Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    thrust me, choose the abyssal leveling experience aka outlands, and it will be more than 10h. i was missing blade edge,netherstorm and shadowmoon for loremaster, and just the first 2 zone took more than 10h, now im at shadowmoon and im getting fed up....do quest with horrible drop rate at the far end of the world to come back to get more quest at the same far end of the world....outlands is still all this all day everyday. Once im done with this, never il send another char there, the leveling experience in any other place is much more apreciate than this...the only regret i have is being masochist of getting that achievement XD, other than that il go at the best place and level for heritage armor quick

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I'm confused, so you're saying it takes you 10h to go from 1 to 50 but then you say you havent leveled since blizzard started selling boosts. Then where are you getting the 10h? Bc I've been leveling a new alt since wednesday, a dark iron dwarf, so it starts from lvl 10. I'm currently at 12h and I'm only 32 after having completed only 1 entire zone (Howling Fjord) and I'm on the early quests in Dragonblight
    Northrend leveling is considerably slower than WoD or Legion leveling due to the distance between quests, lack of bonus XP objectives, etc.

  3. #103
    No. As far as I'm concerned I leveled my alts at the perfect time. It doesn't matter when I did it.

    In BfA I levelled 4 initially. Didn't like the process so I stopped. Then the AV buff came and I did another 5. And now we have this system. I have done 2 and will do another 2. My alts are my alts. I level them if I feel like it. Do a few low mythic pluses with them, maybe a normal raid and then I leave them for next xpac. I like to have all max level classes in case I decide to change a main for a patch. BfA was a shit show so I abandoned that pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarius View Post
    thrust me
    Talk about a misspelling that completely changes the context.

    Quote Originally Posted by lazarius View Post
    choose the abyssal leveling experience aka outlands, and it will be more than 10h. i was missing blade edge,netherstorm and shadowmoon for loremaster
    Yeah, there was a post on wowhead (I think it was?) breaking down the amount of hours per expansion. TBC will take you the longest no matter what because it is the least optimized for leveling. Back then quests were more spread out a lot of back and forth so that will translate into longer time. Newer expansions take less time as leveling has been more optimized over the years.

  5. #105
    I am done with my 3rd char.

    Level from 0 to 50 in 9H 44M /played time.
    Doing Exile's Reach to 10, then BfA to 30 then WoD intro, Garrison, Khadgar quests in Shadowmoon and then entire Gorgrond until 45, then BfA warpost unlocks and a few quests til 50. - This toon was a survival hunter.

    This route ain't even that good. Doing my 4th char now STARTING with Draenor. I am currenlty halfway done Gorgrond being level 30 in exactly 3 hours. - This toon is a shadow priest.

    Leveling is faster than ever.
    I have no idea how you are doing 12-20 hours and still at 20-40 or something.

  6. #106
    If I have seen all the quests, stories in a zone once already , I do not want to do them again and again.
    So, yeah I do not regret one bit. I have done the same quests for a thousand times now. I just want to get into m+ and raiding scene as soon as possible.

  7. #107
    Herald of the Titans Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    2,856
    Despite playing since early 2005, I'd been taking a break from WoW for a couple years. Just prior to Shadowlands launch (not really connected per se) I decided I'd level up a warlock on Classic and join some friends. 20 Hours in and barely hitting level 20... Ugh. 10 hours from 1 to 50? Bring it on.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  8. #108
    IF ONLY, IF OOOONLY I knew this would have happened I would have not leveled up any characters at all, in fact, I WILL NOT level another character and wait for them to completely remove the leveling system in another 15 years AND just in case I dont get regrets later, I will lock my XP on level 1 so I dont level up.
    Last edited by LuminaL; 2020-10-19 at 11:48 PM.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Back in the old days, 10 hours does not even get you to level 20.
    It takes hours to gain a level.
    You don't get the mount until level 40.

    Then you have to do BC, WotLK, etc.
    Each expansion takes 10 hours.

    Do you regret to level all your alts?

    I haven't leveled any alts since Blizzard starts to sell boosted characters.
    What exactly should we be regretting here? The time spent before the squish leveling alts? How/why? If they enjoyed doing it, does it matter? Did anyone even know a level squish was really going to happen before they announced it? Regrets give you wrinkles and adult acne, avoid it.
    I'm a thread killer.

  10. #110
    its one of the best changes

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Room model?
    Toon

    Stupid ducking autocorrect.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I am done with my 3rd char.

    Level from 0 to 50 in 9H 44M /played time.
    Doing Exile's Reach to 10, then BfA to 30 then WoD intro, Garrison, Khadgar quests in Shadowmoon and then entire Gorgrond until 45, then BfA warpost unlocks and a few quests til 50. - This toon was a survival hunter.

