Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
LastLast
  1. #361
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,906
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I know what you are getting at here, but I wouldn't call a group of like ten people here at MMO-Champion "everyone and their mother".
    Yeah...I keep forgetting that - helps to take a look at how many ppl can and do post here atm...and that is 268. https://www.mmo-champion.com/forum.php

    But I bet somebody will claim this is all the subs WoW has right now

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by naleera View Post
    You're right. In terms of quality it's actually pretty good. In terms of taste it's horrible. It's a matter of taste, but if you like it, you just have no taste.
    Or you have no taste. People like different things and fashion is one of those things that are highly subjective. Transmog is proof of this with WoW. Its clear that the original plan was to have it for people to subscribe for 6-months around the launch of the next expansion. That is likely why it also extends to mid December instead of the usual 3-4 weeks. To account for the delay or the people that will pick it up at launch.

    But if their target audience is people that normally subscribe for 6-months as you claim then there would no reason to panic now. Because they are giving it out for free to those who are already locked into a 6-month subscription from the last time around. There is little to indicate they released this out of panic. It likely was planned to go live around now. The only surprising thing is that they didn't delay it for the changed release date in my opinion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It's not an MTX, it's a loyalty reward. If you spent one second to think before you posted drivel, you'd understand the difference.
    I have been paying monthly since release (reasons). did not get loyalty rewards. IF anything I should be getting more than anyone for paying the highest.
    It has nothing to do with being loyal.
    It just looks like.

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I have been paying monthly since release (reasons). did not get loyalty rewards. IF anything I should be getting more than anyone for paying the highest.
    It has nothing to do with being loyal.
    It just looks like.
    You would have gotten a nice statue for one if that were true.

    And 1 month at a time isn't loyalty even if it is every month. YOu get discounts for going more at once, this happens in pretty much all businesses. I know I gave discounts and rewards(other services) for prepaying customers.

  5. #365
    @SirBeef yes I have it. and it seems I am just an idiot for paying monthly. and no, no one can ever convince me after all the shit blizzard pulled this whole bfa fuckfest.

    and I am so fucking fed up with repeating again but I am a person who said here like2 years ago, "if blizzard packed a shit, I would pre-order it day 1 without hesitation".

    This years of loyalty and admiration simply turned into disgust. I want this game to thrive, I owe so much to it but what blizzard and its shills do is simply unbearable at this point. No acceptance of any valid concerns, criticism. People who defend what blizzard does atm are the reason this game is getting worse and worse each day.

    now we have transmog tab in the shop. well fucking good job. we can have low res items maybe in game. as the team will be developing high res transmog sets for real money full time. Now we will see why tier sets were removed.

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I have been paying monthly since release (reasons). did not get loyalty rewards. IF anything I should be getting more than anyone for paying the highest. It has nothing to do with being loyal. It just looks like.
    Something can be a loyalty reward without rewarding all loyalty. The fact they give it out to existing 6-month subscribers makes it more of a loyalty reward then anything else. They are making the statement of "Stick with us for 6-months and get a free item of $20 to $25 value.". It might not be a great loyalty system but it still is a basic one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    now we have transmog tab in the shop. well fucking good job. we can have low res items maybe in game. as the team will be developing high res transmog sets for real money full time. Now we will see why tier sets were removed.
    Transmog items have been sold since 2013. This isn't why tier sets are being removed. People that oppose your view are not shills or ruining the game. The reason why the game gets worse and worse is due more to players like you who seem to dislike the game a lot but still stick around. And just let their dislike fester and rot instead of just quitting and never looking back.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Something can be a loyalty reward without rewarding all loyalty. The fact they give it out to existing 6-month subscribers makes it more of a loyalty reward then anything else. They are making the statement of "Stick with us for 6-months and get a free item of $20 to $25 value.". It might not be a great loyalty system but it still is a basic one.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Transmog items have been sold since 2013. This isn't why tier sets are being removed. People that oppose your view are not shills or ruining the game. The reason why the game gets worse and worse is due more to players like you who seem to dislike the game a lot but still stick around. And just let their dislike fester and rot instead of just quitting and never looking back.
    how come I am the problem? I have been in love with this game since 15~16? I did all it offers. I still do what I enjoy.
    I still (try to) do m+ and raiding HC.
    I never touch wq, pet battles, and arena.
    If you do what you enjoy all the power to you.

    But How can I enjoy the game, when I had to change a total of 6 guilds through this whole BFA? why does every guild is disbanding? where are people going? I am so depressed each time when we get aotc, the guild disband never to return again. Each time the stress of finding a new guild.

    I have never ever had this problem. NEVER. People are leaving. How can I enjoy when others leave? if these 6 months working there would be people I could play with. They are just milking the game atm. It is dying and I am so terribly sad to see it in this state.

    I have no problem with the game, systems (not in favor of borrowed powers but np), class balance etc. If you do not think all these 6 months is not a scam, shady practice whatever, if you think game is in good health, I have nothing to say.

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    You didn't get shit for free. You paid for six months of gametime.
    If I walk into a restaurant that I eat at every day, order the same meal I do every day, and they give me a pie for buying the same meal I was going to buy anyway, I'd consider that getting something for free.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    how come I am the problem?
    I already answered that. You called anyone who defends Blizzard as part of the problem just because you are currently unhappy with things. If you can't enjoy the game because you can't find a stable guild then stop playing. Blizzard delaying an product that isn't ready is not scam or a shady practice. They have done six month rewards all of BfA. If you don't like it then don't buy a 6-month time block.

    You can't say most of the game is fine, except for guild stability, while trying to imply that I am bad for thinking the game is fine. Quit if you find the game to have no enjoyment or to be unhealthy. Don't buy 6-months of game time. There is no scam or shady practice unless you are addicted and unable to stop playing/paying if you are not happy. You can always come back when it is released.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    But How can I enjoy the game, when I had to change a total of 6 guilds through this whole BFA? why does every guild is disbanding? where are people going? I am so depressed each time when we get aotc, the guild disband never to return again. Each time the stress of finding a new guild.
    Thats just "you" problem. Not every guild is disbanding, that is a nonsense. Actually during BfA I had more stable guilds than any other previous expansions. When you count actual people leaving.

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by naleera View Post
    You're right. In terms of quality it's actually pretty good. In terms of taste it's horrible. It's a matter of taste, but if you like it, you just have no taste.
    So you admit it's a matter of taste, and taste is a subjective matter, and yet you treat it as some sort of objective quality? You boggle my mind with this logic.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  12. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I already answered that. You called anyone who defends Blizzard as part of the problem just because you are currently unhappy with things. If you can't enjoy the game because you can't find a stable guild then stop playing.
    This mind set is what makes wow empty. People are leaving. Instead of dismissing their concern you ignore and just do not play it. Sure I do not play. 1 more less person. Until when? Do not you want this game to thrive?

  13. #373
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathfaern View Post
    New transmog set tied to 6 months sub? "Right before" a new expansion? That cannot happen. So it means they don't expect that Shadowlands is coming sooner than at least 3+ months, but rather 4-5.
    People are going to say this every time this happens? Because they've already done this 5 times. 6 month subs come with a free cosmetic item. And Asmongold is going to post the same video of him going "NO NO NO I DON'T LIKE THIS" every time

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    @SirBeef yes I have it. and it seems I am just an idiot for paying monthly. and no, no one can ever convince me after all the shit blizzard pulled this whole bfa fuckfest.

    and I am so fucking fed up with repeating again but I am a person who said here like2 years ago, "if blizzard packed a shit, I would pre-order it day 1 without hesitation".

    This years of loyalty and admiration simply turned into disgust. I want this game to thrive, I owe so much to it but what blizzard and its shills do is simply unbearable at this point. No acceptance of any valid concerns, criticism. People who defend what blizzard does atm are the reason this game is getting worse and worse each day.

    now we have transmog tab in the shop. well fucking good job. we can have low res items maybe in game. as the team will be developing high res transmog sets for real money full time. Now we will see why tier sets were removed.
    Never claimed you were an idiot. As a business owner that offered a monthly, really every 5-7 week service, and even though my customer retention was 90%, I could not expect non prepaid customers to be customers after every treatment.

