Poll: What would you pick?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Wasn't there some talk about a Diablo MMO at one point? I might be misremembering, but I think I remember reading somewhere that the idea of a Diablo MMO was one thing that caused friction between Vivendi and Blizzard North. At any rate, I think a Diablo MMO has some potential to be really cool if done right (although I'm not sure I trust today's Blizzard to handle that "if done right" part, unfortunately).
    Diablo MMO talk was Kotaku making up crap. Much like D4 being at 2018 Blizzcon. Blizzard themselves throughout 2018 denied the existance of either being at said Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I remember someone showing a clip of some dude in a space suit landing in a deserted spaceship through a breach in it's hull and pressing some button; and people were clamouring about how it was the first footage of Titan in action. Thinking back it seemed a lot more "Halo-esque" than anything resembling Overwatch, but Titan was billed as something of a sci-fi MMO right?

- - - Updated - - -

WoWs been pretty much (i.e. the only thing missing is Mythic) solo, not even "soloable" but "designed to appeal to solo players more than sociable" since, MoP... or at least WoD certainly.
    titan was going to be earth based much like how overwatch is, plus a shooter with hero themes

I've wanted world of starcraft forever

I would have loved to see a Starcraft FPS that had some MMO aspects to it, namely an open-world aspect to it. I'm thinking Borderlands with bigger multiplayer prospects.

But I feel like Starcraft in any linear gameplay capacity would be difficult since they have to design a 'campaign' for each race, otherwise it's just weird being a human character doing anything for Zerg or Protoss and just trying to play off your character as some faction-less merc. I just want to be able to explore more of the SC universe in a tangible way, much like how WoW opened up what the RTS started. A linear FPS would probably do better than a MMO though IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I would have loved to see a Starcraft FPS that had some MMO aspects to it, namely an open-world aspect to it. I'm thinking Borderlands with bigger multiplayer prospects.

But I feel like Starcraft in any linear gameplay capacity would be difficult since they have to design a 'campaign' for each race, otherwise it's just weird being a human character doing anything for Zerg or Protoss and just trying to play off your character as some faction-less merc. I just want to be able to explore more of the SC universe in a tangible way, much like how WoW opened up what the RTS started. A linear FPS would probably do better than a MMO though IMO.
    funny how a starcraft fps and an mmo were both planned and cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    funny how a starcraft fps and an mmo were both planned and cancelled
    Twice for the FPS if we count SC:Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Twice for the FPS if we count SC:Ghost
    ikr xd

blizzard is a lost cause

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I've wanted world of starcraft forever
    preach bro, same

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    overwatch and titan are not the same game, but theyre very similar, and no i dont mean ghost, after titan was cancelled the team was going to make a new starcraft MMO before it evnetually became overwatch instead.
    No, I’m sorry... Titan was going to be an FPS MMO... the characters in Overwatch, were going to be classes. They couldn’t “make it fun”, so scrapped it and made it into a squad based shooter. Look at Starcraft characters... how do they at all transfer into becoming Overwatch?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Gameplay wise, i have my issues with wows direction but its still my favourite in the market. Story wise, it suffers from having too many writers leaving and possibly from blizz's insistence on the faction conflict. A new mmo by blizz isn't likely to avoid either of these issues, so I'm just hoping they make wow gameplay fun enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, I’m sorry... Titan was going to be an FPS MMO... the characters in Overwatch, were going to be classes. They couldn’t “make it fun”, so scrapped it and made it into a squad based shooter. Look at Starcraft characters... how do they at all transfer into becoming Overwatch?
    They used some concepts from the cancelled from Starcraft MMO for Titan/Overwatch. They used ideas from it, with some characters like McCree being directly shown in Starcraft MMO concept art (first post).

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-overwatc...-hero-shooter/

"they also considered a tie-in to StarCraft that focused on the individuals in that universe. Below is some concept art (Kaplan didn't say what sort of game it was going to be), and you'll notice a striking resemblance to a certain cowboy."
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-10-20 at 07:50 PM.

The Project Titan idea of working a day job and them going heroing at night sounded cool, probably would've been a great singleplayer RPG if it had done in the manner of a Trails game (the first half of a chapter is slice of life shenanigans and building up the main story in the background, while the second half of a chapter is an adventure and serious plot stuff).

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been thirsting for a SC mmo ever since I saw the first published pictures of WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Starcraft MMO or Diablo MMO would be cool.

Diablo MMO. It's lore and world are built for that kind of treatment. I also thought a souls/skyrim style game would be amazing.

The Titan idea sounded interesting but I understand why it was canceled, its such a convoluted idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    im aware that a lot of concepts from titan are in overwatch, but hello titan was gonna be an mmo, and overwatch is obvisouly not, so thats why i say theyre not the same, and like others have mentioned, mcree was str8 from starcraft

Probably a Starcraft MMO? I would also love to see it being tailored towards hardcore audience where the time investment actually pays off. I really enjoy games where I can engage in important processes, and where I can do something that is meaningful, rather than just repeating "mythic+", type of content, with almost no visible progress, and with little to no satisfaction.

Otherwise I think shooter MMO could be great game changer for me as well. I enjoyed the hell out of Destiny 2. I think that Overwatch MMO can be great success if done correctly.

Anyway, It's just my personal taste in games. Not forcing my views on anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Diablo MMO. It's lore and world are built for that kind of treatment. I also thought a souls/skyrim style game would be amazing.

The Titan idea sounded interesting but I understand why it was canceled, its such a convoluted idea.
    personally would love a skyrim diablo and it was even considered for what d4 was gonna be, but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    I just want a proper Warcraft 4. I'm pretty much over the MMORPG model that has barely changed since Everquest.
    Man, if they had all hands on deck and made a SC2 quality Warcraft RTS I'd throw money at my screen to get it. Ever since Relic died the genres has basically constituted of only remasters.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I've always liked to see a WoW 2 set in a very distant future and on a whole new world. We have basically seen all of Azeroth by now so I would prefer to be in another planet, which is also at least 3x the size of Azeroth as the new engine should be able to handle it. New factions could be something similiar like covenants, you start out factionless but you will be able to choose who you pledge your allegiances to. And you will always be able to interact with others from other factions. There should also be no expansions, just add content to the main game on a proper schedule and they should make every zone worth visiting again after leveling. The leveling should also play a much bigger role whicha t the beginning is a lot slower but also feels very rewarding when you gain a level.

Other than that I would've loved to see what Titan would look like. The team seemed so passionate behind it, and after its cancellation the companies morale went to a new low. Such a shame that this got cancelled.

MMOs are weird right now. Kind of got a space, kind of also don't. WoW maintains itself by being the titan, anything realistically entering the marketplace would face an insurmountable uphill struggle unless it has something very different - FFXIV is a good example as it's hyper casual, has the JRPG aesthetic, and does away with a lot of concerns like balance etc. by just giving everything to everyone and keeping the difficulty low enough for nothing to really matter (that last part being something WoW Classic also does).

A hardcore MMO like in the olden days would need to supplant WoW, it couldn't exist alongside it. What that could be, who knows. Another Blizzard product, possibly; or someone else's stroke of genius, also possibly.

More likely will be hybrid models like Diablo IV - genre games (here dark fantasy AARPG) that dip into MMO mechanics as convenient, but generally keep everything bite-sized rather than having huge, scheduled content like raids.

As for Blizz's failed products, I do believe they were canceled for a reason.