    This route ain't even that good. Doing my 4th char now STARTING with Draenor. I am currenlty halfway done Gorgrond being level 30 in exactly 3 hours. - This toon is a shadow priest.

    Leveling is faster than ever.
    I have no idea how you are doing 12-20 hours and still at 20-40 or something.
    I was curious to see if Gorgrond would retain its mad exp/h. Before 9.0 quests there were nonsensically worth double the quests anywhere else. And that zone has the most bonus objectives and random drop quests too.


    Question for you, though. Did you stop and pick up treasures? Or are you just blitzing quests?

    As for people taking more than 10 hours: I think it jas a LOT to do with what zone or expansion you pick. It seems like exp gains are not equally linear, with some zones and expansions being far better than others.

    It's almost like Blizzard nerfed popular paths on purpose
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-10-20 at 04:44 AM.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I was curious to see if Gorgrond would retain its mad exp/h. Before 9.0 quests there were nonsensically worth double the quests anywhere else. And that zone has the most bonus objectives and random drop quests too.


    Question for you, though. Did you stop and pick up treasures? Or are you just blitzing quests?

    As for people taking more than 10 hours: I think it jas a LOT to do with what zone or expansion you pick. It seems like exp gains are not equally linear, with some zones and expansions being far better than others.

    It's almost like Blizzard nerfed popular paths on purpose
    I did not pick up a single treasure.

    Only did quests and bonus objectives. Be noted that it was "easier" as there are tons of people now so most kill quests are just me tagging mobs with one spell and running around while others kill it.

    Yes it has to do with what expansion you pick. But Blizzard nerfed nothing.
    Well that's not true, you see they nerfed WoD leveling which was always the fastest anyway.
    WotLK, TBC and Pandaria were always slow as shit, no surprises there.

  14. #114
    1. no, I do not regret leveling my characters before, as I - like many others was playing them this entire time.
    2. I'm leveling a character right now and while it feels faster, it doesn't feel anywhere NEAR lightning fast some people, including you OP keep claiming. bear in mind Im leveling her the same way I would have leveled her prior to squish, mainly becasue that is how I enjoy playing. but it does allow for honest comparison as well.


    and I mean... there are people who always level at lightning speed no matter the expansion. they are not representative of players at large.

    P.S. comparatively speaking I get mounts later then I used to pre squish. how do I know? becasue I had a bunch of alts in various stages of progress. the ones that hit lvl 60 prior to squish and bought their first flying mounts? got to fly at lvl 25. the ones that did not? had to hit 30 before getting flight. of course the flip side is that my characters that had their 280 speed... are stuck with it, unless i pay double. I don't regret buying that flight speed, a lot of my characters are all the way back from BC, so that's years of flight, but I'm STILL salty that they didn't just upgrade it and instead older characters have to pay twice. (no I never got around to what a long strange trip - several achievements require not just pvp, but specific goals in pvp, and I freaking hate pvp in wow. it has to be something like legendary cloak or temporary aniversary deal from last year - to get me step a foot into pvp enviroment)
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-10-20 at 07:57 AM.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    No regrets. At the time it was the best possible solution to my need to get a new alt. People need to stop living in the past or possible future. What matters is the here and now. If you want an alt then do it and stop worrying about "ifs" and "whens". Applies to a lot of things in life, not everything though.
    Truth be spoken!
    Seriously though, only because "back in the day" when "everything was better" everything was hard earned, one has to accept that "times change".
    Most people roll their eyes when their grandparents talk about "back then" but the do the same about wow, it's comical really.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    As for people taking more than 10 hours: I think it jas a LOT to do with what zone or expansion you pick. It seems like exp gains are not equally linear, with some zones and expansions being far better than others.
    This is definitely the case. Below are the approximate times for each expansion. You'll notice as you get to newer expansions that it takes less time. Experience is the same between all the expansions. The key difference between this and the speed is due to quest placement. Earlier expansions had quests everywhere and sent you everywhere. As time went on quests became more compact and didn't send you out as far so it ends up being speedier. WoD / Legion has the advantage of Bonus Objectives and treasures, but with WoD netting more.

    Chromie Time Expansion Approximate Leveling Time
    Warlords of Draenor 12 hours
    Legion 14 hours
    Battle for Azeroth 16 hours
    Mists of Pandaria 16 hours
    Catacylsm (Includes classic) 20 hours
    Wrath of the Lich King 24 hours
    The Burning Crusade 24 hours


    * Note that the table is approximate and generic for those who aren't as experienced with leveling or know the expansion / best routes.

