Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What about the people that spend real money on cards to get in-game loot? Were they ever an issue to people who don't like this?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

FFXIV does this no one cares.

WoW does this everyone loses their mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    I'm not even WATCHING Asmongold dude. This is common sense shit. Don't belittle people making a valid argument, this only helps scummy business
    well guess what, i got mine for free...
    But then i bought it just to piss you off :P
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Cathfaern View Post
    New transmog set tied to 6 months sub? "Right before" a new expansion? That cannot happen. So it means they don't expect that Shadowlands is coming sooner than at least 3+ months, but rather 4-5.
    NO it does not. THe last 6 month deal is running out. Time to offer something new. It has ZERO to do with when they expect Shadowlands to release which is still this year.

7+ Year Old Account
    New transmog set tied to 6 months sub? "Right before" a new expansion? That cannot happen. So it means they don't expect that Shadowlands is coming sooner than at least 3+ months, but rather 4-5.
    its literally been exactly 6 months since the last one... it has nothing to do with shadowlands being late, its just every 6 months they do one of these for literally 2 years now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What about the people that spend real money on cards to get in-game loot? Were they ever an issue to people who don't like this?
    idk why people think this is bullshit but were fine with collectors edition pets, and TCG pets/mounts/toys that have all been around since vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    FFXIV does this no one cares.

WoW does this everyone loses their mind.
    yeah pretty much, FF14 is like WAY worse, but people only care about wow doing it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    I dont like blizzard and MTX in my subscription game
    I’m curious as to how you saw what OP was talking about when nobody else could?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    well guess what, i got mine for free...
    But then i bought it just to piss you off :P
    Couldn't be me.

I could be mad about MTX transmogs...

But that is literally the ugliest set.

This was already cooked up before the delay, most likely.

It was set to drop the week before to get all the prepatch folks to buy another 6 months.

It's also available in the new "TRANSMOGS" tab for 20 bucks, I assume that part was done after the fact since the game isn't launching til later this year. My guess? There will be another 6 month purchase closer to the actual release date.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    i have a 6 month sub and havent get anything
    Really? If you have a recurring 6 month sub you get a free mount January and July. You might’ve missed the cut off for July’s one

umm do you get this for recurring 3 month sub too?

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    No, it's a 6 month or nothing, if you don't buy it ala carte from the shop in the transmog tab. They'd rather have your guaranteed money and 6 months of playtime than getting MORE money over 6 months with the option to quit playing their game if (more like, when) it launches broken and terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Really? If you have a recurring 6 month sub you get a free mount January and July. You might’ve missed the cut off for July’s one
    i meant anything of this new mog have all the 6 month sub mounts

Wonder how much hate I'll get for having it mogged on my panda and vulpera lol. Since it's time to retire the yeti suit.

Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    There are lots of suckers in this game happy and proud to give money to blizzard, they'd be stupid not to take advantage of it.
    Case in point:
    So because you play the game and enjoy it means you are a sucker?
    Eh, it's a 6 month promotion doesn't mean that by any means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    I could be mad about MTX transmogs...
    But that is literally the ugliest set.
    Better than the three helms they had before.
    Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    You only get it free with 6 month. Or you can buy it separately for $20

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    This was already cooked up before the delay, most likely.

It was set to drop the week before to get all the prepatch folks to buy another 6 months.

It's also available in the new "TRANSMOGS" tab for 20 bucks, I assume that part was done after the fact since the game isn't launching til later this year. My guess? There will be another 6 month purchase closer to the actual release date.
    1. no they do these literally every 6 months for 2 years now, so there is not gunna be another in a "couple months" another in 6 months
    2. its available to buy right out for those who dont want 6 months of sub, did the same with.. .again all the last 6 month subs

"Get for free with a 6 month sub, or buy it straight from the store on its own!"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    Screw you dude. Takes a pretty pathetic individual to just come in a thread to mock someone and not actually contribute to the discussion. The fact is that most BFA sets aren't completely 3D, whereas this new transmog set is.

Enjoy the future when more effort is put into transmog sets on the store as opposed to raid and pvp sets
    Awww so you got caught out copying word for word a streamers thoughts on this, proving you’re incapable of thinking for yourself, and yet you’re calling people pathetic? Really? Fucking really?

10+ Year Old Account
    For a limited time*, when you sign up for a 6-month subscription to World of Warcraft, you’ll also receive the gift of the Sprite Darter’s Wings, immediately available in your in-game appearance collection. If you’re currently on a 6-month recurring subscription with a future renewal date, you’ll receive Sprite Darter’s Wings as a gift in your Battle.net desktop app at no additional charge no later than October 30, 2020 (must be redeemed by April 30, 2021). for those with 6 month sub

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Fun fact, the Blizzard store came about because of those cards. It was because Blizzard were not getting 100% royalties from the company making the WoW TCG at the time and were instead just in a partnership. So Blizzard started their own in game shop to sell items so they could claim the full profit and cut out any middle man.

Not relevant to the topic but I thought I'd mention. I partly blame those TCG cards that started it, but we know its mostly company greed and the following of trends from market research and shareholders telling companies 'we need to make more money'. So they drop these little breadcrumbs in to get people invested.

As I said before I aint even bothered by this item being in the shop. I stopped moaning about microtransactions in Blizzard games back in WoD, I think the piece looks lovely. Not sure i'd personally wear it... doesn't really suit any class or race. :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-10-20 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. no they do these literally every 6 months for 2 years now, so there is not gunna be another in a "couple months" another in 6 months
    2. its available to buy right out for those who dont want 6 months of sub, did the same with.. .again all the last 6 month subs

"Get for free with a 6 month sub, or buy it straight from the store on its own!"
    Pretty sure Dreadwake was not immediately available for purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Awww so you got caught out copying word for word a streamers thoughts on this, proving you’re incapable of thinking for yourself, and yet you’re calling people pathetic? Really? Fucking really?
    I don't understand why like 3 people in this thread have pounced at this dude when what he said isn't exactly a big leap of logic...