Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Fun fact, the Blizzard store came about because of those cards. It was because Blizzard were not getting 100% royalties from the company making the WoW TCG at the time and were instead just in a partnership. So Blizzard started their own in game shop to sell items so they could claim the full profit and cut out any middle man.

Not relevant to the topic but I thought I'd mention. I partly blame those TCG cards that started it, but we know its mostly company greed and the following of trends from market research and shareholders telling companies 'we need to make more money'. So they drop these little breadcrumbs in to get people invested.

As I said before I aint even bothered by this item being in the shop. I stopped moaning about microtransactions in Blizzard games back in WoD, Blizzard are set on their ways going forward, this is the company now, it looks lovely and I am sure those devs that worked so hard on this piece will get hardly anything from it and instead be used to buy Bobby Kotick another house. Hooray for capitalism.
    Shareholders don't say squat to the company and there is nothing greedy about what they are doing. The only one greedy here is you with your need to have everything given to you for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrV1ndictive View Post
    I don't understand why like 3 people in this thread have pounced at this dude when what he said isn't exactly a big leap of logic...
    He copied word for word what Asmongold said and then tried to claim he doesn't listen to Asmongold. They are pouncing on him for lying.

I don't understand why like 3 people in this thread have pounced at this dude when what he said isn't exactly a big leap of logic...
    Because people don't form their own opinions, but prefer to regurgitate, literally word for word, things that streamers say, while at the same time pretending it's their own opinion.

If you wanted to be honest with this kind of a post, you'd posted "Asmongold said this and that". What those people are doing instead, is repeating one person's opinion as their own, pretending it's their individual independent opinion, and creating an illusion that more people than one have this opinion. This is false and should be called out.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Because people don't form their own opinions, but prefer to regurgitate, literally word for word, things that streamers say, while at the same time pretending it's their own opinion.

If you wanted to be honest with this kind of a post, you'd posted "Asmongold said this and that". What those people are doing instead, is repeating one person's opinion as their own, pretending it's their individual independent opinion, and creating an illusion that more people than one have this opinion. This is false and should be called out.
    idk, guess I don't think opinions are protected under copyright. Whether he copied Asmongold or not, what was said isn't incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Pretty sure Dreadwake was not immediately available for purchase.
    yes it was.

- - - Updated - - -

idk, guess I don't think opinions are protected under copyright. Whether he copied Asmongold or not, what was said isn't incorrect.
    no one here is trying to sue him.

but when he says word for word the exact same thing asmon said, its obvious he watched him, now you are just being crazy.

It's not about copyright. It's about using someone else's opinion as your own. And no it is not correct because it is an opinion, not fact. Opinions cannot be correct or incorrect because they are subjective.

the wings look kind of ok not so much for that other piece

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because it’s not his thoughts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Shareholders don't say squat to the company and there is nothing greedy about what they are doing. The only one greedy here is you with your need to have everything given to you for free.
    As I said I don't give a shit... I am getting it for free with my reoccurring 6 month sub anyway, what are you ragging about lol

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes it was.

but when he says word for word the exact same thing asmon said, its obvious he watched him, now you are just being crazy.
    tbh i'm not even saying you're wrong and he didn't, but i also don't really understand the issue if he does happen to agree with it. i guess this is just a thing I won't understand :P

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    As I said I don't give a shit... I am getting it for free with my reoccurring 6 month sub anyway, what are you ragging about lol
    Your false statements.

Finally an armor set for those with poor taste.

And the Transmog shop, should be raising some alarm bells. (If there are any left to raise at this point...)
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

tbh i'm not even saying you're wrong and he didn't, but i also don't really understand the issue if he does happen to agree with it. i guess this is just a thing I won't understand :P
    Then use your own words to give your opinion. Don't use someone else's opinion word for word as your own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your false statements.
    Okay boot licker. calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    legit so mad we never got anything for the eye... legit debating ditching it...
    You get the ability to understand Shath'Yar, but that is a bit underwhelming for the loss of a head transmog.

I really don't care about xmog in the store, or mounts really. This also looks awful so who really cares.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I really don't care about xmog in the store, or mounts really. This also looks awful so who really cares.
    Those that like how it looks.

Number one this is beyond the point. Even if you were posting objective truths, but without thinking about it at all and just repeating someone's utterances word for word it would still be lame. Especially if you get caught lying about it.

Number two, what he said isn't in the dimension of correct or incorrent. It's an opinion. Personally I like the ny'alotha set much more than the 6-month set, each to their own.

As for the other other things - he is actually factually incorrect. Transmogs were sold in the shop before. Also, it's not only wow that has subscription and mtx on top of that. Both these are incorrect.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Those that like how it looks.
    Then they can get it, and people will roll their eyes at all 15 of them.

I understand that there is a "slippery slope" argument to be made about supporting MTX xmog, but it's been years... the in-game store came out 6-8 years ago and there were MTX before that anyway. This isn't some major problem, even with last years fast moving MTX cycle there are still exponentially more content available in game.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Then they can get it, and people will roll their eyes at all 15 of them.

I understand that there is a "slippery slope" argument to be made about supporting MTX xmog, but it's been years... the in-game store came out 6-8 years ago and there were MTX before that anyway. This isn't some major problem, even with last years fast moving MTX cycle there are still exponentially more content available in game.
    If you think only 15 players will get it, you are not thinking as everyone with a 6 month sub will get it for free. As it is, people who roll their eyes at people using that transmog are irrelevant. Their opinion of it does not invalidate the opinion of those who like it.

another sad store item.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor