Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    Because in almost all cases it is. I have never heard of anyone playing it like you do. Maybe it's more of a thing on Classic? I don't know or care about that, multiboxing can stay on classic for all I care.

But you talking up yourself with your class juggling changes nothing of my view on the multiboxing swarms plaguing retail realms. There's no playstyle there worth preserving.
    You don't see the multiboxers who are clearing dungeons because they are in an instanced dungeon not affecting you at all.

As for the ones running around in the open world, the fix is very easy and has already been suggested multiple times in this thread if you would read more closely. Take away their ability to farm a mining or herb node on all 20 characters and it changes the math dramatically. No longer can they pay for all of their accounts with tokens using the huge amounts of gold they are farming.

It's a simple and easy fix.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Take away their ability to farm a mining or herb node on all 20 characters and it changes the math dramatically.
    Okay, you add an battle.net-accountwide lockout on individual nodes.

What about the ones that stand in clusters and mass aoe mobs in hotspots as a raw gold farm? I have seen clusters of them near the pig rare at Fallhaven every day for over a month now, as well as at Hocking's Plot and the Temple Incursion, just to name a few - there's also Zul'Nazman, the Blood Gate...

I see people complain pretty much daily about said multiboxers impairing the ability to quest there.

And then you have the instance gold farms too. Have you ever been to the Botanica or the Iron Docks in the last couple months? I have, and all you see is masses and masses of boomkins (or demon hunters) zoning in and out 24/7...
    Last edited by Ashiraya; 2020-10-23 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The problem is that they cannot really allow one type of multiboxing and not another. I mean.. they can.. but that would make it much more complicated for them to monitor. They should really just make multiboxing against the rules and keep it simple. Just like they made account sharing against the rules.
    or dont do anything and keep it even simpler?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSwiss View Post
    or dont do anything and keep it even simpler?
    Except that’s bad for the game.

This may not help since multiboxers will use different accounts. WoW client can be started with custom credentials via the command line.

You can't do that either because then the Father/Son team that have one bnet can't farm together.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    I mean I don't think it's a surprise multiboxing is easy. Hardest part is just getting a PC that can run multiple instances of the game, or multiple PCs straight up. Heck making a simple interaction bot is easy if you have a keyboard/mouse that lets you do macros.

People are mad not because they don't know how it works, they're mad because they don't like it.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster
    It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Le'ts try multiboxing when it is still allowed.

No more change to get a team under your control!
    My own project - an easy and legal multiboxing software: Wow Switcher.

Blizz has to address this, just like they had to address gold sellers. If they don't then regular players will leave and the game will tank.

I've run into packs of druids endlessly casting starfall and it is really annoying.

If they don't do this, then maybe they can nerf starfall and other abilities druids have. Maybe they should anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Blizz has to address this, just like they had to address gold sellers. If they don't then regular players will leave and the game will tank.

I've run into packs of druids endlessly casting starfall and it is really annoying.

If they don't do this, then maybe they can nerf starfall and other abilities druids have. Maybe they should anyways.
    Yeah that seems reasonable. Lets kill a class.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Yeah that seems reasonable. Lets kill a class.
    Hopefully they can make enough changes that it won't happen.