    There is a reason you get discounts when renting if you lock yourself into a yearly lease vs month to month. There was a reason I offered discounts and gave discounted and sometimes free additional services to customers who paid for the year upfront.

    Absolutely I appreciated all my customers, they all were give top quality service. But you cant count on people like you to be there month after month just because you were there last month. Offering free cosmetics to those that lock themselves in to a longer period is SOP in business.

    You can cry all you want over a cosmetics tab. I think it looks awful, similarly to the SL preorder mog. But guess what? Mythic raiders and top end PvPers have been getting flashier gear since WoD. And have you seen the gear recently that is not from raids? If you really think WoW is going to go PoE and only put good looking gear(subjective anyways) you are nuts. Been hearing this slippery slope crap since the first mounts and pets were added, yet still no power, and still way more cooler mounts and pets ingame than exist on the shop.

  15. #375
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    This mind set is what makes wow empty. People are leaving. Instead of dismissing their concern you ignore and just do not play it. Sure I do not play. 1 more less person. Until when? Do not you want this game to thrive?
    The game is still thriving. What you ignore is that people also come back to the game and start playing again. It isn't a one way street.

  16. #376
    Putting transmog on the in-game shop makes the game objectively worse.

    Imagine they start putting tier-sets on there in the future.

    "-Oh you could grind this out for weeks, or buy it from here instantly for 30$...."

    See what Im talking about here? Its stupid and bad for the game longterm and we shouldnt enable them.



    Just look at the like/dislike ratio and the comments on the video.
    Last edited by Melliodas; 2020-10-23 at 12:12 PM.

  17. #377
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Putting transmog on the in-game shop makes the game objectively worse.

    Imagine they start putting tier-sets on there in the future.

    "-Oh you could grind this out for weeks, or buy it from here instantly for 30$...."

    See what Im talking about here? Its stupid and bad for the game longterm and we shouldnt enable them.



    Just look at the like/dislike ratio and the comments on the video.
    It literally proves that insecurity and mass hysteria does exist.


  18. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    It literally proves that insecurity and mass hysteria does exist.
    Yeah just dismiss every different opinion than yours as "mass hysteria" that sure makes it easy doesnt it?

    Doesnt look like a whole lot of people are happy about the in-game store bullshittery though, which is reassurring.

  19. #379
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    how come I am the problem? I have been in love with this game since 15~16? I did all it offers. I still do what I enjoy.
    I still (try to) do m+ and raiding HC.
    I never touch wq, pet battles, and arena.
    If you do what you enjoy all the power to you.

    But How can I enjoy the game, when I had to change a total of 6 guilds through this whole BFA? why does every guild is disbanding? where are people going? I am so depressed each time when we get aotc, the guild disband never to return again. Each time the stress of finding a new guild.

    I have never ever had this problem. NEVER. People are leaving. How can I enjoy when others leave? if these 6 months working there would be people I could play with. They are just milking the game atm. It is dying and I am so terribly sad to see it in this state.

    I have no problem with the game, systems (not in favor of borrowed powers but np), class balance etc. If you do not think all these 6 months is not a scam, shady practice whatever, if you think game is in good health, I have nothing to say.
    Dude, I must have changed guilds at least 20 times before I found a good hime during Cata. While the fits were it good and some fell apart I was still having fun playing the game. Hell, today it's even easier to raid and not be in a guild if that is your thing.

  20. #380
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Yeah just dismiss every different opinion than yours as "mass hysteria" that sure makes it easy doesnt it?

    Doesnt look like a whole lot of people are happy about the in-game store bullshittery though, which is reassurring.
    You are dismissing everyone who disagrees with you by trying to claim youtube dislikes as proof you are right. It does not prove you right at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •