Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Like to see a percentage of people that bought that that abused the mission table in WoD
    Garrison tables didnt really net you that much gold relative to now

Remember when Token prices were 16k???

Legion is were inflation really runaway

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    that's how it works. you start small and add little bits here and there, at every step of the way "oh it's not so bad compared to x", until a few years later and suddenly all the good stuff is on the store and they bring out a new $20+ thing every month, and we'll probably reach that point in shadowlands considering were at 1 thing every 3 months in BFA.

but hey at least i haven't heard a developer say "gaming has never been cheaper" for a couple of years now.
    Excvept this is utterly false. Blizzard shop is still the same as it has been since day 1. Those other shops actually have pay to win items in their shops which Blizzard never has.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Crafting makes you a ton of gold what are you on??? xdd

You dont need a lot of gold to start in the first place. If you dont have a lot of gold you can do leatherworking or legion glyphs. Those have low cost. Later on you can move to blacksmithing and tailoring or even do old expansion stuff. Getting your pandaria farm and garrison set up dont require a lot of gold and can net you a nice profit on the side. I am all for criticizing wow but that making gold is hard is plain retarded
    "Crafting".

Which requires materials. Which, as was already mentioned, is up against the bots and multiboxers. And, no offense, but "do leatherworking and glyphs" isn't very descriptive. As to the panda farm and garrison, what do you mean by a "nice profit".

The problem I have with posts like this is that they sound good, but are basically non-informative. Can you add some details? And are we talking about running a single character, or using an army of alts? Do you vendor things, or rely on the AH(which has real problems).

And let me be clear: I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just asking for a little more detail.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-10-22 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    "Crafting".

Which requires materials. Which, as was already mentioned, is up against the bots and multiboxers. And, no offense, but "do leatherworking and glyphs" isn't very descriptive. As to the panda farm and garrison, what do you mean by a "nice profit".

Sounds self explanatory to me but sure

Leatherworking: Make the crafted gear for alts, rn Im seeing a surge in prices and the volume that sells bc people have returned for the prepatch and Blizzard has nerfed relics of the past. It will still sell until the prepatch even IMO

Legion glyphs: This one I thought was obvious tbh. But just craft the legion glyphs? The time investment is minimal bc most of the recipes can be learned the moment you learn the profession but you are greatly rewarded if you go the extra step of getting the rare recypes, like the one you get for finishing the Shaman class hall questline. They mats dont require a lot of gold and you can even farm the materials yourself if you have herbalism from legion

Can you add some details? And are we talking about running a single character, or using an army of alts? Do you vendor things, or rely on the AH(which has real problems).
    Using a couple of alts should suffice. Obviously the more the better. The pandaria farm its your choice if you want to sell raw mats on the AH or as a source for mats for other crafts (mainly living steel and the sky golem). Garrison is the same business but in this case you turn your raw mats into the 30 slot bags and sell them in the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    People want stuff for free...it's that simple. Blizzard isn't the first to charge a sub and have a game store and they aren't the last either

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    but delaying an expansion isn't really "ruining their reputation in the long term" IMHO
    I don't think you're even reading what I'm writing, lol. I did not even say this.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Sounds self explanatory to me but sure.
    That's the thing, though. What seems easy to you because you're familiar with it, could be completely unknown to others.

Now...the original person I quoted claimed that 300k is not a huge sum as long as you're "not lazy". Do you believe that, using the methods you described, that such a figure is easily obtainable? And how long do you think it would take?

The issue I have with shop stuff is that it drives up token costs to an insane degree. So people who don't no life the game or hardcore play the auction house are punished. This is the same problem with gold sink items. Example being I mostly play on roleplaying servers so getting anything that costs a lot of gold is next to impossible to achieve without grinding raids and dungeons on NUMEROUS characters and by then, I don't even want to play the game anymore.

As someone that pretty much plays the game for 'free'... yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and i would maybe agree that its a problem, if we constantly get recolors ingame, but how many unique and cool looking mounts we get in BFA? just of the top of my head thats frog, hyena, that bloody nazmir flying thing, crawg, parrot. mechagon mounts, brutosaur and the best one CRAB and thats literaly just what i can think of in a minute...
    Well, sure, but they add new mount models every single expansion, that wasn't even being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    but still, sure the shop mounts are more detailed, more work put into them - bcs they will increase revenue...
    if they put a mount ingame for idk, 10k wq done, that wouldnt make them more money, so they wouldnt put so much resources in it...
    That's not entirely accurate. If there was a mount for 10k WQs done, people would either grind or farm it organically over time. Either way, the only way to obtain it would be to play the game, and you can't play the game for free, so yes, it does increase revenue as people have to buy game time. I understand your point though, it's not a side transaction that funnels more cash into Blizzard's coffers. But that's precisely the point some peaople are making here: introducing store transactions to a pay to play game is a controversial move. It shows greediness and, based on what we can see, it may very well affect the quality of in-game content when you put them side to side with store ones. Everyone knows WoW is run by a company, and a company's primal goal is to make money, so I guess the quintessential question here is: how much of game quality is Acti-Blizzard willing to sacrifice in order to earn more cash?

3+ Year Old Account
    If you want to buy a store any kind of things with discount rates and use coupons 80% off then you use lvly coupon code.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    That's not entirely accurate. If there was a mount for 10k WQs done, people would either grind or farm it organically over time. Either way, the only way to obtain it would be to play the game, and you can't play the game for free, so yes, it does increase revenue as people have to buy game time.
    you honestly think people who dont play now would start playing (and paying) if there was few more mounts ingame, or that people actualy leave bcs there is "only" few hundreds of them?
    bcs if not, then no, it wouldnt increase revenue...

and people complain about MTX, completely ignoring the sub remained at the same price for 16 years, even if you only consider inflation it should be much higher, blizz had 2 ways of increasing revenue (which they have to, if only bcs their costs risen over the years) - increasing sub price, so EVERYONE would pay more, or introducing VERY MILD microtransactions (compared to SWTOR or FF its nothing) so only people who want to pay more would... i think they made the right choice...

as for "sacrificing quality to earn more cash" ... well, based on what we see, thats bullshit - shop started in wotlk (mind you, if you cant remember people were saying back then how we will buy raid gear on shop or how it will kill a game in less than year), did visual quality go down since then? game had some other issues, but you dont need people who do content or systems to make mount/armor, only graphic designers, who do TREMENDOUS job every expansion...

shop is only controversial bcs people feel entitled as hell, they think bcs they pay subscription they should be given EVERYTHING, but thats not how it works... thats not how ANY busines works...

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Excvept this is utterly false. Blizzard shop is still the same as it has been since day 1. Those other shops actually have pay to win items in their shops which Blizzard never has.
    yes it's the same as day1 as in they have been trying to cram more stuff on there from day1. couple expansions ago they tried to put tmog helms on it, huge backlash, so they waited a few years and now they are trying again and it's more or less just accepted as that's the way things are now, both because of blizzard normalizing it within their ecosystem and the industry as a whole normalizing it.

youre doing it yourself in your post here. you are saying it's not that bad because someone else is even worse, meanwhile more and more stuff has crept into the blizzard store and they are only going faster and faster.

all the pets on the store are the highest quality.
    all the mounts on the store are the highest quality.
    and now they are starting to do the same with transmogs, while the actual in game sets have been reduced in quanity/quality.
    but hey it's okay because you can only buy the best gear from players (while still paying blizz) instead of the store directly.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-10-23 at 01:26 PM.

I still don't get why there's so much complaining about the store. Buy the things you want, don't buy the things you don't want, buy everything or nothing, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    People want stuff for free...it's that simple. Blizzard isn't the first to charge a sub and have a game store and they aren't the last either
    Nobody claims they want things for free and it isnt "that simple", they are pissed off that Blizzard cheapens the experience of mounts and transmogs by putting them behind $$$ in a store when we pay a subscription fee and for new expansions already, instead of doing a simple cashgrab why not make it an interesting questline that involves achievements and ways for you to work toward it in-game as a reward instead?

What stops them from putting every transmog-set on the store in the future, tier-sets pvp-sets and everything.
    "-Hey buddy you can use your subscription-time to grind out these weekly raids for the transmog-set, or buy it all today for only 39,99$ in the shop!"

Maybe thats what you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post

Why does it need to be purchased with a token specifically, rather than your own earned gold?
    It is not like the possibility to earn gold by the regular ways disappeared when the wow-token came.
    Well I´d say it´s pretty obvious. From the player´s perspective, you can still own those mounts by acquiring tokens with gold. However tokens are not automatically sourced. They are generated each time another player buys a token from the in-game store, which in turn involves some extra fees that blizzard is taking (in EU prices, charging the person 20€ vs the 13€ it gives you in balance). Why would they want you to be able to buy something on the store with raw gold if they can just take profit from it? Plus this ensures that there is a balance between people wanting to buy gold and people wanting to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Errete View Post
    Well I´d say it´s pretty obvious. From the player´s perspective, you can still own those mounts by acquiring tokens with gold. However tokens are not automatically sourced. They are generated each time another player buys a token from the in-game store, which in turn involves some extra fees that blizzard is taking (in EU prices, charging the person 20€ vs the 13€ it gives you in balance). Why would they want you to be able to buy something on the store with raw gold if they can just take profit from it? Plus this ensures that there is a balance between people wanting to buy gold and people wanting to sell it.
    Yeah I understand too that they are a corporation and want to make profit, but at least I wont humor them using these business tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I still don't get why there's so much complaining about the store. Buy the things you want, don't buy the things you don't want, buy everything or nothing, who cares?
    Because, there's a stark difference between the quality of the xmog / mounts in the store vs the ones attainable through in-game means. I mean ffs look at the Uldir raid set. There have been many otherwise really cool looking mounts added to the store, while alliance gets yet another horse mount reskin. This is why I have always been against the store. When they can make a quick buck off whales, why add anything actually cool looking into the actual game? As someone who refuses to buy store items, I am still affected here.

I think people would have less issue with the mounts/pets/mogs in the store if the ones in game were just as easy to obtain and just as cool looking. But instead things like every Alliance Rep at the start of the expansion selling recolored horses happens. Or all the gear that drops in an expansion is a shade of brown/green.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    yes it's the same as day1 as in they have been trying to cram more stuff on there from day1. couple expansions ago they tried to put tmog helms on it, huge backlash, so they waited a few years and now they are trying again and it's more or less just accepted as that's the way things are now, both because of blizzard normalizing it within their ecosystem and the industry as a whole normalizing it.

youre doing it yourself in your post here. you are saying it's not that bad because someone else is even worse, meanwhile more and more stuff has crept into the blizzard store and they are only going faster and faster.

all the pets on the store are the highest quality.
    all the mounts on the store are the highest quality.
    and now they are starting to do the same with transmogs, while the actual in game sets have been reduced in quanity/quality.
    but hey it's okay because you can only buy the best gear from players (while still paying blizz) instead of the store directly.
    EVERYTHING in the store is purely cosmeitc and not required to play the game. That is the big difference in why BLizzard's shop is OK and others are not. THe other make it so you actually have to buy stuff to play the game.
    Everything you said is subjective opinion. However, I find things in game(pets, mounts and Tmogs) that are far superior to anything in the shop. You are spinning things to fit your narrative and nothing you say is fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Because, there's a stark difference between the quality of the xmog / mounts in the store vs the ones attainable through in-game means. I mean ffs look at the Uldir raid set. There have been many otherwise really cool looking mounts added to the store, while alliance gets yet another horse mount reskin. This is why I have always been against the store. When they can make a quick buck off whales, why add anything actually cool looking into the actual game? As someone who refuses to buy store items, I am still affected here.
    They have added cool looking thing in games. Ashes of A'lar is far superior to any mount in the store. There are pets that are superior to anything in the store. Heck, the mount you get for buying the deluxe version of the expansion is better than any shop mount. Everything you said is based off of how you have spun your opinion, not based in any facts