Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    If nigger or nigga was such a bad word, you'd think they would stop addressing themselves as such. Shit, I'm sure you can find at least 10 hit songs from this year where its constantly said, over and over again. And pikachu face other people say it too... This cancel culture is such a fucking cancer... Will be fun when it all implodes in about 5 years

And really, its 2020. I can be a circle or I can identify as a real nigga. And thus making me allowed to say whatever the fuck I want lol.
    Isn't that how this game, for mentally ill people, is played?
    Last edited by tomten; 2020-10-21 at 12:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    time to close this steaming dogpile of a thread - this has devolved into Klansplaining and backlash....holy F society is in real trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Over time in the US, we’ve transitioned from policies that explicitly target African Americans to policies that implicitly do. There’s a long history of this - from voting laws to now economic rules.

Ignoring implicit policies that have a similar impact to the explicit ones is problematic. I don’t care about the label - the truth is that African Americans are most often put in schools where there’s no access to good education.

You also just compared access to good schools to access to luxury cars. That’s disturbing. This country is supposed to be one where everyone has a chance to succeed, and access to a good education is part of that.
    You are literally saying nothing with all of this besides we use to have segregation laws but now we don't. No shit sherlock, that's how history works. There is literally NOTHING in place, explicitly or implicitly, that stops a certain race from attending any school they want. Period. End of discussion. The fact that you are suggesting that a higher price point specifically targets black families because they can't afford it, is being racist in itself. If you want to say something like there is an echo of the old segregation systems that effect certain groups' income then that's different. But coming out and saying that our schools are segregated and implicitly targets certain races from attending certain schools, is just asinine and nothing less.

And comparing the schools to luxury cars are literally the exact same thing, so I don't understand how you think that's disturbing. Schools are funded by what? Property taxes. Property taxes in a wealthier neighborhood are higher. Easy to understand correct? More money from property taxes means more money for schools. More money for schools allows for more resources for better schools. Period. There is nothing about race about it. If you can't afford those schools, then you can't attend, much like my children wouldn't be able to and I am white. If I can't afford a luxury car, I can't purchase it. Same exact thing.

Like I said, if there was a community of people like Daymond John, their schools would be top of the line while being African American, would that mean that this school system is segregating against whites? No, it wouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Players in actual sports don't face this sort of penalty unless they're convicted of a serious crime. This is part of the reason why esports are a joke, tech companies are too sterile.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And it doesn't have to be. Why should toxicity be tolerated?
    Because it comes natural to competitive, high-stress environments. Whether it be real sports or PvP games. People get very frustrated and say the worst things they can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Whoa buddy calm down.

The reason the wealth disproportionately affects blacks is because the prior policies made it very difficult for blacks to accumulate wealth, and now wealth is a prerequisite for good schools, which is the gateway to more wealth.

And just to be clear, you’re saying that you believe that wealth should be a prerequisite for access to a good education, right? That’s what I’m getting from your post. Because if that’s the case, sounds like you think America should be an aristocracy. That’s not consistent with how this country is supposed to work.
    Idk how dumb you have to be in order to think that's what I was saying it should be. I was saying higher income areas will always have better schools. It's just a fact. I'm not saying it should 100% always be if you have more money you should get a better education. I'm just saying that's how it is. Schools get their money through property taxes, and if an area consists of all million+ dollar houses then of fucking COURSE their schools are going to be better. It doesn't take a fucking genius to figure that out.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with race. If there is a wealthy black family that moves into the wealthy neighborhood, their kids are going to attend that amazing school, period. They aren't going to be forced to go into the inner cities because they are black and get a worse education. If they did have to, THAT would be segregation. But because that isn't how it works (obviously) that means there is no segregation.

The fact that you even have a fraction of a thought that schools are segregated astonishes me to think someone could be that dumb tbh.

I work for the education system, I know exactly how it works. And segregation is 100% completely off the table and has been for awhile. If there was a school that was segregated, it wouldn't be a school for very long.

Please stop with this 'wokeness' bullshit. It's exhausting. You have no clue how any of this nonsense works. You see a school that has mostly wealthy white kids and you jump on saying "THIS SYSTEM IS ALL ABOUT SEGREGATION EVEN IF IT'S NOT OUTRIGHT SAYING IT THIS IS A TRAVISTY"... when literally none of it has to do with race. The only person worried about race in this situation is the type of people you hang around with.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Players in actual sports don't face this sort of penalty unless they're convicted of a serious crime. This is part of the reason why esports are a joke, tech companies are too sterile.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it comes natural to competitive, high-stress environments. Whether it be real sports or PvP games. People get very frustrated and say the worst things they can think of.
    Maybe they should be adults and not do that. Also athletes dropping straight hard R n-bombs aren't going to get off for free either, not sure what even gave you that impression.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

pretty much this

look at the best of the best in any sport. Guarantee they have said and will say the most heinous shit to their opponents while competing. Look at MJ, dude was the epitome of toxicity in basketball, to his opponents as well as teammates. But he was the best and that just comes hand and hand sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Maybe they should be adults and not do that. Also athletes dropping straight hard R n-bombs aren't going to get off for free either, not sure what even gave you that impression.
    I'm sorry what? They do all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    pretty much this

look at the best of the best in any sport. Guarantee they have said and will say the most heinous shit to their opponents while competing. Look at MJ, dude was the epitome of toxicity in basketball, to his opponents as well as teammates. But he was the best and that just comes hand and hand sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry what? They do all the time?
    Any examples?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this has stopped being about the actual topic of players getting banned and is now a topic about racist language use, I'm closing this here. This is the PvP forum, in case people had missed it.

CLOSED.