View Poll Results: What would you pick?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starcraft MMO

    36 37.50%
  • Project Titan

    13 13.54%
  • Crossworlds

    7 7.29%
  • Overwatch MMO

    6 6.25%
  • Anything but WoW

    4 4.17%
  • Something else

    10 10.42%
  • I've lost all hope in MMO's

    20 20.83%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Pit Lord Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    what i mean with ruins it is the monetization aspects

    - - - Updated - - -



    obvisoly blizzzard can do wrong, theyre half the problem, but when talking about jeff kapalans team, i think they can objectively way less wrong than ions team
    Then you either weren't around, or have forgotten what 2007 was like. Everything was because Kaplan didn't know what he was doing. This narrative has always been floating around.

  2. #82
    I've never liked MMOs that take place in current or future times or settings and I highly dislike post-apocalyptic (and to some extent steampunk) settings, so I'll say that I'm happy none of their MMO ideas saw daylight. Every MMO I've ever enjoyed has been in some way based on swords, armors and magic and taken place in worlds that have not gone through significant technological evolution.

  3. #83
    I haven't played Overwatch a lot, but the little i have done, i really enjoy everything around it, the character of the heroes, the art style, the way the game plays, everything. I would love to see blizzard bringing in front new ideas once in a while a not again a new WoW expansion or a new a new Diablo game.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Then you either weren't around, or have forgotten what 2007 was like. Everything was because Kaplan didn't know what he was doing. This narrative has always been floating around.
    what existed in 2007 thats worse than what we have today

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ek0zu View Post
    I haven't played Overwatch a lot, but the little i have done, i really enjoy everything around it, the character of the heroes, the art style, the way the game plays, everything. I would love to see blizzard bringing in front new ideas once in a while a not again a new WoW expansion or a new a new Diablo game.
    same, i believe their art style is the best of their IP's, i love the old warcraft 3 style too tho

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I've never liked MMOs that take place in current or future times or settings and I highly dislike post-apocalyptic (and to some extent steampunk) settings, so I'll say that I'm happy none of their MMO ideas saw daylight. Every MMO I've ever enjoyed has been in some way based on swords, armors and magic and taken place in worlds that have not gone through significant technological evolution.
    thats too bad i think a fantasy sci fi setting can include any theme possible, including swords and magic haha, its the opposite of being limmited

  5. #85
    Epic! Oakshana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Posts
    1,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Overwatch MMO and Titan are the same game... by star craft MMO, do you mean Ghost?
    Well, yes and no. Overwatch was created from the remnants of Titan. But Titan was a nearly much different concept. They just repurposed a lot of it, including some story.

    And Ghost was never an MMO. It was a standalone game.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    thats too bad i think a fantasy sci fi setting can include any theme possible, including swords and magic haha, its the opposite of being limmited
    Just a personal opinion after all!

  7. #87
    looks like majority want starcraft.

    cant say i disagree

  8. #88
    While I never really got into Diablo 3, I did play Diablo 2 extensively back in the day online. I'm rusty on the lore but I think the general vibe and aesthetic would lend itself well to a new MMO with an expanded universe.

  9. #89
    Personally I've become a bit disenchanted with the idea of MMOs.

    I'd match rather prefer to see a singleplayer (or small scale multiplayer, such as 1 to 4 players coop) 1st/3rd person Warcraft or Diablo ARPG (think Elder Scrolls style), with focus on world, story and immersion. Or even a Dark Souls-style Diablo game.

    As far as MMOs, Sci-fi in general is not a theme I find very compelling, so I would personally prefer to see "WoW2" over any of the ideas mentioned. Be it an actual hard/soft reset on WoW (ie many years in the future or many years in the past, completely new engine built from scratch), or a new franchise with a similar theme of medieval/high/industrial fantasy.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Personally I've become a bit disenchanted with the idea of MMOs.

    I'd match rather prefer to see a singleplayer (or small scale multiplayer, such as 1 to 4 players coop) 1st/3rd person Warcraft or Diablo ARPG (think Elder Scrolls style), with focus on world, story and immersion. Or even a Dark Souls-style Diablo game.

    As far as MMOs, Sci-fi in general is not a theme I find very compelling, so I would personally prefer to see "WoW2" over any of the ideas mentioned. Be it an actual hard/soft reset on WoW (ie many years in the future or many years in the past, completely new engine built from scratch), or a new franchise with a similar theme of medieval/high/industrial fantasy.
    what about mmos has made u disenchanted with them ?

  11. #91
    world of starcraft

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    what about mmos has made u disenchanted with them ?
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think mostly that if you take the social components from it, and the "newness" of playing in a persistent world, it becomes a standard RPG that's generally watered down. By this I mean - if you think of any particular included feature, there are other smaller games, in particular singleplayer games, that do it much better.

    For instance, looking at the questing experience, most singleplayer RPGs simply offer a much better experience than you can get in WoW. There are only a few exceptions (such as raiding).

    Then there's also the fact that MMOs tend to be designed to be played a lot, and to essentially be one's "main game". And after years and years of playing WoW and a couple other MMOs, I just don't feel very compelled to spend months on end playing almost exclusively the same game, especially when there are so many games in my backlog I mean to play/try.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think mostly that if you take the social components from it, and the "newness" of playing in a persistent world, it becomes a standard RPG that's generally watered down. By this I mean - if you think of any particular included feature, there are other smaller games, in particular singleplayer games, that do it much better.

    For instance, looking at the questing experience, most singleplayer RPGs simply offer a much better experience than you can get in WoW. There are only a few exceptions (such as raiding).

    Then there's also the fact that MMOs tend to be designed to be played a lot, and to essentially be one's "main game". And after years and years of playing WoW and a couple other MMOs, I just don't feel very compelled to spend months on end playing almost exclusively the same game, especially when there are so many games in my backlog I mean to play/try.
    ahh i see what u mean,

    i think thats true what ur saying, however thats entirely for current mmos
    i think a an mmo that designs itselfs perfectly eliminates these problems and basically becomes a "dream" game

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    do u think itll ever come ?
    With evolution of technology and networks very certainly so. It will be a big leap, not just a fresh take on an old design. I'm not familiar with anything revolutionary being in development and also don't think the tech and market are there for it yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •