the least affected by the pandemic honestly to say. The whole gaming insdustry is generally thriving ever since the pandemic.
    No of course, there is basically no difference working in an office on high-tech PCs with input sharing from face to face and spitballing ideas in the cafeteria to sitting alone at home, maybe with a chat window open, trying to somehow please a toxic community such as this one. No difference at all.

Yes, the gaming industry has gotten some extra dollars because of people not able to leave their homes, but that goes for finished games. For production they face the same issues most other office workers face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/q1lrqUS

https://imgur.com/a/BFoQkPl

Not sure how to be excited about that boring titan dude beeing the all-end evil and final boss of shadowlands...

I mean its beta, but i fought my way to him and did stood in his place and he is like a statue completely lifeless like the arbiter.
    We haven't even heard him say a single word... geezus... how about for once, only once we are not passing judgement over the entire expansion before it has started? Just once would be cool, thanks.

Where have you seen me imply that a delay is end of the world?
    You are taking my words literally when it was clear I made an analogy. That alone tells me a lot about you.

Blizzard don't have to win with me, they just have to do what they said they will do. Postponing the expansion because they need to polish it is fine and all, but it doesn't mean they didn't fuck up!
    "Blizzard doesn't have to win with me". Does that mean you don't care if they hear and acquiesce to your demands?

Sounds like a 14 yo just venting and not using this for any discussion.
    When I read "I'm usually not the one to be negative about Blizzard, but" I know what I will read. Nothing constructive and only "dis shit, dat shit" with no arguments.
    Blizzard owned up and delayed the patch. Fuck up was to announce the launch when their plan at best was like a student writing a paper over the night. Delaying a product was a honest thing to do.
    Legion and BfA launches were very smooth so I don't really know what you are talking about when you say "LITERALLY NEVER " launching smoothly. You use world literally too much so it looses all impact besides you using it in wrong way in the first place.
    I get it, you are frustrated but when your points and replies are so childish no one will take you seriously.

A few of Blizzard's biggest names have already mentioned that stuff inside is not allright and that the corporation is pressuring them way too much. But sure, keep those pinkshade glasses, and live under the impression that Blizzard are not a total fuck up right now. Everybody has a right to have a personal opinion.
    Think about it for just a second. As others pointed out, you're putting on a pedestal the guy who was responsible for selling the company. The one responsible for allowing the merge to happen. The one who has been on the lead chair throughout the majority of the time the company "declined".

And he did nothing to make the situation within Blizzard to improve. And now he's throwing shade at the company he used to co-lead, i.e. was responsible for what happened inside the company.

I just like how these people have actual firsthand accounts/facts presented to them about that matter from current and former employees yet choose to say it's not real..... like what?!

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    They assumed they could do it on that date, but decided it wouldn't be at a standard they want it to be at. There might even be internal issues we are not made aware of. Maybe 5 people in the Dev department caught the virus and had to lie flat for weeks or they had sick or even dying family members to attend to (hopefully neither). Whatever the case, your rant is inappropriate for the situation we are in at the moment.

No of course, there is basically no difference working in an office on high-tech PCs with input sharing from face to face and spitballing ideas in the cafeteria to sitting alone at home, maybe with a chat window open, trying to somehow please a toxic community such as this one. No difference at all.

Yes, the gaming industry has gotten some extra dollars because of people not able to leave their homes, but that goes for finished games. For production they face the same issues most other office workers face.

- - - Updated - - -

We haven't even heard him say a single word... geezus... how about for once, only once we are not passing judgement over the entire expansion before it has started? Just once would be cool, thanks.
    sry that was for the lore section, but to comment this, he indeed said some words in the beta, we do not see cinematics.

The dude does not feel like a super villain in the beta, and it will need a lot of "magic" to change this once SL is live, i bet.

For me the Jailer looks and feels like a placeholder, but thats a discussion for the lore section.

But, i wasn't happy with argus either as the final boss of legion, so i am biased i guess.

