Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Buying a token is still paying with IRL money. Just not yours. It does not change the problem.
    and what problem that would be ?

my onlyproblem with this set is that its ugly like f... - i mean really - its sooo ugly

not that it exist

i wish blizzard would put ton more transmogable stuff into game shop because then people would at least have something to spend their gold on in game.

what was there in BfA ? frogs for 330k ? long boy dont count because 5 mln gold for 1 mount is not worth it in my eyes. but 400k gold for full transmog set ? yes please everyday

just not ugly one like this . put in some nice sets there.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    What store mounts actually released during WoD? Nothing really springs to mind.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blizzard_Shop

Warforged nightmare
    Mystic runesaber
    Grinning reaver

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Buying a token is still paying with IRL money. Just not yours. It does not change the problem.
    not your IRL money, so what does that matter. it does change the problem, cause you are getting it for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Ill never forgive Blizzard for making both the heart of the aspects and the Grinning Reaver store exclusive mounts. Those mounts are so thematic to their expansion it feels like Blizzard removed it from the actual game and added it as store mounts. I have them now but still :/
    Last edited by NED funded; 2020-10-22 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Ill never forgive Blizzard for making both the heart of the aspects and the Grinning Reaver store exclusive mounts. Those mounts are so thematic to their expansion it feels like Blizzard removed it from the actual game and added it as store mounts. I have them now but still :/
    The stone cold (and sad?) reality is however: If you did buy them and still also pay your sub...Blizzard will not care in the least if they are not forgiven. Because the message send was money to buy them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

my onlyproblem with this set is that its ugly like f... - i mean really - its sooo ugly

not that it exist

Quite a lot of ppl here are saying how ugly it is. Honestly...if Blizzard would ever go with a bard class (as per request on this forum) I imagine it would be the equivalent of this set.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blizzard_Shop

Warforged nightmare
    Mystic runesaber
    Grinning reaver

- - - Updated - - -

not your IRL money, so what does that matter. it does change the problem, cause you are getting it for gold.
    Not my irl money, but irl money nonetheless

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and what problem that would be ?

not that it exist

i wish blizzard would put ton more transmogable stuff into game shop because then people would at least have something to spend their gold on in game.

what was there in BfA ? frogs for 330k ? long boy dont count because 5 mln gold for 1 mount is not worth it in my eyes. but 400k gold for full transmog set ? yes please everyday

In that case it should be no problem to just put it on an ingame NPC, no?

Expansion is delayed, seems they needed a hook to get people to subscribe for those lonely winter months.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    Expansion is delayed, seems they needed a hook to get people to subscribe for those lonely winter months.
    Yeah it's definitely not coming out in Nov/Dec now.

This MTX is just awful timing. They just fired 300 employees, released a mess of a pre patch with no pre expansion events enabled and delayed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    Yeah it's definitely not coming out in Nov/Dec now. This MTX is just awful timing. They just fired 300 employees, released a mess of a pre patch with no pre expansion events enabled and delayed the game.
    Just? Feburary 2019 is not "just". The pre-patch isn't a mess and the of course the launch events won't be enabled if the launch itself is delayed. It is fine to be disgruntled but lets at least use sensible things to dislike Blizzard over. There is also no current indication that it won't still come out in November or December.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The reaver for sure. A shame too because if it had been in WoD proper we probably woulda had some recolors too as I'm not a huge huge fan of red.

The Patient
    Ahh....the good old Heart of the Aspects. I remember buying it and riding it for.............30 seconds. No other mount has made me feel so unwell. The Banana Mount is the one mount that I have black listed on Lite Mount. There is something about riding it that just is "off putting".

Stay safe and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    Ahh....the good old Heart of the Aspects. I remember buying it and riding it for.............30 seconds. No other mount has made me feel so unwell. The Banana Mount is the one mount that I have black listed on Lite Mount. There is something about riding it that just is "off putting".

Stay safe and have fun!
    Yeah I agree. I liked the look of it and I flew on it for about 30s as well and was like "well never using that again" lol. I hate it's flying animation.

