Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but what's currently going on in community is an absolute obsession and craze to criticize and trash this item in very unjust way, I even had multiple people spitting on me in capital city.. People are insane.

In my opinion this is a very stylish, and well made outfit that fits pretty much any character, it even looks great on big models like Tauren, making them wings look even bigger and more powerful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    So you'd be fine if they put this on a vendor for 1m gold?

I think that'd be an interesting compromise. Put all the store stuff in game for gold at 5x the cost of what it'd be to buy tokens.
    But you can buy them directly from the store by converting tokens to battle.net balance.

On NA this transmog set would roughly be 140k gold, I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    No one cares. For every person that quits because of this, someone else starts playing because they absolutely love it.

I can only imagine how unstable you must be in everyday life in such a small thing completely tilts you. Time to grow up.
    You care or you wouldn't have come at me with such vapid, immature hostility over me not liking some childish cartoonish wings in a video game.

You also don't know anything about me whatsoever other than I don't like a video game with people wearing cartoon faerie dragon wings, and you think I am unstable and tilted? Time for YOU to grow up.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Cheers. Now I wonder indeed if ppl in FFXIV are okay with it or if there is a similar outrage against it like in WoW?
    Not that I've ever seen, though on the other hand it's pretty much always been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    On NA this transmog set would roughly be 140k gold, I think?
    280K if you figure 1 token is 140K. The cost of the item is $20 so you would have to buy 2 tokens since they only give $15 each.

But they were basically saying for people who are too lazy and find it against whatever reasoning then put a vendor in-game that marks it up 5X the price for those who are lazy or want to pretend there is some other reason in not buying it. Then it removes gold at the same time (the other just moves it).

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    You care or you wouldn't have come at me with such vapid, immature hostility over me not liking some childish cartoonish wings in a video game.

You also don't know anything about me whatsoever other than I don't like a video game with people wearing cartoon faerie dragon wings, and you think I am unstable and tilted? Time for YOU to grow up.
    Nobody complains about the item shop in FFXIV and many people buy things from ito n the regular. But FFXIV has a lot less people who give a shit about whining about every single little cosmetic thing that happens, and as the game provides plenty of transmog items outside of the shop, everyone is happy.

Cheers. Now I wonder indeed if ppl in FFXIV are okay with it or if there is a similar outrage against it like in WoW?

- - - Updated - - -

Then hopefully you are not on a 6 months sub...because in that case they give it to you for free.
    You don't have to claim them if you feel that strongly about it, or if you want to get rid of the icon you can claim it to a region you don't play on.

- - - Updated - - -

Then hopefully you are not on a 6 months sub...because in that case they give it to you for free.
    Never seen outrage over it. It's generally well accepted.

My only complaint is that most of the items are character bound not account bound. (some are account bound and labeled as such) But I've spent some money in that shop since I started playing again shortly before the last expansion came out.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Really? So I can get it from a boss or completing an achievement? I don't have to spend money or convert gold into a token that I hope sells and turn it into battlnet balance?
    Converting gold you earn game is actually earning it in game. Not that hard to understand. Gold can be earned by killing bosses and also while hunting most achievements.
    So your snarky post is correct despite the snark.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Goes quite well with RPing a spoony bard, gotta say. Though I generally don't use the wings.
    when I saw the transmog, I was like "the hell?"
    well I won't buy the 6 monthes this time, it's ugly as hell
    when I saw that I got it because I already had my last 6 monthes actives, meh, it'll collect dust and stay unused on any characters

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Converting gold you earn game is actually earning it in game. Not that hard to understand. Gold can be earned by killing bosses and also while hunting most achievements.
    So your snarky post is correct despite the snark.
    Again I meant directly earned in game from doing the content. Getting the amount of gold required to buy tokens is not really that achievable with out a substantial time farming or investing in how to operate the AH. Apologies if it comes across Snarky, but I felt you were being overly coy about how people can buy the item with gold and make it seem super easy. It is not.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    So you'd be fine if they put this on a vendor for 1m gold?

I think that'd be an interesting compromise. Put all the store stuff in game for gold at 5x the cost of what it'd be to buy tokens.
    Not really, no. I find it kinda difficult to go and make the sums of money people do without investing a huge amount of time gold farming, or learning the AH. I just prefer to play the game and do content on it.

I am not saying gold sink items are wrong or they should go away. Maybe others find it fun to farm that amount of gold or to learn how to operate the AH to the point they can make vast sums of gold. That's how they enjoy the game and I am not going to police other peoples fun. I don't have any sort of easy answer for it.
    Last edited by khalltusk; 2020-10-22 at 07:44 AM.

Remember when the Warcraft Universe wasn't just a bunch of MLP BS run by 4 elven races ? Remember when it was all about savage orcs/trolls VS noble humans/dwarves, and not this crap ?

Man, things have gone so much south they're in antartica right now.. Glad I unsubbed months ago.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Because they could be putting that in-game so people that already pay sub can get it. Why? Because it doesn't have stats people who already pay sub don't deserve it or something? This is just the first of many. Sure this might look ugly but they're gonna make good ones eventually. Much better looking than the ones in-game. And then you're gonna look at the gear you get ingame and be like "well I pay 15$ for this garbage".

I don't understand people who use that excuse...
    But then they'd just complain that it's too difficult to unlock. We got a ton of new, FREE races this expansion which only required you to play the game to unlock them and people still constantly complained that the rep grind was too much for them. I passively unlocked every race just by playing. In my opinion, they were very easy to obtain. It doesn't matter what Blizzard does, people will always complain. I see nothing wrong with the in-game shop. Many games do the same thing. It's nothing out of the ordinary here.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Usual MMO-C news post = ~10 comments
    Some post about a (basically free) transmog = >500 comments

I think a lot of the lurkers are really triggered right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    Usual MMO-C news post = ~10 comments
    Some post about a (basically free) transmog = >500 comments

I think a lot of the lurkers are really triggered right now.
    I think its more the fact that this set is more high quality, with thought gone in on characters with long/big ears or horns so no clipping occurs, when heritage armour sets designed for one race do have clipping issues.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think its way better if we get tmog set with our 6months sub than a mount
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    Nobody complains about the item shop in FFXIV and many people buy things from ito n the regular. But FFXIV has a lot less people who give a shit about whining about every single little cosmetic thing that happens, and as the game provides plenty of transmog items outside of the shop, everyone is happy.
    I'm not whining, I am complaining, big difference. And I am complaining about one single thing from the shop, not 'every little thing' that comes out of it. Please don't try and warp my point around to attempt to make yours valid.

FFXIV is also an entirely different group of people, and I am not concerned with them whatsoever.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Yikes.

What the actual hell? So this just basically proves that the Wendigo outfit was them testing the waters.... what a joke.

Seriously they have the audacity to release a 20 dollar mtx after this mess of a pre patch and delaying the expansion? Judging by the fact it's 6 months Shadowlands is definitely not coming out this year now since they've released another "sub hook".

Watch them brag about record Q4 profits after firing 300 employees and then sticking this 6 month bundle or lone MTX up.

Nice to see that raid sets are gonna suffer more now so they can put more detailed transmogs on the store. Guess that's why BFA had absolutely no decent raid sets.

Disgusting. The video on their youtube channel deserves the 20k dislikes. There is no defending or rationalizing this move.
    Last edited by pepine; 2020-10-22 at 05:43 PM.

You pay for 5 months and get 6 months time + a free mog why the fuck are people complaining?

Indie developer Activision-Blizzard needs this MTX transmog money on top of the small amount of profits they make from the game subscription, in game store game upgrades/game services/mounts/pets/toys/bundles/wow token, expansion packs, Blizzcon tickets, official tournament entry fees, stock market share price increases, Twitch/YouTube advertisement revenue and official merch store.

With a net income of $1.5 billion USD in 2019... they need this transmog money to stay afloat!
    Last edited by LookAtYou; 2020-10-27 at 02:37 PM.