Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i believe that argument for games that make a reasonable 20% profit, but most games that pull this sort of crap aim for minimum 40% profit margins at which point the amount of good arguments really starts to dry up and start to rely on case by case context.

    the increased amount of MTX certainly doesn't seem to correlate to the quality/quantity of content that comes out, and player numbers have been fairly stable last couple of years so it's not really to offset loss of players.

    honestly with how blizzard is at the moment, you'd be hard pressed to even make the opportunity cost of making another game argument.
    Of course it isn't going to increase quality/quantity as the executives aren't going to let them hire a bunch more people when they can keep the status quo. It will extend the number of years before they let go half of the developers and the times between content extends greatly though.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    That doesn't even make sense, even If someone has a tight week they could still afford a sub at $14.99 vs $77 up front.
    If someone has $15 bucks to spend on a game subscription, they should also have the ability to save up $77. If they are doing the former, but cannot do the latter then they just are plainly financially irresponsible.

    That is not what I consider being able to afford something.

  3. #143
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    I dont think people would complain if things would be attainable in-game for gold rather than on the in-game shop.
    Nobody complains about PvP sets being available for marks of honor for example, or the trial of style sets.

    I think thats a better way to go about it than putting it on a store for $$$ when customers already pay a monthly sub-fee.
    Hm...you got a point on the first one. Indeed, I never heard anybody complain, though they would have every right. I farmed tons of MoH in this weird PvP but really it is PvE in Legion and bought a lot of nice sets that I feel I technically don't deserve because I did no "real" PvP

    As for the second one....well...Apple doesn't listen to me thinking their shit is over-priced, Disney doesn't care that I think it is pathetic to remake their greatest animated films in CGI.... and neither will any business give a toss what we think as long as we buy it in amounts that meet or surpass their expectations. It would take a shitstorm in the dimensions that Coca Cola got when they dared to change their recipe to actually budge

  4. #144
    I dont really mind how affordable the in-game store is, for me it takes the oomph of getting something. Like would getting the brontosaur feel like an achievement if it costed like 10 gold??

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    (And even at 300K gold its still very cheap).
    Tell me how you would make 300k gold under the current game dynamic, without a massive stockpile of gold already in play from abuse of previous expansions and gold farming techniques?

    Dungeon and raid farming has been nuked.
    AH manipulation requires large starting capital.
    Xmog farming is based on luck.
    Gathering is competing against bots and multiboxers.
    Crafting is competing against bots and multiboxers and people who abused previous expansions.

    How is a person under today's 9.0 conditions meant to farm any meaningful amounts of gold then?

  6. #146
    Buying From the Store is not really a Gold Sink since the gold is not removed from the economy. The AH where you buy the token does not even take a cut to remove even part of the gold either.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Tell me how you would make 300k gold under the current game dynamic, without a massive stockpile of gold already in play from abuse of previous expansions and gold farming techniques?

    Dungeon and raid farming has been nuked.
    AH manipulation requires large starting capital.
    Xmog farming is based on luck.
    Gathering is competing against bots and multiboxers.
    Crafting is competing against bots and multiboxers and people who abused previous expansions.

    How is a person under today's 9.0 conditions meant to farm any meaningful amounts of gold then?
    Crafting makes you a ton of gold what are you on??? xdd

    You dont need a lot of gold to start in the first place. If you dont have a lot of gold you can do leatherworking or legion glyphs. Those have low cost. Later on you can move to blacksmithing and tailoring or even do old expansion stuff. Getting your pandaria farm and garrison set up dont require a lot of gold and can net you a nice profit on the side. I am all for criticizing wow but that making gold is hard is plain retarded
    Last edited by NED funded; 2020-10-22 at 10:33 PM.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Add an incentive to a pre-order and what would change?
    Not an incentive to pre-order. An apology for the delay. Delaying an expansion and then asking for more money/sub time is absolutely insane.
    Last edited by Metriss; 2020-10-22 at 10:30 PM.

  9. #149
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Metriss View Post
    Not an incentive to pre-order. An apology for the delay. Delaying an expansion and then asking for more money/sub time is absolutely is insane.
    ...until it works for them. And as usual: You need to make the step in forking over your money. You toooootally do NOT need to pay for something that makes you uncomfortable or that you straight out dislike.


    Sure they could make an apology. Even though I am sure this forum would just be all "Lol...suckers....apology is not enough...give me a free year of WoW" and if they did, folks here be like "who wants a free year of diarrhoea?"

    But yeah...I guess their statement on why SL was delayed isn't enough of an apology. People want to see devs humiliated and probably publicly cut off their balls and such. Because a delayed game is currently our number ONE problem. (...and I am serious...because if we get hit by another lockdown...wtf is there to do except hoard toilet paper and play WoW?)

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...until it works for them. And as usual: You need to make the step in forking over your money. You toooootally do NOT need to pay for something that makes you uncomfortable or that you straight out dislike.


    Sure they could make an apology. Even though I am sure this forum would just be all "Lol...suckers....apology is not enough...give me a free year of WoW" and if they did, folks here be like "who wants a free year of diarrhoea?"

    But yeah...I guess their statement on why SL was delayed isn't enough of an apology. People want to see devs humiliated and probably publicly cut off their balls and such. Because a delayed game is currently our number ONE problem. (...and I am serious...because if we get hit by another lockdown...wtf is there to do except hoard toilet paper and play WoW?)
    Bro... I don't know what you are talking about or trying to prove. You're making a lot of stuff that I never even said up. I think the delay is good. They didn't have to do anything to apologize, but what they have done is worse than nothing. It seems like they are actively trying to ruin any small amount of goodwill they have left just to make a quick buck. It is ruining their reputation in the long term.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I dont really mind how affordable the in-game store is, for me it takes the oomph of getting something. Like would getting the brontosaur feel like an achievement if it costed like 10 gold??
    Like to see a percentage of people that bought that that abused the mission table in WoD
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Like to see a percentage of people that bought that that abused the mission table in WoD
    Garrison tables didnt really net you that much gold relative to now

    Remember when Token prices were 16k???

    Legion is were inflation really runaway

  13. #153
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Metriss View Post
    Bro... I don't know what you are talking about or trying to prove. You're making a lot of stuff that I never even said up. I think the delay is good. They didn't have to do anything to apologize, but what they have done is worse than nothing. It seems like they are actively trying to ruin any small amount of goodwill they have left just to make a quick buck. It is ruining their reputation in the long term.
    Oh..I am making shit up because that is how my brain works.... Things just bounce off from stuff you mentioned...don't worry. I don't want to prove anything.

    Bit worried that currently Blizzard has nothing really left other than D4 and more WoW x-pac....but delaying an expansion isn't really "ruining their reputation in the long term" IMHO

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    that's how it works. you start small and add little bits here and there, at every step of the way "oh it's not so bad compared to x", until a few years later and suddenly all the good stuff is on the store and they bring out a new $20+ thing every month, and we'll probably reach that point in shadowlands considering were at 1 thing every 3 months in BFA.

    but hey at least i haven't heard a developer say "gaming has never been cheaper" for a couple of years now.
    Excvept this is utterly false. Blizzard shop is still the same as it has been since day 1. Those other shops actually have pay to win items in their shops which Blizzard never has.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Crafting makes you a ton of gold what are you on??? xdd

    You dont need a lot of gold to start in the first place. If you dont have a lot of gold you can do leatherworking or legion glyphs. Those have low cost. Later on you can move to blacksmithing and tailoring or even do old expansion stuff. Getting your pandaria farm and garrison set up dont require a lot of gold and can net you a nice profit on the side. I am all for criticizing wow but that making gold is hard is plain retarded
    "Crafting".

    Which requires materials. Which, as was already mentioned, is up against the bots and multiboxers. And, no offense, but "do leatherworking and glyphs" isn't very descriptive. As to the panda farm and garrison, what do you mean by a "nice profit".

    The problem I have with posts like this is that they sound good, but are basically non-informative. Can you add some details? And are we talking about running a single character, or using an army of alts? Do you vendor things, or rely on the AH(which has real problems).

    And let me be clear: I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just asking for a little more detail.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-10-22 at 11:53 PM.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    "Crafting".

    Which requires materials. Which, as was already mentioned, is up against the bots and multiboxers. And, no offense, but "do leatherworking and glyphs" isn't very descriptive. As to the panda farm and garrison, what do you mean by a "nice profit".

    Sounds self explanatory to me but sure

    Leatherworking: Make the crafted gear for alts, rn Im seeing a surge in prices and the volume that sells bc people have returned for the prepatch and Blizzard has nerfed relics of the past. It will still sell until the prepatch even IMO

    Legion glyphs: This one I thought was obvious tbh. But just craft the legion glyphs? The time investment is minimal bc most of the recipes can be learned the moment you learn the profession but you are greatly rewarded if you go the extra step of getting the rare recypes, like the one you get for finishing the Shaman class hall questline. They mats dont require a lot of gold and you can even farm the materials yourself if you have herbalism from legion

    Can you add some details? And are we talking about running a single character, or using an army of alts? Do you vendor things, or rely on the AH(which has real problems).
    Using a couple of alts should suffice. Obviously the more the better. The pandaria farm its your choice if you want to sell raw mats on the AH or as a source for mats for other crafts (mainly living steel and the sky golem). Garrison is the same business but in this case you turn your raw mats into the 30 slot bags and sell them in the AH.

  17. #157
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,276
    People want stuff for free...it's that simple. Blizzard isn't the first to charge a sub and have a game store and they aren't the last either
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    but delaying an expansion isn't really "ruining their reputation in the long term" IMHO
    I don't think you're even reading what I'm writing, lol. I did not even say this.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Sounds self explanatory to me but sure.
    That's the thing, though. What seems easy to you because you're familiar with it, could be completely unknown to others.


    Now...the original person I quoted claimed that 300k is not a huge sum as long as you're "not lazy". Do you believe that, using the methods you described, that such a figure is easily obtainable? And how long do you think it would take?

  20. #160
    The issue I have with shop stuff is that it drives up token costs to an insane degree. So people who don't no life the game or hardcore play the auction house are punished. This is the same problem with gold sink items. Example being I mostly play on roleplaying servers so getting anything that costs a lot of gold is next to impossible to achieve without grinding raids and dungeons on NUMEROUS characters and by then, I don't even want to play the game anymore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •