Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Multiboxing is fine, seeing squads of multiboxing druids flying around and taking all the herbs and killing my main way of money in the game is not.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Factcheck View Post
    Multiboxing is fine, seeing squads of multiboxing druids flying around and taking all the herbs and killing my main way of money in the game is not.
    Here is the big secret. 1 person hitting your node is the same as 100. So if they were just doing it with one char you would still lose it.

    Also I do feel bad for people who farm this late in their real life career. I assume most players are like me and have a career now and should easily be able to afford a token and let the minimum wage kids farm for you

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Which is more than the one action period full stop that was outlined in the ToS, which they arbitrarily changed for multiboxers because of all the subscription money they get paid.
    You'll have to provide evidence that existed since this post



    Is from 2008, wow released in 2004 so between 04 and 08 I'd like to see the ToS saying "one action period" considering multiboxing has also been around since vanilla.

    They press frostbolt they get one frostbolt, you press frostbolt you get ten frostbolts. This is not reasonable.
    One frostbolt per account same as you


    K
    K

    Because you always wanted to, likely, and planned to do so when you could.
    I never wanted to until I maxxed my account on characters

    Gold? Loot? PvP fights?
    So nothing

    yes you have, you just ignore it.
    No I haven't. Not even you can provide anything lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Automation is against the terms of service, multiboxing requires automation to function, therefore multiboxing shouldn't be allowed. I never said multiboxing was against the TOS, I said it should be, I said quite specifically that they put an exception in for multiboxers, don't blatantly misrepresent my statements.
    So are autorepair addons, you're not using the same definition of automation as Blizzard

    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Yes, and yes.
    Is this automation?

    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-10-22 at 06:17 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  4. #84
    I cleaved a 6 balance druid multiboxer today and it was sooo satisfying seeing them spread out in a star shape and then dying at the same time.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    Here is the big secret. 1 person hitting your node is the same as 100. So if they were just doing it with one char you would still lose it.

    Also I do feel bad for people who farm this late in their real life career. I assume most players are like me and have a career now and should easily be able to afford a token and let the minimum wage kids farm for you
    Firstly: There is a timer and a player limit. On multiple occasions, I have seen the herb despawn moments after the druid train has picked it up and moved on. And herbs are harder to find, presumably because the zone is no longer current there are fewer shards and the only people going still are herbalists.
    Secondly: Might be hard for you to understand but us more financially responsible people try to avoid unnecessary expense, particularly in uncertain times like these.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Factcheck View Post
    Firstly: There is a timer and a player limit. On multiple occasions, I have seen the herb despawn moments after the druid train has picked it up and moved on. And herbs are harder to find, presumably because the zone is no longer current there are fewer shards and the only people going still are herbalists.
    .

    I'll play devil's advocate here:

    Is that a problem unique to multiboxing, or is it more commonly caused by bots?

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'll play devil's advocate here:

    Is that a problem unique to multiboxing, or is it more commonly caused by bots?
    Bots have always been a major problem with regards to wows economy, in this case, multiboxing has compounded the issue, assuming the druid trains in Nazjatar are all bots. Nothing was done about it throughout 8.3.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post


    Is this automation?

    lol, that EvE online picture.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    lol, that EvE online picture.
    I know, very misleading considering nothing in that picture is remotely in line with modern technology, from the old monitors to the ancient mice.

  10. #90
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    You'll have to provide evidence that existed since this post



    Is from 2008, wow released in 2004 so between 04 and 08 I'd like to see the ToS saying "one action period" considering multiboxing has also been around since vanilla.
    Does someone pay you to repost this image in every single one of your posts?

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    BUT of course everyone on mmo-champion thinks multiboxing is just some guy with 20 accounts running around farming ores and herbs or griefing you in world PvP with 20 of the same class. It's sad honestly how biased people are against what they don't even understand on a surface level.

    Because in almost all cases it is. I have never heard of anyone playing it like you do. Maybe it's more of a thing on Classic? I don't know or care about that, multiboxing can stay on classic for all I care.

    But you talking up yourself with your class juggling changes nothing of my view on the multiboxing swarms plaguing retail realms. There's no playstyle there worth preserving.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Does someone pay you to repost this image in every single one of your posts?
    I mean, why wouldn't he? He's literally giving you proof that it's allowed in game by Blizzard themselves!

  13. #93
    All im getting from this post is, people cant differentiate between botters and multiboxers. Its just plain botting for them regardless. And they all ruin the economy when majority of those being sold were from bot farmers. But go ahead and be salty :3 Im enjoying my game time.

  14. #94
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    I mean, why wouldn't he? He's literally giving you proof that it's allowed in game by Blizzard themselves!
    That's not the argument though. We're saying it shouldn't be, not that it isn't.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    That's not the argument though. We're saying it shouldn't be, not that it isn't.
    It's a valid response when a lot of people claim it's cheating :P.
    And I'm sure that's the only times he brings out the picture as well.

  16. #96
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    213
    Bots = bad...... unless I need to buy bulk herbs/rocks
    Multi Boxers = bad.....unless I need to make a lot of gold and then I do it
    Single Players= good.....unless they freight train mobs into my aoe and I die

    That's my BFA experience. Stay safe!!

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Does someone pay you to repost this image in every single one of your posts?
    Nah, I wish though lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  18. #98
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    27,376
    Lol, so now we're rewriting reality to be about jealousy rather than what the most egregious multiboxers do to the gameplay experience of people unfortunate enough to meet them?

    "Elite"... They're whales, spending loads of money probably because they can MAKE money from multiboxing, nothing more.

    I used to be completely neutral or even positive towards Multiboxing. BfA changed that stance.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑

  19. #99
    I've never had an issue with multiboxers until recently (and this doesn't include them all). It was always quite interesting seeing them all running round together and they weren't hurting anyone so each to their own.

    BUT I found one consisting of at least 12 Balanced Druids all camping one spot and killing every mob that spawned. They were playing Horde and using war mode and spamming their AOE and dots on everything that moved, including any Alliance players that tried to do the quests in the area. I was stuck on the 3 quests in that area for well over an hour. I couldn't get the mobs or items I needed without being killed instantly by one of the Druids. There were many frustrated Alliance players sitting round the edges trying to find the odd mobs to pull, many of which gave in and left. These Druids seem to be there most of the day and I found them in a slightly different spot the next day.

    I understand War mode gives more XP, but if you don't want people to be annoyed and report you for multiboxing then stick to having War mode off, at least this way you aren't as annoying.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Factcheck View Post
    Multiboxing is fine, seeing squads of multiboxing druids flying around and taking all the herbs and killing my main way of money in the game is not.
    The problem is that they cannot really allow one type of multiboxing and not another. I mean.. they can.. but that would make it much more complicated for them to monitor. They should really just make multiboxing against the rules and keep it simple. Just like they made account sharing against the rules.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •