Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    It's a free reward if you sub for 6 months. Loyalty rewards, veteran rewards, whatever you call them are a pro for the game, not a con. You save money and get free stuff, what is to complain about here?
    It's a limited time reward for a 6-month sub, after that you have to straight up buy it and you can't earn it in the game. It could've been a reward for something you do in the game but Blizzard knows enough people will just buy it so that's what you get.

    On top of that, Blizzard started doing the 6 month sub rewards because they fear a lot of people unsubscribing in that timeframe. So whenever they have a 6 month sub reward, they are signaling to players "there won't be any new content for a while, so we have to trick you into subbing for 6 months".
    Last edited by tippi; 2020-10-20 at 06:58 PM.

  2. #102
    Bloodsail Admiral MORGATH99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    SOMEWHERE ONLY SHE KNOWS
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    hahaha your post complaining about something baited people to also complain about it hahaha
    this just came on

    that was my entire post when did i complain i dont give a damn about the mog if you like it buy it same as other store stuff i dont care what ppl think about ill get it if i like it if not its ok . i never complain you need to read better

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by tippi View Post
    It's a limited time reward for a 6-month sub, after that you have to straight up buy it and you can't earn it in the game. It could've been a reward for something you do in the game but Blizzard know enough people will just buy it so that's what you get.

    On top of that, Blizzard started doing the 6 month sub rewards because they fear a lot of people unsubscribing in that timeframe. So whenever they have a 6 month sub reward, they are signaling to players "there won't be any new content for a while, so we have to trick you into subbing for 6 months".
    Not why they are doing it. These offers have zero to do with the state of the expansion because they do them every six months even when an expansion releases.

  4. #104
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,024
    Quote Originally Posted by tippi View Post
    It's a limited time reward for a 6-month sub, after that you have to straight up buy it and you can't earn it in the game. It could've been a reward for something you do in the game but Blizzard know enough people will just buy it so that's what you get.

    On top of that, Blizzard started doing the 6 month sub rewards because they fear a lot of people unsubscribing in that timeframe. So whenever they have a 6 month sub reward, they are signaling to players "there won't be any new content for a while, so we have to trick you into subbing for 6 months".
    I don't think that last point is actually true, because the timing of previous 6-month sub rewards doesn't seem to match up with it. Also, it's obviously not true right now, because the expansion is coming out in probably 4+ weeks, including new content sooner than that, so people are going to have a ton to do for quite a while. So yeah that's definitely not true.
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I don't think that last point is actually true, because the timing of previous 6-month sub rewards doesn't seem to match up with it. Also, it's obviously not true right now, because the expansion is coming out in probably 4+ weeks, including new content sooner than that, so people are going to have a ton to do for quite a while. So yeah that's definitely not true.
    Their previous offer is getting close to 6 months ago so time to make a new offer. They absolutely are independent of where the expansion is in development.

  6. #106
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,024
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not why they are doing it. These offers have zero to do with the state of the expansion because they do them every six months even when an expansion releases.
    Yeah that was my understanding too. There have been a bunch of these. It seems more like this is seen as a "safe" way to introduce buyable stuff because it causes less of a ruckus than actually putting it into the shop.

    Not fond of transmog stuff being shop-bought though.
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not why they are doing it. These offers have zero to do with the state of the expansion because they do them every six months even when an expansion releases.
    Only recently.They used to be more rare. First time was in Cataclysm. People subbed for 6 months and then found out that they got tricked into a 6 month sub during a content drought. That's when more and more people started to be critical of Blizzard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I don't think that last point is actually true, because the timing of previous 6-month sub rewards doesn't seem to match up with it. Also, it's obviously not true right now, because the expansion is coming out in probably 4+ weeks, including new content sooner than that, so people are going to have a ton to do for quite a while. So yeah that's definitely not true.
    Yeah the entirety of BFA was a trainwreck. Subs are bleeding dry. This is to counteract it. That is why they've done it more frequently recently.

  8. #108
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,024
    Quote Originally Posted by tippi View Post
    Yeah the entirety of BFA was a trainwreck. Subs are bleeding dry. This is to counteract it.
    That's not what you just said, though. You just claimed, literally, in your previous post, that it was because of an UPCOMING content drought, not because "BfA was a trashfire" or whatever. That's a completely different claim. Make your mind up.
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

  9. #109
    Banned FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,040
    Quote Originally Posted by tippi View Post
    It's a limited time reward for a 6-month sub, after that you have to straight up buy it and you can't earn it in the game. It could've been a reward for something you do in the game but Blizzard knows enough people will just buy it so that's what you get.

    On top of that, Blizzard started doing the 6 month sub rewards because they fear a lot of people unsubscribing in that timeframe. So whenever they have a 6 month sub reward, they are signaling to players "there won't be any new content for a while, so we have to trick you into subbing for 6 months".
    I much rather get something for free, or later buy it for 180k through token. then have to pay 2000$ for it (brutosaur)

  10. #110
    is this a joke? it looks completely ridiculous, who would want to wear such a transmog?

    I had a good laugh though.

  11. #111
    Goldshire is going to look FABULOUS this season on Moonguard!

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    That's not what you just said, though. You just claimed, literally, in your previous post, that it was because of an UPCOMING content drought, not because "BfA was a trashfire" or whatever. That's a completely different claim. Make your mind up.
    every time they do a 6 month sub reward it is because they want to tie people to the game

    make sure they don't leave because they don't want to play anymore

    whether it's because of "no content" or "there is content but it's shit" doesn't matter

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I much rather get something for free, or later buy it for 180k through token. then have to pay 2000$ for it (brutosaur)
    what does it mean to get it for free? you have someone who buys it for you? why do you keep repeating here that you got this for free?

