Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Only one far feom reality is you. If you think people enyoj this hand out faceroll experience where mobs do not represent any sort of danger which makes playing your class youbare supostu completly pointless than i dont know what to tell you. Vannila did great job at this. It never expained to you anything l. If you died you died. Next time do better or die again. Yeah in Exile reach your learned to mash your buttons but you didnt learn how to play game.
    It's a different game now than it was back in Vanilla. you're trying to create a false equivalency. What you should be comparing it to is the starting experience that was there last patch, not last decade.

With that said, if the players stick around and level up they WILL learn over time, it doesn't have to be shoved in their face the first 10 minutes of playing the game.

It taught me how to properly apply dots and not let them run out as a Warlock. Seems pretty good to me and crucial to do good dps. Not sure what you want more from it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Exile's Reach is pretty good actually. My 11 years old daughter is just starting the game end she learned quite a lot of things here actually.
    It's a pretty well done intro experience, especially considering there was nothing like this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    It taught me how to properly apply dots and not let them run out as a Warlock. Seems pretty good to me and crucial to do good dps. Not sure what you want more from it?
    Could use some touch ups for some classes. Teaching mages that fire blast should only be casted in melee range was a odd way to address spell push back rather then teaching them to root and move back to cast.

Reported OP, fresh acount with an obvious troll statement baiting everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Could use some touch ups for some classes. Teaching mages that fire blast should only be casted in melee range was a odd way to address spell push back rather then teaching them to root and move back to cast.
    Not everything needs to be spoon-fed to a new player. Player discovery is part of experiencing a game. I am sure the vast majority of players will realize that you can move back after using frost nova to cast spells, that concept is pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Not everything needs to be spoon-fed to a new player. Player discovery is part of experiencing a game. I am sure the vast majority of players will realize that you can move back after using frost nova to cast spells, that concept is pretty simple.
    True but why actively teach against good practices like claiming fire blast should be used in melee?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Well it is an introductory dungeon, familiarizing new players with the concepts of group play with tanks, healers and the lfg-tool. it using highmaul doesn't bother me more than the cave being reused from nazmir, or the harpy and quillboar stuff being reused.
    That's why I said I am not a new player. The rooms being ripped out of Highmaul are as clear as day to me, but new players won't know any better, so it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    True but why actively teach against good practices like claiming fire blast should be used in melee?
    I have no idea what the exact line the NPC is saying. So please copy&paste it. I have a hard time believing it literally says "use fireblast when enemy is in melee range". It's probably more like "you can use it when you are attacked in melee range to not suffer cast push back." Similar but first one is telling you to exclusively use it in melee range. The second example tells me that I can use it to circumvent caster push back, which in itself is true but doesn't tell me to wait for melee range.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2020-10-20 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's a different game now than it was back in Vanilla. you're trying to create a false equivalency. What you should be comparing it to is the starting experience that was there last patch, not last decade.

With that said, if the players stick around and level up they WILL learn over time, it doesn't have to be shoved in their face the first 10 minutes of playing the game.
    No what Blizz should do is take notes from classic and implement it in moder game.

No what Blizz should do is take notes from classic and implement it in moder game.
    Uh, no.

They DID take notes from Vanilla and moved forward, that's exactly why we have the game we do today. That's why the game we have today is the modern one and Classic is just that...the Classic, aka old version of the game. they're not going to revert back to something they moved away from on purpose.

Your name is "Pandaria was a scam", you have 4 posts and your account was made this month. You really expect anyone to take your opinion seriously when you keep saying dumb shit?

- - - Updated - - -

Take what notes? On how to be a shittier game?

Honest question though, who are the majority of the “new” players, always though it was mostly returning players to these later expos. Yea yea to think that an old game cannot get new players is dumb thinking so maybe mostly kids growing up but I just don’t see them flocking to wow, or holding on to it for that long. Maybe current players sons and daughters, nieces/nephews, but I don’t know the exact numbers to see if exile reach was justified.

this could just be because Exile's reach is new....but i find the leveling experience here better than the normal "race starting zone" formula.

Can't people learn the intricacies of the game by playing the game???
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Can't people learn the intricacies of the game by playing the game???
    And end up with players who don't know how basic things in the game works? Trust me, it was bad enough when you ran into "newbs", heck I even was one for several years.

I rather have them know basics off the bat than spend years fumbling around. And don't come here and say "they can find tutorials online" because that deletes the notion of learning while playing the game.

we only know if it was a waste of dev time if we actually lost something important for them to make that instead.

It's decent. It seems rather geared towards someone who has never played an RPG, or at least not an MMO. Half the elements you mention aren't 'beginner' levels of knowledge in the first place.

How much time do you think it took?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    That's why I said I am not a new player. The rooms being ripped out of Highmaul are as clear as day to me, but new players won't know any better, so it's fine.
    Oh, then i misread/misinterpreted your post, i'm sorry.