Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    But in one case you said your inherent view of how harmful it is trumps intent, and in the other you kind of used intent to handwave it.
    Hmm. I see what you're saying. Not sure what I can say to clear it up other than I feel that the word should just be removed from pop culture as a whole. I see why the black community, a community that I am a part of uses it, but I still think it's wrong because of it's harmful nature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Yikes.
    My go-to is 'Horde asshole', not racial slurs. But I'm in my 40's, so mimicking early 2000's gangsta rap isn't my go-to cultural touchstone.
    Mine is just word vomit. Pretty sure "penguin nipples" was yelled last game of Phasmophobia.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Yikes.
    My go-to is 'Horde asshole', not racial slurs. But I'm in my 40's, so mimicking early 2000's gangsta rap isn't my go-to cultural touchstone.
    My go to is wow that person really conforms to the expectations i have of humans.

Well nowadays people try to ban words, which is naive and incredibly stupid. Words are just words and idiots are just idiots, if you take away a word that won't magically turn them into nice human beings. Doesn't help if the word nigga is thrown around like crazy, no wonder people say it...some people are allowed to use it, some aren't...this just does not work. Doesn't even matter in what context you use it...like I will probably get a temp or perma ban just because I wrote down the word.
    Banning words because those words offend people is stupid. And I don't see any reason why it would be a good idea. Don't say them. Identify idiots because they use them. Also check context.
    Banning words and restricting speech is useless and does not work. Also please try to understand that some people have a different kind of humor and locker room talk and say horrendous shit to each other which they actually do not mean (not explicitly talking about this case). That's just how humor and jokes work, breaking rules/boundaries and being offensive...but people don't get it. Patrice O'Neill would have said "you don't know funny."

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Another white boy downplaying how serious issue racism is, more news at 11.
    ^ thats racism too

Don't know who these guys are and I never will. but I am glad to see Blizzard still takes action against trash like this.

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    Hmm. I see what you're saying. Not sure what I can say to clear it up other than I feel that the word should just be removed from pop culture as a whole. I see why the black community, a community that I am a part of uses it, but I still think it's wrong because of it's harmful nature.
    Well, so long as you're consistent, I can respect that. Personally, I probably lean towards the exact opposite route as you do, so we're unlikely to agree in that sense, but that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    ^ thats racism too
    To be fair people act like you can't be racist in that way. Which is ridiculous, too. Hatred is hatred. Racism shouldn't be downplayed though, but running off of assumptions and trolling in that way is still shitty.

But I mean what are you going to do, and what do you really expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Pvp is toxic, more news at 11. Doesn't make them racist snowflake you've probably dropped n word and fag as much as the rest of us. Welcome to the internet . If my private conversations amongst friends were recorded we would probably be in prison because of retards who take shit seriously.
    This and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Patrice O'Neill would have said "you don't know funny."
    Funnily enough, Patrice O'Neal was not the barometer for black culture.
    Last edited by G3 Ghost; 2020-10-20 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Forgot he was dead

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Given its place in pop culture is generally the excuse of racist shitheads. It's prevalence in pop culture is also exactly why you and other tools should know that dropping it in certain contexts is a huge no no.

When the word is as pervasive as it is you're an absolute dumb fucking moron to drop it. Especially in a place where you know that shit isn't looked kindly upon.

I've been permabanned for being toxic. I understood why I received that punishment. People like you who excuse and justify it are almost worse than the offending asshole.
    Yeah, and you obviously learned nothing from your ban. That person was nothing but nice and reasonable. Having anger issues?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    If you genuinely believe this, you're an absolutely incorrigible idiot.
    Don't embarass yourself. You are implying that some asshole who uses the N-word out of fervor deserves the same label as someone who purposefully hurts and insults people of color. By your logic Raiku might as well don a white robe and yell white power. Of course he was a dick for saying it, but calling him a racist for what he did is simply a compliment to any actual racists out there.

Extreme binary reactions like this are why cancel culture is being taken less and less serious by people outside of the movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could have used way less time typing "Swapxy" or "Raiku" or even both on google than it took to make this pointless post.
    Ahhh, but you know my point, don't you? You just call it pointless cause you disagree. Probably because you think PVP is an important aspect of the game and not the cause of so much balancing shitshows through the course of several expansions.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

If you can't make a distinction between people of colour using it amongs themselves and some priviledged white boy dropping it, you're beyond help.
    This is the second time (that I noticed) that you use a racial slur in this thread. Seems that Finland is not progressive enough to teach you that racism is bad regardless of the color on the receiving end.

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    This is the second time (that I noticed) that you use a racial slur in this thread. Seems that Finland is not progressive enough to teach you that racism is bad regardless of the color on the receiving end.
    White boy is not racial slur, specially when it's said by a white male you fuckwit.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    because I'm willing to bet you yourself have even said that word.
    That's my point though. I haven't. Nobody I know uses that word apart from the people who are a bit racist. None of them. I'm genuinely baffled by this idea that "uh it's just a thing people say, I bet you do too." No. It's not that common. You are the weird ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Good riddance to racist scum.

Quote Originally Posted by LazuOG View Post
    Don't embarass yourself. You are implying that some asshole who uses the N-word out of fervor deserves the same label as someone who purposefully hurts and insults people of color. By your logic Raiku might as well don a white robe and yell white power. Of course he was a dick for saying it, but calling him a racist for what he did is simply a compliment to any actual racists out there.
    A slap on the ass is not as severe as rape, but they are both sexual assault. Likewise, there is a spectrum of severity in racist actions. Using the n-word is not as severe of an action as lynching a black person in your front yard, but they're both racist acts.

Being "only a little racist" does not make you "not a racist."

White boy is not racial slur, specially when it's said by a white male you fuckwit.
    Pot, meet kettle.

You aren't white, unless you are diagnosed with Albinism, you racist piece of trash. It's caucasian male, not white boy. Practice what you preach, clown.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    White boy is a very well-known racial slur used towards Caucasians. Reason you haven't heard of it is because it generally takes a bit more to offend us.

So by now we've established you're both a cheater and a racist. I mean, anything else you want to show off?

I watched the video btw, the only thing that's twisted is the encouragement for the other team to end themselves over being bad. The rest is just random frustration thrown towards other player characters (aside from the chuckle-worthy "buff joke" at the start). There's literally no targeted abuse so it's just empty words. Sure their vocabulary could use some expansion, but remember it's a compilation (literally every case of using "the word" comes from a different arena game). I expected more.

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    White boy is a very well-known racial slur used towards Caucasians. Reason you haven't heard of it is because it generally takes a bit more to offend us.

So by now we've established you're both a cheater and a racist. I mean, anything else you want to show off?

I watched the video btw, the only thing that's twisted is the encouragement for the other team to end themselves over being bad. The rest is just random frustration thrown towards other player characters (aside from the chuckle-worthy "buff joke" at the start). There's literally no targeted abuse so it's just empty words. Sure their vocabulary could use some expansion, but remember it's a compilation (literally every case of using "the word" comes from a different arena game). I expected more.
    So you're calling me a racist when I say "white boys" from position of being white myself, and in the same post you imply that them using the n-bomb is not racist? I mean, are you simple or just a huge hypocrite?

So you're calling me a racist when I say "white boys" from position of being white myself, and in the same post you imply that them using the n-bomb is not racist? I mean, are you simple or just a huge hypocrite?
    Again, there are NO WHITE PEOPLE. The term you're looking for is CAUCASIAN. Not been aware that other than the "n-bomb" racial slurs exist, yet starting and championing a tread about punishment for racism. Who is the simpleton here, again?