Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    i have a 6 month sub and dont see it as a gift
    More like an insult if you ask me.

  2. #222
    Bloodsail Admiral Snowflakesz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,115
    People being outraged is just silly.

    New/additional sources of revenue is just inevitable.

    I hate Activision as much as anyone, but regardless of their influence, Blizzard is still a business.
    Keeping the lights on, or small profits won't cut it.

    Now, I think saying WoW is a dying game, is just asinine. But the player base is in a constant decline, it's just the world of gaming changing.
    Sure, there's been content droughts and bad expansions, but even without any of that, the player base would always be ever so slightly shrinking.
    MMO's is not all the rage anymore, and hasn't been for some time. And to this day, there's only a handful of MMO's who's managed to stay alive....

    I was watching Asmongold's reaction earlier tonight, I like him, but his reaction is silly.
    Not his exact wording, but his sentiment is pretty much: "They should just make the game good again, and get 50 million subs again instead of this bullshit".
    Even if they make Shadowlands the best expansion ever, that's simply not a feasible reality.

    Stop deluding yourself.
    Stop being "outraged" over everything, you child.
    Hate Activision all you like, I despise them, but stop pretending like we would be dealing with the early 2k Blizzard without their interference.

    Anyways, not making it exclusive to a 6 month gametime purchase is fair enough in my book.
    Not that I would ever buy this, the set is ugly, same as the helmet the released all those years ago.
    But If release something cool, I wouldn't mind buying it. As long as they don't start selling "improved" sets, already available, I don't have an issue with them selling transmogs.
    Last edited by Snowflakesz; 2020-10-20 at 08:07 PM.

  3. #223
    So it have come to this huh....who knew.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    Came here for FelPlague defending this, was not dissapointed.

    .
    I know it’s quite funny, its frothing at the mouth bad.

  5. #225
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,303
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Not really what I would class as the same thing.
    Pay real life money to get things ingame you cant get any other way? mmm i would call those microtransactions.

  6. #226

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    What about this then?



    My favorite so far LOL
    Transgender Big Bad Wolf from someones very very disturbing, bad dream?

  8. #228
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Asparuch View Post
    Transgender Big Bad Wolf from someones very very disturbing, bad dream?
    where does the transgender thing come in?
    You saying only trans people can enjoy... wings and teal hoodies?

  9. #229
    The Lightbringer Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    3,585
    Imagine being angry over a cosmetic
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Lol this free argument is good stuff.
    Keep going, guys.

    In this specific case, did the 6 month sub price increase with the addition of this set?
    If it did, it was not a "free gift" (you know, the redundant marketing lingo people use to trick the feeble).
    If the price didn't change, it is a "free gift" (see above re: redundant marketing lingo).

    The thing is, they give things like this away for "free", in some cases (such as this, when you buy 6 months sub) because they are, in fact, trying to purchase YOU to stay subbed longer by giving you these "value added bonuses", which are nothing more than actual valueless things.
    The cherry on top is, if you don't want to sub for 6 months (which, to be fair, is the better deal should you choose to play each month of its subscription), you get to pay actual money to get this.

    So, the answer to your argument is: It is both free and not free, at the same time.
    Blizzard is giving you a value added bonus in an attempt to get you to sub for longer (if you are not a 6 month subber) and remain around, while the ones who have revolving 6 month subs (auto-renew) just get it as a "thanks for your money".
    Yea I mean these kinds of things are never realy free and it's what I mentioned earlier is that when subbed.. you are already paying so here you go and thanks. As for pricing.. I have no idea, couldn't bother honestly.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-10-20 at 08:12 PM.

  11. #231
    Immortal Zandalarian Paladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Saurfang is the True Horde.
    Posts
    7,914
    I don't see who thought this was a good idea.

    I mean the set is nice. Definitely creative, but I like it.

    My issue is around the whole concept of how to obtain it - and the fact that blizzard prevent silly transmogs (like hallow's end and co.) outside of their respective period. It gives the impression that you get more transmogrification freedom if you pay.

  12. #232
    High Overlord ognomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Baja Califoria
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Bobby kotic does not work on wow, if blizz made literally 0 dollars he would still get 30 million dollar yearly bonus, i think you fail to realize a game needs to make decent money for it to be seen as worth to a company.

    if a company costs 10 billion to run, and only makes 11 billion, while yes thats 1 billion dollar made! thats only a 10% gain, that is not worth the risk, cause if something went wrong it could throw the entire company under.


    also lol "blizzard probably realised games like genshim impact can make 100 million dollars in under 1 month just from microtransactions"

    didnt know blizzard were time travelers and realized genshim impact could make 100 million in a month, so then they went back in time to 2004 to add microtransactions to their game.
    When I read this I just laughed, first, there is no company around that has a 10 billion budget to run other than a country. second, if you can't grow a company on a billion-dollar 10% gain your just greedy.
    I like Ah! my goddess, want to make some thing of it!

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashenhoof View Post
    Gods, the stupidity in this thread is again overwhelming.

    Instead of enjoying a free transmog, people just bitch.
    Ofc, because it's like in real life, right. If someone give his fresh shit (like literally shit) you enjoy it, because it's free...
    It's quite sad than dear sir.

  14. #234
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,303
    Quote Originally Posted by ognomad View Post
    When I read this I just laughed, first, there is no company around that has a 10 billion budget to run other than a country. second, if you can't grow a company on a billion-dollar 10% gain your just greedy.
    1. i think you fail to realize an example is just an example.
    2. a 10% gain is not enough, you need higher margins because that payment is too low of a risk.

  15. #235
    So glad they did this as I did not want to do a 6 month sub and I have zero interest in this transmog.

  16. #236
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Asparuch View Post
    Ofc, because it's like in real life, right. If someone give his fresh shit (like literally shit) you enjoy it, because it's free...
    It's quite sad than dear sir.
    idk if you know... but this transmog is not literal shit... if what is left inside the toliet after you go to the bathroom is a pile of pixels in the shape of a hoodie, you need to see a doctor.

  17. #237
    Hmm its pretty nice, In the ideal world it would've been an optainable item through ingame content but whatever, Cosmetic sets being sold for real money or as a 6 month sub reward, doesn't bother me.

    Wake me up when you can buy a full set of mythic gear straight from the store.

  18. #238
    I think this has to be the lowest effort they ever gave to their $$ vid.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Pay real life money to get things ingame you cant get any other way? mmm i would call those microtransactions.
    It’s a weak comparison, a few bonuses that no one hardly knew or cared about to a bribe tied to a 6 month subscription advertised in a in game shop. Whatever, you’ll defend it regardless and I’m not going to drawn on an argument on semantics.

    There is one saving grace to stuff like this, you can spot morons in game far easier.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    That's always subjective. I don't think there are any really good armor sets before MoP; the graphic fidelity just isn't comparable to modern models. Some Legion Class hall sets were decent. There are some PvP sets from WoD that I want to buy still. I liked the Dazar'alor and Nyalotha sets, while I think the first raid tier in Shadowlands looks awful; that opinion isn't shared by others posting comments on those pages. Meanwhile, some of the covenant sets look pretty good. Heritage armor has been mostly good, though there are some pieces that I've been replacing with others or hiding because they just don't fit (e.g. Worgen shoulders).
    TBC Tier 6 was so good they recycled it in legion. that's hardly subjective
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •