Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Earning gold is an in-game activity. Just because you convert it to two tokens doesn't change that you've earn it through in-game activities.
    Right, again this really needs to be pointed out to you and a few others. There is real world money being exchanged for this item. Someone has to buy said token.

Let me clarify it for you. I would much prefer this item as a "Direct" reward for completing in game activities. Be it a boss drop or an achievement for completing something. I figured it was pretty clear in my posts at what I was getting at.

I must point out, that not everyone has tons of gold to enable them to sell for Tokens. I for one don't have that amount of gold. IRL Money is not the issue, it is the principle. If people want to buy the item thats up to them. I won't shit on them for doing so. I just disagree with it only being on the store and you having to buy it there.

Seems to be the same silly style as the Blizzcon virtual ticket transmog set. So probably was supposed to be a reward from this year's Blizzcon. The trailer also seems like it was made in 10 minutes.

I got mine and I love it. The fact that the hood goes OVER the undead's spine is great. Some might not like the aesthetic for their characters, but all the detail and layers...even if it isn't your thing it's high quality. The only thing now is to find a weapon that goes with it. Too many dark/edgy weapons. If I could use a staff, that would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Well with how on the nose this new set is, it would be interesting to see some more things along those lines. Some people such as myself like to match transmog with mounts. Seeing sets to go along with others would be pretty cool and smart business too if they were to sell some bundles.

Sidenote: Can't the wow token be used as shop currency? Meaning you can get everything on the shop through in game means, so people who are mad that Blizz has been adding more shop items don't really have much of a leg to stand on the way I see it.
    Somebody made a thread on this. If you buy a token with gold, yes...I think you can convert it into the battle net balance and buy stuff from the shop.

But ofc people criticize that. When somebody has an agenda and want to dislike whatever the company does....there is not much luck in reasoning - https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...is-the-problem

Remember...we once got 12 months of WoW for the price of 10 months, plus a mount and free Diablo 3 - and then people complained how they got tricked and...so...I guess...whatever. Personal responsibility and being an adult suddenly goes out of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Right, again this really needs to be pointed out to you and a few others. There is real world money being exchanged for this item. Someone has to buy said token.
    So? You also have to pay real life money to keep access to and to use the item. It doesn't matter. You can earn any cash shop item in game by using gold and a token. If you don't have a ton of gold to make use of that method it still doesn't change anything. Because gold sink items exist regardless of being able to afford it or not. Earning an item through a carry, achievement, rep, grind etc is no different then earning enough gold to convert to tokens to buy said item.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Because you'll all buy it.
    I certainly wont, wouldn't use this shit even if they gave it to me for free

Goes quite well with RPing a spoony bard, gotta say. Though I generally don't use the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeptus Astartes View Post
    This is what I'm talking about.

Last time we got a game, now we get ... this atrocity.

And I'm totally thrilled that there's going to be a part of the cash shop for Transmogging.
    Last time we got a boat. Unless you're skipping that and going all the way to the annual pass in Cata/MoP.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So? You also have to pay real life money to keep access to and to use the item. It doesn't matter. You can earn any cash shop item in game by using gold and a token. If you don't have a ton of gold to make use of that method it still doesn't change anything. Because gold sink items exist regardless of being able to afford it or not. Earning an item through a carry, achievement, rep, grind etc is no different then earning enough gold to convert to tokens to buy said item.
    I will concede you are right about gold sink items. That does not change the fact that you have to directly buy this transmog item. I play blizzard to access the servers and play the game I want, the way I want. I don't want to additionally pay them for items rather than getting them from completing content and being rewarded directly. It is not that hard a concept to grasp.

I am not saying that people who do pay for it shouldn't it is their money and they are welcome to spend it how they wish. I will disagree with you and won't change my mind on it that gold farming (well playing the AH) is just like any other game activity. It is not on any level the same. I don't expect you will change your opinion either. So will leave it at that. You could argue the time taken for some achievements or drop rates and earning gold in the same amount of time would equal the same. I would probably agree there.

Every other day the bar gets lower and the mindless zombies defend any actions a billion dollar company does like they work for their pr. Except they don't get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I will concede you are right about gold sink items. That does not change the fact that you have to directly buy this transmog item. I play blizzard to access the servers and play the game I want, the way I want. I don't want to additionally pay them for items rather than getting them from completing content and being rewarded directly. It is not that hard a concept to grasp.

I am not saying that people who do pay for it shouldn't it is their money and they are welcome to spend it how they wish. I will disagree with you and won't change my mind on it that gold farming (well playing the AH) is just like any other game activity. It is not on any level the same. I don't expect you will change your opinion either. So will leave it at that. You could argue the time taken for some achievements or drop rates and earning gold in the same amount of time would equal the same. I would probably agree there.
    So you'd be fine if they put this on a vendor for 1m gold?

I think that'd be an interesting compromise. Put all the store stuff in game for gold at 5x the cost of what it'd be to buy tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Does FFXIV have a sub fee?
    Yes, and full priced expansions, and their shop has way more stuff in it than WoW does. Mounts, pets, a ton of cosmetic gear, emotes, player housing items, etc.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but what's currently going on in community is an absolute obsession and craze to criticize and trash this item in very unjust way, I even had multiple people spitting on me in capital city.. People are insane.

In my opinion this is a very stylish, and well made outfit that fits pretty much any character, it even looks great on big models like Tauren, making them wings look even bigger and more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    So you'd be fine if they put this on a vendor for 1m gold?

I think that'd be an interesting compromise. Put all the store stuff in game for gold at 5x the cost of what it'd be to buy tokens.
    But you can buy them directly from the store by converting tokens to battle.net balance.

On NA this transmog set would roughly be 140k gold, I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Yes, and full priced expansions, and their shop has way more stuff in it than WoW does. Mounts, pets, a ton of cosmetic gear, emotes, player housing items, etc.
    Cheers. Now I wonder indeed if ppl in FFXIV are okay with it or if there is a similar outrage against it like in WoW?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    I certainly wont, wouldn't use this shit even if they gave it to me for free
    Then hopefully you are not on a 6 months sub...because in that case they give it to you for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    No one cares. For every person that quits because of this, someone else starts playing because they absolutely love it.

I can only imagine how unstable you must be in everyday life in such a small thing completely tilts you. Time to grow up.
    You care or you wouldn't have come at me with such vapid, immature hostility over me not liking some childish cartoonish wings in a video game.

You also don't know anything about me whatsoever other than I don't like a video game with people wearing cartoon faerie dragon wings, and you think I am unstable and tilted? Time for YOU to grow up.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Cheers. Now I wonder indeed if ppl in FFXIV are okay with it or if there is a similar outrage against it like in WoW?
    Not that I've ever seen, though on the other hand it's pretty much always been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    On NA this transmog set would roughly be 140k gold, I think?
    280K if you figure 1 token is 140K. The cost of the item is $20 so you would have to buy 2 tokens since they only give $15 each.

But they were basically saying for people who are too lazy and find it against whatever reasoning then put a vendor in-game that marks it up 5X the price for those who are lazy or want to pretend there is some other reason in not buying it. Then it removes gold at the same time (the other just moves it).

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    You care or you wouldn't have come at me with such vapid, immature hostility over me not liking some childish cartoonish wings in a video game.

You also don't know anything about me whatsoever other than I don't like a video game with people wearing cartoon faerie dragon wings, and you think I am unstable and tilted? Time for YOU to grow up.
    Nobody complains about the item shop in FFXIV and many people buy things from ito n the regular. But FFXIV has a lot less people who give a shit about whining about every single little cosmetic thing that happens, and as the game provides plenty of transmog items outside of the shop, everyone is happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Then hopefully you are not on a 6 months sub...because in that case they give it to you for free.
    You don't have to claim them if you feel that strongly about it, or if you want to get rid of the icon you can claim it to a region you don't play on.