    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's almost like Blizzard nerfed popular paths on purpose
    Yeah, they nerfed WoD treasures/bonus objectives by about half late in the beta cycle. They also nerfed Gorgrond quests to an extent as well to bring it up to par otherwise WoD would be in the ~6 hr bracket.

  17. #117
    If I had a regret, it's that I didn't test the new 1-50 leveling on the beta... otherwise I would've put in a LOT of feedback concerning the Chromie Time when it comes to dungeons. Specifically, being locked into an expansion's dungeons for 15 minutes is annoying. It's easy to tell that it's throttling the dungeon queues, as even as a DPS I get instant queues once the 15 minutes passes and I click to expand my dungeon selection. Why there couldn't be an option to select an expansion or just enter a pool of all dungeons (especially if it's not your first character) is beyond me.

    While the leveling time is technically faster, it kind of feels slower in the moment as you aren't potentially gaining levels as fast since 70 levels have been cut out from the experience. This is especially true if you like to pepper in dungeons, as the aforementioned issue more often than not can land you into a dungeon with no quests. Also, there's some quirky dungeon scaling that's brutal right now. Add on top there's no end-of-dungeon loot bags anymore (which isn't a deal breaker, just something that's been around for a while that helped fill in some of the gaps).

    In terms of acquiring gear as you level, the irony is that it's pretty similar to the experience prior to the pre-patch: you can get through 20-30 levels w/o an upgrade. Flying being at level 30 makes for an odd experience if you're used to leveling in zones with it already. Gold acquisition while leveling is stunted compared to before, despite the upgrade in quest rewards in terms of gold.

    If anything, the new experience is different. While it has some improvements, there's still quite a bit that's not quite right or could be better. There probably wasn't enough testers that leveled 1 - 50 on the beta, and I certainly wasn't one since I was so busy giving Shadowlands feedback and bug reports to even bother trying. I'm certain there will be quite a bit more feedback concerning the leveling process now.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    This is definitely the case. Below are the approximate times for each expansion. You'll notice as you get to newer expansions that it takes less time. Experience is the same between all the expansions. The key difference between this and the speed is due to quest placement. Earlier expansions had quests everywhere and sent you everywhere. As time went on quests became more compact and didn't send you out as far so it ends up being speedier. WoD / Legion has the advantage of Bonus Objectives and treasures, but with WoD netting more.

    Chromie Time Expansion Approximate Leveling Time
    Warlords of Draenor 12 hours
    Legion 14 hours
    Battle for Azeroth 16 hours
    Mists of Pandaria 16 hours
    Catacylsm (Includes classic) 20 hours
    Wrath of the Lich King 24 hours
    The Burning Crusade 24 hours


    * Note that the table is approximate and generic for those who aren't as experienced with leveling or know the expansion / best routes.



    Yeah, they nerfed WoD treasures/bonus objectives by about half late in the beta cycle. They also nerfed Gorgrond quests to an extent as well to bring it up to par otherwise WoD would be in the ~6 hr bracket.
    I definitely noticed that after level 30 doing my normal path before 9.0(silverpine -> hillsbrad -> ruteran village hinterlands -> WPL) exp per hour spiked downwards considerably, as kill time increased.

    I don't know if that's something specific to those zones, or the overall scaling of mobs in "vanilla" cata zones.

    My next test will be taking a different route to see what happens.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I definitely noticed that after level 30 doing my normal path before 9.0(silverpine -> hillsbrad -> ruteran village hinterlands -> WPL) exp per hour spiked downwards considerably, as kill time increased.

    I don't know if that's something specific to those zones, or the overall scaling of mobs in "vanilla" cata zones.

    My next test will be taking a different route to see what happens.
    That's just how the leveling is currently designed. At 30 it takes drastically more XP than it did below that. I think numbers are placing it around 2x at that point. I know from 10-30 you can run dungeons, islands, etc and get about a level per run. Once you hit 30 it takes two or more to start hitting the next level. Like currently I'm 41 and I have to run about 4-5 dungeons before I can ding, granted part of it is due to lack of dungeon quests.

  20. #120
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I'm confused, so you're saying it takes you 10h to go from 1 to 50 but then you say you havent leveled since blizzard started selling boosts. Then where are you getting the 10h? Bc I've been leveling a new alt since wednesday, a dark iron dwarf, so it starts from lvl 10. I'm currently at 12h and I'm only 32 after having completed only 1 entire zone (Howling Fjord) and I'm on the early quests in Dragonblight
    you picked the wrong expansion to level in also you're leveling inefficiently if you are only 32 after 12 hours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •