View Poll Results: What would you pick?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starcraft MMO

    36 37.50%
  • Project Titan

    13 13.54%
  • Crossworlds

    7 7.29%
  • Overwatch MMO

    6 6.25%
  • Anything but WoW

    4 4.17%
  • Something else

    10 10.42%
  • I've lost all hope in MMO's

    20 20.83%
Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Blizzards cancelled MMO's

    So for those of you that dont know, after wotlk the wow team changed, the majority of the og guys went on to project titan, aand another team took over in cataclysm, project titan was supposed to be their next gen game but after years of trying it ultimately failed to take form and instead eventually became Overwatch. However, here is my question, in the period of its cancellation, before overwatch became a thing, the team gave itself a deadline to come up with 3 game ideas, 2 weeks each, and see if anything worked. The first thing was a starcraft game, presumably an mmo, in fact this picture was from the concept art of the starcraaft MMO and as u can see, that character eventually carried itself over to Overwatch as Mcree. They were sooo close to making a starcraft mmo that by the end of the 2 weeks no one wanted to move on and everyone wanted to make this game, but still they had to force themselves.

    Project titan was apparently going to be a earth based hero shooter mmo.

    So the game after that was anothoer mmo IDEa called Crossworlds, where the idea was it was a remote outpost planet in the galaxy where all sorts of alien races all enede up on the same planet, like a crossroads of the galaxy. Heres a concept pic it was boasting somethng like 50 classses or something.

    And then finally the third idea evolved into overwatch as we know it today.


    So my question to you is which idea would you have been most likely on board with or wanted to have come out! Also i think an overwatch mmo is most likely at this point because there are several hints towards it. Jeff and his team keep saying they want overwatch to expand into other mediums, one of which we know is an anime for netflix alongside diablo anime, but im pretty sure they want an mmo evnetually, they keep saying that overwatch is where warcraft 1 was all those years ago, so that evnetually a world of overwatch could happen.

    let me know your thoughts below, excuse the wall of text

    - - - Updated - - -

    id personally at this point take any other mmo thats good than wow.



    TLDR; Which mmo would u pick, Starcraft MMO, crossworlds mmo, overwatch mmo, anyone of them, or lost all hope in mmos
    what i mean by overwathc mmo is not referencing project titan, but overwatch as it it today evolving into an mmo in the future
    Last edited by letssee; 2020-10-20 at 09:39 PM.

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Cidzor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    2,594
    Wasn't there some talk about a Diablo MMO at one point? I might be misremembering, but I think I remember reading somewhere that the idea of a Diablo MMO was one thing that caused friction between Vivendi and Blizzard North. At any rate, I think a Diablo MMO has some potential to be really cool if done right (although I'm not sure I trust today's Blizzard to handle that "if done right" part, unfortunately).
    Last edited by Cidzor; 2020-10-20 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Wasn't there some talk about a Diablo MMO at one point? I might be misremembering, but I think I remember reading somewhere that the idea of a Diablo MMO was one thing that caused friction between Vivendi and Blizzard North. At any rate, I think a Diablo MMO has some potential to be really cool if done right (although I'm not sure I trust today's Blizzard to handle that "if done right" part, unfortunately).
    i remeber them mentinong taking diablo 4 the skyrim route in first person, i wouldve loved that personally. diablo is already an rpg so converting into an mmo wouldnt be that amazing but still cool

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Made in Philly, living in Akron.
    Posts
    3,740
    I just want a proper Warcraft 4. I'm pretty much over the MMORPG model that has barely changed since Everquest.
    I had become too accustomed to the pseudo-Left new style, whereby if your opponent thought he had identified your lowest possible motive, he was quite certain that he had isolated the only real one. This vulgar method, which is now the norm and the standard in much non-Left journalism as well, is designed to have the effect of making any noisy moron into a master analyst.
    - Christopher Hitchens

  5. #5
    I think that there was a golden opportunity for Blizzzard to push Warcraft into a Starcraft MMO. I love the idea that the humans and orcs were fighting, and at the end of the expansion, all holy hell rains down on them in the form of the Zerg, or the Protoss. It's then that the humans and orcs realize that everything they were fighting over was trivial in comparison, and they would then work together to combat the new powers that were revealed. They become the Terran, and push to modernize as quickly as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I think that there was a golden opportunity for Blizzzard to push Warcraft into a Starcraft MMO. I love the idea that the humans and orcs were fighting, and at the end of the expansion, all holy hell rains down on them in the form of the Zerg, or the Protoss. It's then that the humans and orcs realize that everything they were fighting over was trivial in comparison, and they would then work together to combat the new powers that were revealed. They become the Terran, and push to modernize as quickly as possible.
    haha thats cool

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    I just want a proper Warcraft 4. I'm pretty much over the MMORPG model that has barely changed since Everquest.
    id take both a warcraft 4 and a new mmo thanks

  7. #7
    After D2, all I ever wanted out of Blizzard was a World of Warcraft Diablo-style. The combat, UI modding, dungeon, raid, and quest design of World of Warcraft with the aesthetic, lore, classes, and gameplay loop of Diablo 1 and 2.

    The only Blizzard game I ever gave a shit about (besides Lost Vikings and Blackstone, natch) was Diablo. Everything else I have been indifferent toward for the most part.

    They could have made all three of those games in the OP and I would not care unless one was Diablo.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    haha thats cool

    - - - Updated - - -



    id take both a warcraft 4 and a new mmo thanks
    I actually came up with this awesome scenario for it all, and I'm even a bit ashamed to admit that I wrote it down as a story board. If you had looked at the whole thing, you'd have loved it. It made sense, created a well-flowing story, and helped with the lack of excitement about the story after the fall of the Lich King. It all started when I was underwhelmed by how they did the LK fight back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I actually came up with this awesome scenario for it all, and I'm even a bit ashamed to admit that I wrote it down as a story board. If you had looked at the whole thing, you'd have loved it. It made sense, created a well-flowing story, and helped with the lack of excitement about the story after the fall of the Lich King. It all started when I was underwhelmed by how they did the LK fight back in the day.
    dude i totally jive with this idea haha, i had thought of something similiar back in the day too, but i love it haha.

    from a story prespeective its really cool, but i wonder how people wouldve reacted, many people just enjoy the mediavl fantasy, even tho tbc is pretty sci fi it still had that fantasy feel.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    dude i totally jive with this idea haha, i had thought of something similiar back in the day too, but i love it haha.

    from a story prespeective its really cool, but i wonder how people wouldve reacted, many people just enjoy the mediavl fantasy, even tho tbc is pretty sci fi it still had that fantasy feel.
    That was one of the parts I loved most about it, because it was completely out of left field. here you are, finally overcoming the Horde onslaught. You're exhausted, but celebratory... and then the Zerg start raining from the heavens, or the Protoss ships blast apart the remnants of your fallen city. and demand fealty. It becomes a staging front of the war between the two races. To the Protoss and Zerg, the Alliance and Horde would be nothing off consequence, and their insignificance is what they would have to embrace in order to build up their forces without being considered a threat, until they could eventually fight back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  11. #11
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,087
    Overwatch MMO and Titan are the same game... by star craft MMO, do you mean Ghost?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Overwatch MMO and Titan are the same game... by star craft MMO, do you mean Ghost?
    overwatch and titan are not the same game, but theyre very similar, and no i dont mean ghost, after titan was cancelled the team was going to make a new starcraft MMO before it evnetually became overwatch instead.

  13. #13
    i always believed a "world of Starcraft" would have done extremely well.
    although i am not sure how 3 factions would have worked out....we see the hot topic that is factions in WoW currently is.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSmokeShenron View Post
    i always believed a "world of Starcraft" would have done extremely well.
    although i am not sure how 3 factions would have worked out....we see the hot topic that is factions in WoW currently is.
    doesnt have to be 3 factions, could be factionless haha or something else

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSmokeShenron View Post
    i always believed a "world of Starcraft" would have done extremely well.
    although i am not sure how 3 factions would have worked out....we see the hot topic that is factions in WoW currently is.
    I always loved the idea of three factions, and a few games have pulled it off (I cannot think of them). In the end, it would have made mass PVP more interesting, and in the case of something like battlegrounds, it could simply be two factions at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I always loved the idea of three factions, and a few games have pulled it off (I cannot think of them). In the end, it would have made mass PVP more interesting, and in the case of something like battlegrounds, it could simply be two factions at a time.
    i loved the guild wars 2 RvRvR, basically 3 factions fighting, was really intresting fighting players from one faction then all of a suddne another one shows up and it becomes a ceasar salad

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    i loved the guild wars 2 RvRvR, basically 3 factions fighting, was really intresting fighting players from one faction then all of a suddne another one shows up and it becomes a ceasar salad
    Planetside 2 also had three factions, and I enjoyed the shit out of that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  18. #18
    I'd be happy with a solo wow with less profession and no rep grind with realistic graphics.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2020-10-20 at 06:16 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I'd be happy with a solo wow with less profession and no rep grind with realistic graphics.
    solo mmo?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    solo mmo?
    Soloable mmo, without the horde, maybe with a sc setting. With no cash shop.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2020-10-20 at 06:38 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •