Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Yes. 300k isnt a lot of gold and it will take you a month or so to make if you are chill about the auction house just reposting twice a day. The most time consuming part is the set up which can take a couple of months but when thats done its a lot of gold. Ive always been surprised when people say making gold is hard

- - - Updated - - -

There are a lot of cool and interesting mounts in-game -_- you just gotta farm them, heck some of the better ones from previous have become trivial to get
    But they're all the same old skeletons with a new paint job whereas most of the store mounts not only have unique skeletons for the models but they're also far more detailed than the mounts you can earn in game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You are absolutely part of the minority with that opinion. You can only get things like ghost ship mount from the in game store. Meanwhile, there's just piles of horse and raptor mounts in the game to earn without money.
    I find the ghost ship gaudy. But for every sparkly mount on the store there is a Heroic/Mythic SoO scorpion, BRF Ironhoof destroyer, or Core Hound in game. Actually more.
    Last edited by SirBeef; 2020-10-25 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Not that I agree with the OP, but this is an odd argument. If someone's money is so tight that they can't afford a six month sub, then they can't afford having a WoW sub in the first place. Upfront cost or not.
    For people with jobs sure. College students without rich parents may feel a little different about your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    So you're not playing the game because it's fun - you're playing it because it's a way to make money. You've just turned a video game into a job, and not a particularly well-paying one.
    A lot people have millions of gold and continue to easily make it based on their play style. But they don't spend it on the store. I use the gold each cycle to buy the expansion and maybe COD. Regardless the OP is trying to create controversy where it doesn't exist.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    You're not wrong, consumers are idiots.
    Gamers love right-wing capitalistic ideals until they get applied to video games.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I find the ghost ship gaudy. But for every sparkly mount on the store there is a Heroic/Mythic SoO scorpion, BRF Ironhoof destroyer, or Core Hound in game. Actually more.
    All three of the mounts you listed are just reskins. They're also nowhere near as detailed and smooth looking as store mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    For people with jobs sure. College students without rich parents may feel a little different about your statement.
    Not sure why you are making a clear distinction for college students. Need a little more explanation than they would "feel" differently?

All three of the mounts you listed are just reskins. They're also nowhere near as detailed and smooth looking as store mounts.
    Every single store mount besides heart of the aspects is a reskin. The dreadwake is just a slightly modified mimirons head
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Every single store mount besides heart of the aspects is a reskin. The dreadwake is just a slightly modified mimirons head
    ....What? No it isn't. The skeleton is way different. The textures of each store mount is also WORLDS better than anything available outside of the store.

Doesn't fucking matter. You shifted the goalposts from highly detailed and cool looking to unique skeletons.

Doesn't fucking matter. You shifted the goalposts from highly detailed and cool looking to unique skeletons.
    I didn't shift ANYTHING. Everything in the shop is far better looking texture wise than anything you can earn in game. I simply ADDED that the store mounts also have unique skeletons. If I was shifting the goalposts, then I wouldn't have continued to stay on topic. I still stand by the fact that the store mounts get unique skeletons and they also get far better tdetail.

I didn't shift ANYTHING. Everything in the shop is far better looking texture wise than anything you can earn in game. I simply ADDED that the store mounts also have unique skeletons. If I was shifting the goalposts, then I wouldn't have continued to stay on topic. I still stand by the fact that the store mounts get unique skeletons and they also get far better tdetail.
    Sure you did. You initially claimed it was all about texture and detail. I pointed out a few detailed and unique mounts not in the store, then you came back with but they have different skeletons. That's classic goalpost moving.

And everything in the shop isn't more detailed than everything in the game. Have you seen the PvP mounts. Thise are pretty detailed. Looks are subjective and you know it. So that really is a non point.

Sure you did. You initially claimed it was all about texture and detail. I pointed out a few detailed and unique mounts not in the store, then you came back with but they have different skeletons. That's classic goalpost moving.

And everything in the shop isn't more detailed than everything in the game. Have you seen the PvP mounts. Thise are pretty detailed. Looks are subjective and you know it. So that really is a non point.
    And the mounts you listed absolutely are nowhere near as polished as store mounts. I'm not moving the goalposts at all. If I was, you would have had to refute my point. You didn't so no goalpost have been moved. Just because you don't have a proper point doesn't mean I'm moving the goalposts.

Store mounts look far more polished and have much better animations. Some of the pvp mounts look nice but they're nothing compared to store mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Children just wanna be outraged, however minor or stupid it is....
    That is true, BUT it is not only about it costing 20€. There are so many issues with cosmetics in the game. Like clipping issues of the heritage armor for Nightborne. Let that sink in. Clipping issues for an armor set, which can only be worn by one race, for 2-3 years now, and yet the fucking fluffy dog mount got 2 fixes within days. DAYS. That is something to be outraged about imo, because it is treating customers like shit, even though they are already paying for expacs and subs.

Pandaren Monk
    do the store mounts look better/more detailed vs many in game ones because of effort on the part of designers, or are they just made more recently and benefiting from today lvl of tech vs previous years?
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    do the store mounts look better/more detailed vs many in game ones because of effort on the part of designers, or are they just made more recently and benefiting from today lvl of tech vs previous years?
    There is a lot of that going on. Each expansion has tons of Redskins, but since WoD they all look detailed with foot textures. I'd place all of the recent PvP mounts, hidden secrets mounts, and Order Hall mounts with or above all store mounts. All of them are in game and greatly outnumber the total amount of store mounts.

They have to stop adding "loyal customer" mounts into the shop for cash.
    It should be continuous sub rewards without being able to buy loyalty for 20$. You have been subbed for 6 months in a row? Pick one.
    This limited time bs plus adding it to the store is a major scumbag move by a buy+sub game and I get those items. Blizz is trying to still be a sub to play game while having f2p game MTX in it and it does not matter what other gold sinks there are. I won't accept this crap until blizz lets transfer my bnet balance into my bank acc.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    They have to stop adding "loyal customer" mounts into the shop for cash.
    It should be continuous sub rewards without being able to buy loyalty for 20$. You have been subbed for 6 months in a row? Pick one.
    This limited time bs plus adding it to the store is a major scumbag move by a buy+sub game and I get those items. Blizz is trying to still be a sub to play game while having f2p game MTX in it and it does not matter what other gold sinks there are. I won't accept this crap until blizz lets transfer my bnet balance into my bank acc.
    Do you play? Then you are supporting this practice you abhor. Do you not play? Then you could choose to justbignire what they do. I play and don't use the shop.

Do you play? Then you are supporting this practice you abhor. Do you not play? Then you could choose to justbignire what they do. I play and don't use the shop.
    I do play and I criticize what they are doing. Will I quit over this? No. I am just giving feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I do play and I criticize what they are doing. Will I quit over this? No. I am just giving feedback.
    It's not going to stop because a large amount of the players like it. So might as well just ignore it. However, they all can be obtained through in game means, so it really us a moot point.