Blizzard isnt the problem, you are if you are this hatefull towards all their products why do you keep supporting them, all bark no bite.

I'm usually not the one to be negative about Blizzard, but I have to admit, they legitimely deserve everything bit of hate.

First they fucked up the SL launch. Then they gave us a prepatch of the prepatch - there's litterally nothing else to do other than level alts. After that we couldn't play for a few days due to login issues and moronic ques of 1000 people which just disconnect you in the end and restart the queue process. And last night we couldn't even quest normally (apparently Draenor became too popular and servers can't keep up).

WTF are you doing Blizz? What do you lack? Experience? Money? Why can't you do 1 thing right? Why can't you just hire some extra staff and servers temporarily and stop that fuck-fest for once?!

And should I even mention classes? Shoving them from the sky into the deep undergrounds. Ruining brilliant abilities and their mechanics. Giving classes downtime instead of making their gameplay fluid. What kind of people do they have on the designer team really? A bunch of 12yo?

Wait, maybe the story? Ummmm...not! Nothing new ladies and gentlemen! That's right, still the same'ol'Sylvie. Still a bunch of stuff happen that only start to make sense 6 years later.

Shall we go further back? How about Diablo for mobile huh? Or OW2 which is literally a DLC to the first game? Or the completely pointless remasters which almost nobody bothers with?

I was thinking to only throw a few words into my post, but look at the size of these few words. Jesus Blizzard just stop fucking up already. We waited you to milk enough money already, is it not about time to sit down on your behinds and give us something meaningful in return now ?!
    This is hilarious lol.

If you've played through any expansion release and logged in during the prepatch you'd realize there's always errors on DAy One.

if you paid attention to the news you'd understand that the prepatch is being released in waves and they explicitly said that "They'd be releasing the core systems of the prepatch while we waited for the new release date"

No real examples for the classes, just bitching

Cringeworthy Sylvanas hate

More blizzard complaints regarding popular games that actually make them money (While you probably aren't even subbed)

This is just another Blizzard-is-bad-because-i-said-so thread. If you're still subbed and having so much unenjoyment then maybe it's time to hang it up. If youre unsubbed it's probably super unhealthy to hold onto all that anger. Coming to MMO-C is like sitting outside of your Exes house. Either way, you need to make a personal change because this wall of tears is just silly

You dudes just need to relax.

Game is delayed? Boo-hoo, go play something else for a while, or entertain yourselves with something else? Maybe concern yourselves a bit with current world events and what's been happening. A videogame not being released on plan or having issues is so minor that this sort of whining and outrage just comes across as being absolutely absurd and nonsensical.

also, if you don't enjoy it, stop playing and paying? done!

I'm usually not the one to be negative about Blizzard, but I have to admit, they legitimely deserve everything bit of hate.

First they fucked up the SL launch. Then they gave us a prepatch of the prepatch - there's litterally nothing else to do other than level alts. After that we couldn't play for a few days due to login issues and moronic ques of 1000 people which just disconnect you in the end and restart the queue process. And last night we couldn't even quest normally (apparently Draenor became too popular and servers can't keep up).

WTF are you doing Blizz? What do you lack? Experience? Money? Why can't you do 1 thing right? Why can't you just hire some extra staff and servers temporarily and stop that fuck-fest for once?!

And should I even mention classes? Shoving them from the sky into the deep undergrounds. Ruining brilliant abilities and their mechanics. Giving classes downtime instead of making their gameplay fluid. What kind of people do they have on the designer team really? A bunch of 12yo?

Wait, maybe the story? Ummmm...not! Nothing new ladies and gentlemen! That's right, still the same'ol'Sylvie. Still a bunch of stuff happen that only start to make sense 6 years later.

Shall we go further back? How about Diablo for mobile huh? Or OW2 which is literally a DLC to the first game? Or the completely pointless remasters which almost nobody bothers with?