Nope. They have been giving offers like this every 6 months regardless of where the expansion is for a couple of years now.

Well...with everyone and their mother here saying how shit the transmog is...surely they failed, right?

Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    Yeah it's definitely not coming out in Nov/Dec now.

This MTX is just awful timing. They just fired 300 employees, released a mess of a pre patch with no pre expansion events enabled and delayed the game.
    That "firing" you talk about was almost 2 years ago. You have absolutely zero evidence of your claim and Blizzard still claims on their official site that the game is coming in 2020. I take their word over yours.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Nope. They have been giving offers like this every 6 months regardless of where the expansion is for a couple of years now.
    As usual...applying facts and common sense is just gonna fizzle out

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well...with everyone and their mother here saying how shit the transmog is...surely they failed, right?
    I know what you are getting at here, but I wouldn't call a group of like ten people here at MMO-Champion "everyone and their mother".

Except the last one wasn't 6 months ago. It was 3 months ago. They rushed this one out for a reason. Maybe that's why it's a terrible looking transmog.

- - - Updated - - -

That "firing" you talk about was almost 2 years ago. You have absolutely zero evidence of your claim
    They just recently announced they would close down their office in Paris.

and Blizzard still claims on their official site that the game is coming in 2020. I take their word over yours.
    Blizzard kept claiming that Warcraft 3 Reforged would still come in 2019 until they stopped claiming that and pushed it back to 2020.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost every mount is taken from an upcoming expansion, if you look at the list of mounts. Often we only realize this after the expansion has been released. Both the Sylverian Dreamer and the Fox mount were clearly developed for Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by naleera View Post
    Except the last one wasn't 6 months ago. It was 3 months ago. They rushed this one out for a reason. Maybe that's why it's a terrible looking transmog.
    But it isn't terrible. Taste and quality are two different things. There is no indication that it was rushed versus a planned thing. It very easily could have been a planned thing to retain people for 6-months with the launch of SL and they choose not to delay the promotion. It could be to "reset" a 6-month cycle for SL. It could be to retain people during the drought even though many would still have months left from the last package deal.

This one also lasts until December 12th where the other package deals lasted around a month. But it is hardly rushed or poor quality because some of the complaints revolve around it having ear holes, a detail that wouldn't exist if it was a terrible rushed thing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I always feel Blizzard get quite an easy ride with regards to the store mounts. You pay a monthly subscription for the game, you then pay a triple AAA boxed price for each expansion every 2 years and then they ALSO want extra for fucking mounts and transmogs. I get if you don't want it don't buy it but I feel with all that income shit like that should be just in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But it isn't terrible. Taste and quality are two different things.
    You're right. In terms of quality it's actually pretty good. In terms of taste it's horrible. It's a matter of taste, but if you like it, you just have no taste.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    There is no indication that it was rushed versus a planned thing.
    I didn't say it wasn't a planned thing. Everything they do they must've planned at some point. Even last-minute planning is planning.

When I say rushed I mean that usually they'd wait 6 months before they do another 6 months promotion thing. I mean if you're asking players to sub for 6 months, it would be pretty stupid to do that every 3 months, since many players would be like "uhm... I still have 3 months active from the last promotion you did".

The original plan was most likely to have the next 6 months promotion in 3 months. Otherwise you'd be pumping these things out a bit too often. It's too much for players, even those willing to buy them would be getting to a point where they'd be like, slow down, I still have so much gametime active.

So when I say rushed I mean someone went "shit we need to get another one of those out NOW instead of in 3 months like we originally planned".

So the indication of this being "rushed" would be the fact that only 3 months have passed since the last one.

And the reason for that rush is, they know Shadowlands will still take some time to release. Lock in players now in terms of gametime, and you can make sure they'll stick around til Shadowlands releases and for the first few months of the expansion, even if it turns out that in Shadowlands, there isn't that much to do after release.
    Last edited by naleera; 2020-10-22 at 11:45 PM.