Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Which is more than the one action period full stop that was outlined in the ToS, which they arbitrarily changed for multiboxers because of all the subscription money they get paid.
    You'll have to provide evidence that existed since this post

Is from 2008, wow released in 2004 so between 04 and 08 I'd like to see the ToS saying "one action period" considering multiboxing has also been around since vanilla.

They press frostbolt they get one frostbolt, you press frostbolt you get ten frostbolts. This is not reasonable.
    One frostbolt per account same as you

K
    K

Because you always wanted to, likely, and planned to do so when you could.
    I never wanted to until I maxxed my account on characters

Gold? Loot? PvP fights?
    So nothing

yes you have, you just ignore it.
    No I haven't. Not even you can provide anything lol

Automation is against the terms of service, multiboxing requires automation to function, therefore multiboxing shouldn't be allowed. I never said multiboxing was against the TOS, I said it should be, I said quite specifically that they put an exception in for multiboxers, don't blatantly misrepresent my statements.
    So are autorepair addons, you're not using the same definition of automation as Blizzard

Yes, and yes.
    Is this automation?

Last edited by Drusin; 2020-10-22 at 06:17 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I cleaved a 6 balance druid multiboxer today and it was sooo satisfying seeing them spread out in a star shape and then dying at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    Here is the big secret. 1 person hitting your node is the same as 100. So if they were just doing it with one char you would still lose it.

Also I do feel bad for people who farm this late in their real life career. I assume most players are like me and have a career now and should easily be able to afford a token and let the minimum wage kids farm for you
    Firstly: There is a timer and a player limit. On multiple occasions, I have seen the herb despawn moments after the druid train has picked it up and moved on. And herbs are harder to find, presumably because the zone is no longer current there are fewer shards and the only people going still are herbalists.
    Secondly: Might be hard for you to understand but us more financially responsible people try to avoid unnecessary expense, particularly in uncertain times like these.

Quote Originally Posted by Factcheck View Post
    Firstly: There is a timer and a player limit. On multiple occasions, I have seen the herb despawn moments after the druid train has picked it up and moved on. And herbs are harder to find, presumably because the zone is no longer current there are fewer shards and the only people going still are herbalists.

I'll play devil's advocate here:

Is that a problem unique to multiboxing, or is it more commonly caused by bots?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'll play devil's advocate here:

Is that a problem unique to multiboxing, or is it more commonly caused by bots?
    Bots have always been a major problem with regards to wows economy, in this case, multiboxing has compounded the issue, assuming the druid trains in Nazjatar are all bots. Nothing was done about it throughout 8.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

Is this automation?

lol, that EvE online picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    lol, that EvE online picture.
    I know, very misleading considering nothing in that picture is remotely in line with modern technology, from the old monitors to the ancient mice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    You'll have to provide evidence that existed since this post

Is from 2008, wow released in 2004 so between 04 and 08 I'd like to see the ToS saying "one action period" considering multiboxing has also been around since vanilla.
    Does someone pay you to repost this image in every single one of your posts?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    BUT of course everyone on mmo-champion thinks multiboxing is just some guy with 20 accounts running around farming ores and herbs or griefing you in world PvP with 20 of the same class. It's sad honestly how biased people are against what they don't even understand on a surface level.

Because in almost all cases it is. I have never heard of anyone playing it like you do. Maybe it's more of a thing on Classic? I don't know or care about that, multiboxing can stay on classic for all I care.

But you talking up yourself with your class juggling changes nothing of my view on the multiboxing swarms plaguing retail realms. There's no playstyle there worth preserving.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I mean, why wouldn't he? He's literally giving you proof that it's allowed in game by Blizzard themselves!

All im getting from this post is, people cant differentiate between botters and multiboxers. Its just plain botting for them regardless. And they all ruin the economy when majority of those being sold were from bot farmers. But go ahead and be salty :3 Im enjoying my game time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    I mean, why wouldn't he? He's literally giving you proof that it's allowed in game by Blizzard themselves!
    That's not the argument though. We're saying it shouldn't be, not that it isn't.
    Putin khuliyo

That's not the argument though. We're saying it shouldn't be, not that it isn't.
    It's a valid response when a lot of people claim it's cheating :P.
    And I'm sure that's the only times he brings out the picture as well.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Bots = bad...... unless I need to buy bulk herbs/rocks
    Multi Boxers = bad.....unless I need to make a lot of gold and then I do it
    Single Players= good.....unless they freight train mobs into my aoe and I die

That's my BFA experience. Stay safe!!

Nah, I wish though lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Lol, so now we're rewriting reality to be about jealousy rather than what the most egregious multiboxers do to the gameplay experience of people unfortunate enough to meet them?

"Elite"... They're whales, spending loads of money probably because they can MAKE money from multiboxing, nothing more.

I used to be completely neutral or even positive towards Multiboxing. BfA changed that stance.

I've never had an issue with multiboxers until recently (and this doesn't include them all). It was always quite interesting seeing them all running round together and they weren't hurting anyone so each to their own.

BUT I found one consisting of at least 12 Balanced Druids all camping one spot and killing every mob that spawned. They were playing Horde and using war mode and spamming their AOE and dots on everything that moved, including any Alliance players that tried to do the quests in the area. I was stuck on the 3 quests in that area for well over an hour. I couldn't get the mobs or items I needed without being killed instantly by one of the Druids. There were many frustrated Alliance players sitting round the edges trying to find the odd mobs to pull, many of which gave in and left. These Druids seem to be there most of the day and I found them in a slightly different spot the next day.

I understand War mode gives more XP, but if you don't want people to be annoyed and report you for multiboxing then stick to having War mode off, at least this way you aren't as annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Factcheck View Post
    Multiboxing is fine, seeing squads of multiboxing druids flying around and taking all the herbs and killing my main way of money in the game is not.
    The problem is that they cannot really allow one type of multiboxing and not another. I mean.. they can.. but that would make it much more complicated for them to monitor. They should really just make multiboxing against the rules and keep it simple. Just like they made account sharing against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    Because in almost all cases it is. I have never heard of anyone playing it like you do. Maybe it's more of a thing on Classic? I don't know or care about that, multiboxing can stay on classic for all I care.

But you talking up yourself with your class juggling changes nothing of my view on the multiboxing swarms plaguing retail realms. There's no playstyle there worth preserving.
    You don't see the multiboxers who are clearing dungeons because they are in an instanced dungeon not affecting you at all.

As for the ones running around in the open world, the fix is very easy and has already been suggested multiple times in this thread if you would read more closely. Take away their ability to farm a mining or herb node on all 20 characters and it changes the math dramatically. No longer can they pay for all of their accounts with tokens using the huge amounts of gold they are farming.

It's a simple and easy fix.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Take away their ability to farm a mining or herb node on all 20 characters and it changes the math dramatically.
    Okay, you add an battle.net-accountwide lockout on individual nodes.

What about the ones that stand in clusters and mass aoe mobs in hotspots as a raw gold farm? I have seen clusters of them near the pig rare at Fallhaven every day for over a month now, as well as at Hocking's Plot and the Temple Incursion, just to name a few - there's also Zul'Nazman, the Blood Gate...

I see people complain pretty much daily about said multiboxers impairing the ability to quest there.

And then you have the instance gold farms too. Have you ever been to the Botanica or the Iron Docks in the last couple months? I have, and all you see is masses and masses of boomkins (or demon hunters) zoning in and out 24/7...
    Last edited by Ashiraya; 2020-10-23 at 09:39 PM.