I was thinking to only throw a few words into my post, but look at the size of these few words. Jesus Blizzard just stop fucking up already. We waited you to milk enough money already, is it not about time to sit down on your behinds and give us something meaningful in return now ?!
    ......man qq lol jesus its a pre-patch and with all the changes, issues were to be expected. sounds like you havent been playing WoW long AT ALL!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you've read it, you would see that not everyone here shares specifically your opinion. Now can you please back off?
    Oh yes, there's you who disagrees with the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You dudes just need to relax.

Game is delayed? Boo-hoo, go play something else for a while, or entertain yourselves with something else? Maybe concern yourselves a bit with current world events and what's been happening. A videogame not being released on plan or having issues is so minor that this sort of whining and outrage just comes across as being absolutely absurd and nonsensical.

also, if you don't enjoy it, stop playing and paying? done!
    facts! i think these newer players just dont know about all issues we usually face on patch days lol pre-patch scourge event will hit after

>Giving classes downtime instead of making their gameplay fluid.
    I have to agree so hard on this one. I just want to be gcd capped again. Most classes feeling clunky outside of bloodlust until deep into the expansion is so fucking bad and clunky. I hate it.

Some remasters are great. Even bad "remasters" that are basically ports are perfectly fine at a reduced price.

What happened with Warcraft III is an entirely new type of remaster screw up, and all remasters should not be demonized because Blizzard messed up. I want to clearly defend remasters without defending Blizzard because I cannot defend the Warcraft III reforged.

Also, I don't think anyone would mind a high quality remaster of a classic, even if no one asked for it. Bad remasters which cause the game to be worse than the original game are rare exceptions. Some of my favorite games are remasters, like the Dragon's Dogma remaster which allowed me to experience an excellent game I'd not played before. I'd love to see a Bloodborne remaster on PS5. All I'm saying is that remasters themselves are not bad, nor do they denote a lack of new ideas. They can be homages.

A perfect example, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 just came out, EXCELLENT remaster/remake/reimagining that takes some liberties with the original game. Clearly love, time, and money were involved, and it turned into an excellent product. The Tony Hawk combo game is absolutely a good justification for reimagining classics, imo. Xenoblade Chronicles definitive edition is another high end product and so is The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening to name a couple of good ones. I hear the SotC remake is great on PS4 too. I'll definitely try out the Mass Effect trilogy again if they remaster it. Of course RE2 was a full on remake from ground up, but it was still excellent IMO. I would LOVE to see a Metroid Prime trilogy remaster on the Switch.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-10-19 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Some remasters are great. Even bad "remasters" that are basically ports are perfectly fine at a reduced price.

What happened with Warcraft III is an entirely new type of remaster screw up, and all remasters should not be demonized because Blizzard messed up. I want to clearly defend remasters without defending Blizzard because I cannot defend the Warcraft III reforged.

Also, I don't think anyone would mind a high quality remaster of a classic, even if no one asked for it. Bad remasters which cause the game to be worse than the original game are rare exceptions. Some of my favorite games are remasters, like the Dragon's Dogma remaster which allowed me to experience an excellent game I'd not played before. I'd love to see a Bloodborne remaster on PS5.
    WC3 Reforged is literally an exception. They flat out lied about features, stole custom games from creators because they're still salty about DOTA, forced older WC3 owners to use the crappy new client, numerous bugs that still aren't fixed, disconnections during official tournaments and the list goes on.

Of course it hasn't ruined remasters for me. But Blizzard have ruined a great classic title.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sylvanus is literally in Shadowlands for 10 seconds and hasn't shown up since.
    That's still too much
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Boy View Post
    and somehow I am the troll. Great "this is fine" post I laughed thank you.
    I mean given the wild exaggeration and wacky sentiments, yeah, you said it. I mean, dude, you said they didn't even have enough developers anymore to call themselves a dev studio, when they have somewhere in the high hundreds to possibly a thousand or more devs. Which several normal studios worth of devs. That kind of exaggeration and shenanigans can't be taken seriously.

Whether it's fine or not the idea that Blizzard are doomed seems to be based solely on you pre-deciding that you're going to hate SL.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."