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    no one does
    I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of people who do. I won't buy it because I don't want to but I'm not arrogant enough to confuse my view with everyone's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  14. #114
    Banned FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,040
    Quote Originally Posted by tippi View Post
    every time they do a 6 month sub reward it is because they want to tie people to the game

    make sure they don't leave because they don't want to play anymore

    whether it's because of "no content" or "there is content but it's shit" doesn't matter

    - - - Updated - - -



    what does it mean to get it for free? you have someone who buys it for you? why do you keep repeating here that you got this for free?
    I got it for free because i have a recurring 6 month sub, and when these get added they just get sent straight to my giftbox, a nice little surprise, ive been doing 6 month subs since like... 2010 so literally i dont care, these are 100% free to me.

  15. #115
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,024
    Quote Originally Posted by tippi View Post
    every time they do a 6 month sub reward it is because they want to tie people to the game

    make sure they don't leave because they don't want to play anymore

    whether it's because of "no content" or "there is content but it's shit" doesn't matter
    That doesn't make much sense mate. Your argument is so broad, too, that there isn't a time in WoW's history you couldn't argue it was the case.

    It looks a lot more like they tried this years ago, and realized that if they keep doing it, they can keep a lot of people renewing 6-month subs when they might otherwise not renew (which happens even when content isn't "shit" or non-existent).
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    It's a free reward if you sub for 6 months. Loyalty rewards, veteran rewards, whatever you call them are a pro for the game, not a con. You save money and get free stuff, what is to complain about here?
    Apparently paying for a 6 month sub and getting 1 month free + 1 free item (mount in past, now this) is a bad thing. Yes, I'm being sarcastic, but that's what majority of these people see it as.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Maximum casual trash MTX, ima assume ppl who use this mainly farms tmog with their playtime.
    Out of curiosity what is so wrong with farming transmog during play time? It'd be the same as someone spamming dungeons, islands, quests, M+, raids or farming when they play. You make it sound like a bad thing for wanting to collect various pieces that have been added to the game.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I got it for free because i have a recurring 6 month sub, and when these get added they just get sent straight to my giftbox, a nice little surprise, ive been doing 6 month subs since like... 2010 so literally i dont care, these are 100% free to me.
    well that just means you've paid way more for WoW than most people

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by tippi View Post
    It's a limited time reward for a 6-month sub, after that you have to straight up buy it and you can't earn it in the game. It could've been a reward for something you do in the game but Blizzard knows enough people will just buy it so that's what you get.
    All the more reason why it is a loyalty reward. Loyalty rewards are usually time limited offers. If it was an in-game reward for doing something then it wouldn't be the same. It'd be essentially another "quest".

    Quote Originally Posted by tippi View Post
    On top of that, Blizzard started doing the 6 month sub rewards because they fear a lot of people unsubscribing in that timeframe. So whenever they have a 6 month sub reward, they are signaling to players "there won't be any new content for a while, so we have to trick you into subbing for 6 months".
    Because you know Blizzard's exact reasoning on things? Sure, this could be it but it could also be they decided to start doing loyalty rewards etc. with this type of system. They could just not offer it individually or say you can't use b.net balance (gold conversion) to purchase it either.

    Quote Originally Posted by tippi View Post
    well that just means you've paid way more for WoW than most people
    Eh just means they have continually played. There are people who enjoy the game for what it is and don't need to complain about everything or see one thing wrong and go "unsub". Also, over time if they paid for 6 month sub each time they essentially got 20 months free almost 2 years so they'd be paying less than some.

  19. #119
    So setting aside the blatant "we need to keep people locked in to pad the numbers for the first quarter of Shadowlands", which does not inspire confidence, for a minute: Whats the deal with mmo players and Wings?

    Go back to shit like Aion and Flyff and earlier stuff i can't even remember its like the mmo version of "see that mountain? you can climb it."/"you can do anything". Why are mmo players such suckers for wings added to their character?
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Apparently paying for a 6 month sub and getting 1 month free + 1 free item (mount in past, now this) is a bad thing. Yes, I'm being sarcastic, but that's what majority of these people see it as.
    Nobody is saying that getting something for free is bad. That's a straight up strawman. As a mod you should do better.

    People don't like it for the reasons I've outlined earlier

    It's a cheap trick to get people to sub when normally they probably wouldn't. Yes some people get it "for free" because they'd sub anyway, but you'd also get it for free if it dropped in the game.

    Blizzard cares more about extracting extra money from gullible people (you've already paid for the game, any game developer asking for extra money for items deserves the middle finger) than about putting interesting rewards into the game.

    As someone has pointed out, this set, even though it looks absolutely horrible in terms of taste, in terms of quality it is better than even the raid sets we got. It took more effort to create this. In the same way that many mounts on the shop are of higher quality than the things we get in the game.

    And then look at the sets we get in the content they just released. Exile's Reach. 8 armor sets, but all of them reused, either straight up copied or recolors. They could've taken the time that went into creating this fairy set and actually put it into creating a new set for Exile's Reach. Even if it was just one set, shared by all armor types and by Alliance and Horde, it would have been better than recycling old sets, and selling the new set on the store.

    Now I have to ask. What is in it for you? Why do you defend Blizzard over this? There seems to be no reason why you would. All this does is make the game worse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •