Thread: No neck in BFA.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

No neck in BFA.

I recruited my youngest son 2 days ago and he hsd yo do the Exiles Reach/BFA route to 50.

Doing so has in general been a blast. We are 45 now and just talked about its strange that we havent got any good neck pieces.

We are still using the neck from Exiles Reach.

I know they killed the Heart of Azeroth questchain, but shouldn't they have given some necks as quest rewards at least?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    I recruited my youngest son 2 days ago and he hsd yo do the Exiles Reach/BFA route to 50.

Doing so has in general been a blast. We are 45 now and just talked about its strange that we havent got any good neck pieces.

I know they killed the Heart of Azeroth questchain, but shouldn't they have given some necks as quest rewards at least?
    doesn't the HoA questline start when you get an Azerite piece?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing has happent to the legendary neck questline, it's said that it appears once you get your first azerite piece of armor.

But i have no tried this theory myself

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Nothing has happent to the legendary neck questline, it's said that it appears once you get your first azerite piece of armor.

But i have no tried this theory myself
    I have leveled only in BFA and done all quests in Zandalar. There are no azerite pieces. Even the bosses in the dungeons we did that normally dropped Azerite drops nothing.

Even the foothold war campaign had their Azerite pieces replaced with normal armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    doesn't the HoA questline start when you get an Azerite piece?
    But there are no azerite pieces. :P

That is really really wierd. You should've gotten the HoA early on like at lvl 10. What was the 1st quest you did to start BFA at lvl 10 after you guys left Exile's Reach?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have leveled only in BFA and done all quests in Zandalar. There are no azerite pieces. Even the bosses in the dungeons we did that normally dropped Azerite drops nothing.

Even the foothold war campaign had their Azerite pieces replaced with normal armor.

- - - Updated - - -

But there are no azerite pieces. :P
    no there are. you get them as you level.

7+ Year Old Account
    You... don't tho.

I can attest, my monk is lvl 48.
    No azerite drops nor quest rewards whatsoever.

Formerly known as Arafal

I have leveled 2 characters so far in solely BfA content to 50.

You only get the HoA from Magni after you reached 50.
    You literally get zero necklace drops from mobs or quests as you level, and there are no azerite pieces until you reach 50 either.

It's a really wierd design, this basically means that new players won't get a new necklace until they are 50.

Just reached level 50 on a horde alt leveling through primarily Nazmir and a bit of Voldun. Azerite pieces are replaced by identical looking but otherwise non-azerite chest, shoulder and helm gear with regular secondary stats. You don't get the Heart of Azeroth neck until you reach level 50, but they have added neck items as quest rewards to a couple of quests in BFA zones.

That said, it's an extremely limited amount. I did all of Nazmir and got only a single neck, doing almost every single optional quest in addition to the main quest chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

If they gave you HoA at level 10, it would feel like a very powerful heirloom that you never upgrade. I assume the reason for the change was to prevent that. If one expansion had a very powerful neck artifact right from the start it might potentially outweight other leveling options by a lot.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a green neck in Voldun on a priest I hadn't played since legion. No Heart of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't recall any neck pieces as rewards but maybe.. I assume AH ones are off the table right?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I heared you get the quest if you let yourself boost through a dungeon by a lvl 50 player and he trades the azerite piece over. Bug? Exploit? Who knows.

This was hotfixed because people abused the shit out of this. Eg. start with BFA getting OP neck on level 10, switch to WoD for faster leveling. Now you have to wait until 50. But since you kill mobs in less than two globals anyway, this shouldn't really matter.

I had an alliance char at 45 after the patch and did the 3 quest to open the zones on the horde side, and several of them had an azerite armor as reward, but I won't level another char in BfA for a long long time, so I can't say at which level those open up for the first zone (it was 112 before the patch I think?)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    That is really really wierd. You should've gotten the HoA early on like at lvl 10. What was the 1st quest you did to start BFA at lvl 10 after you guys left Exile's Reach?
    That was the quest to talk to Talanji. You ride a wyvern from Orgrimmar that sends you to Dazar'alor and you set up a base at the Great Seal etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure I don't. I was expecting them several places. But they were either replacer with new gear that wasn't azerite, or no gear at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You... don't tho.

I can attest, my monk is lvl 48.
    No azerite drops nor quest rewards whatsoever.
    about same level and those azerite gear rewards with bonus has change to normal gear without any azerite effect on them

10+ Year Old Account
    So, both Legion and BfA content will result in you having a fairly weak choice of pieces - With Legion, it's weapon, as the Artifact Weapon stays at ilvl 20 until you get your relics, which are few while leveling (Not to mention that you have to build up each seperate weapon for whatever spec you want to play). With BfA, it's neck - There isn't a single neck in all of BfA content, and you either have to be max lvl to unlock the neck, OR acquire a piece of Azerite gear - Which you get from either select dungeons depending on your armor class, OR from pretty much the end of each zone via questing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Just reached level 50 on a horde alt leveling through primarily Nazmir and a bit of Voldun. Azerite pieces are replaced by identical looking but otherwise non-azerite chest, shoulder and helm gear with regular secondary stats. You don't get the Heart of Azeroth neck until you reach level 50, but they have added neck items as quest rewards to a couple of quests in BFA zones.

That said, it's an extremely limited amount. I did all of Nazmir and got only a single neck, doing almost every single optional quest in addition to the main quest chain.
    This is exactly how it works now, can also confirm.
    Leveled my druid from 40-50 after prepatch and I stumbled upon one neck item, and once I hit 50 the quest appeared to get the Heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it makes sense to me that it would work that way. If you want necks you’ll have to level somewhere else. HoA is just too strong