Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    As someone that pretty much plays the game for 'free'... yeah!

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and i would maybe agree that its a problem, if we constantly get recolors ingame, but how many unique and cool looking mounts we get in BFA? just of the top of my head thats frog, hyena, that bloody nazmir flying thing, crawg, parrot. mechagon mounts, brutosaur and the best one CRAB and thats literaly just what i can think of in a minute...
    Well, sure, but they add new mount models every single expansion, that wasn't even being questioned.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    but still, sure the shop mounts are more detailed, more work put into them - bcs they will increase revenue...
    if they put a mount ingame for idk, 10k wq done, that wouldnt make them more money, so they wouldnt put so much resources in it...
    That's not entirely accurate. If there was a mount for 10k WQs done, people would either grind or farm it organically over time. Either way, the only way to obtain it would be to play the game, and you can't play the game for free, so yes, it does increase revenue as people have to buy game time. I understand your point though, it's not a side transaction that funnels more cash into Blizzard's coffers. But that's precisely the point some peaople are making here: introducing store transactions to a pay to play game is a controversial move. It shows greediness and, based on what we can see, it may very well affect the quality of in-game content when you put them side to side with store ones. Everyone knows WoW is run by a company, and a company's primal goal is to make money, so I guess the quintessential question here is: how much of game quality is Acti-Blizzard willing to sacrifice in order to earn more cash?

  3. #163
    Keyboard Turner LisaAlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1
    If you want to buy a store any kind of things with discount rates and use coupons 80% off then you use lvly coupon code.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    That's not entirely accurate. If there was a mount for 10k WQs done, people would either grind or farm it organically over time. Either way, the only way to obtain it would be to play the game, and you can't play the game for free, so yes, it does increase revenue as people have to buy game time.
    you honestly think people who dont play now would start playing (and paying) if there was few more mounts ingame, or that people actualy leave bcs there is "only" few hundreds of them?
    bcs if not, then no, it wouldnt increase revenue...

    and people complain about MTX, completely ignoring the sub remained at the same price for 16 years, even if you only consider inflation it should be much higher, blizz had 2 ways of increasing revenue (which they have to, if only bcs their costs risen over the years) - increasing sub price, so EVERYONE would pay more, or introducing VERY MILD microtransactions (compared to SWTOR or FF its nothing) so only people who want to pay more would... i think they made the right choice...

    as for "sacrificing quality to earn more cash" ... well, based on what we see, thats bullshit - shop started in wotlk (mind you, if you cant remember people were saying back then how we will buy raid gear on shop or how it will kill a game in less than year), did visual quality go down since then? game had some other issues, but you dont need people who do content or systems to make mount/armor, only graphic designers, who do TREMENDOUS job every expansion...

    shop is only controversial bcs people feel entitled as hell, they think bcs they pay subscription they should be given EVERYTHING, but thats not how it works... thats not how ANY busines works...

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Excvept this is utterly false. Blizzard shop is still the same as it has been since day 1. Those other shops actually have pay to win items in their shops which Blizzard never has.
    yes it's the same as day1 as in they have been trying to cram more stuff on there from day1. couple expansions ago they tried to put tmog helms on it, huge backlash, so they waited a few years and now they are trying again and it's more or less just accepted as that's the way things are now, both because of blizzard normalizing it within their ecosystem and the industry as a whole normalizing it.

    youre doing it yourself in your post here. you are saying it's not that bad because someone else is even worse, meanwhile more and more stuff has crept into the blizzard store and they are only going faster and faster.

    all the pets on the store are the highest quality.
    all the mounts on the store are the highest quality.
    and now they are starting to do the same with transmogs, while the actual in game sets have been reduced in quanity/quality.
    but hey it's okay because you can only buy the best gear from players (while still paying blizz) instead of the store directly.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-10-23 at 01:26 PM.

  6. #166
    I still don't get why there's so much complaining about the store. Buy the things you want, don't buy the things you don't want, buy everything or nothing, who cares?

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    People want stuff for free...it's that simple. Blizzard isn't the first to charge a sub and have a game store and they aren't the last either
    Nobody claims they want things for free and it isnt "that simple", they are pissed off that Blizzard cheapens the experience of mounts and transmogs by putting them behind $$$ in a store when we pay a subscription fee and for new expansions already, instead of doing a simple cashgrab why not make it an interesting questline that involves achievements and ways for you to work toward it in-game as a reward instead?

    What stops them from putting every transmog-set on the store in the future, tier-sets pvp-sets and everything.
    "-Hey buddy you can use your subscription-time to grind out these weekly raids for the transmog-set, or buy it all today for only 39,99$ in the shop!"

    Maybe thats what you'd like.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post

    Why does it need to be purchased with a token specifically, rather than your own earned gold?
    It is not like the possibility to earn gold by the regular ways disappeared when the wow-token came.
    Well I´d say it´s pretty obvious. From the player´s perspective, you can still own those mounts by acquiring tokens with gold. However tokens are not automatically sourced. They are generated each time another player buys a token from the in-game store, which in turn involves some extra fees that blizzard is taking (in EU prices, charging the person 20€ vs the 13€ it gives you in balance). Why would they want you to be able to buy something on the store with raw gold if they can just take profit from it? Plus this ensures that there is a balance between people wanting to buy gold and people wanting to sell it.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Errete View Post
    Well I´d say it´s pretty obvious. From the player´s perspective, you can still own those mounts by acquiring tokens with gold. However tokens are not automatically sourced. They are generated each time another player buys a token from the in-game store, which in turn involves some extra fees that blizzard is taking (in EU prices, charging the person 20€ vs the 13€ it gives you in balance). Why would they want you to be able to buy something on the store with raw gold if they can just take profit from it? Plus this ensures that there is a balance between people wanting to buy gold and people wanting to sell it.
    Yeah I understand too that they are a corporation and want to make profit, but at least I wont humor them using these business tactics.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I still don't get why there's so much complaining about the store. Buy the things you want, don't buy the things you don't want, buy everything or nothing, who cares?
    Because, there's a stark difference between the quality of the xmog / mounts in the store vs the ones attainable through in-game means. I mean ffs look at the Uldir raid set. There have been many otherwise really cool looking mounts added to the store, while alliance gets yet another horse mount reskin. This is why I have always been against the store. When they can make a quick buck off whales, why add anything actually cool looking into the actual game? As someone who refuses to buy store items, I am still affected here.

  11. #171
    I think people would have less issue with the mounts/pets/mogs in the store if the ones in game were just as easy to obtain and just as cool looking. But instead things like every Alliance Rep at the start of the expansion selling recolored horses happens. Or all the gear that drops in an expansion is a shade of brown/green.
    I'm a thread killer.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    yes it's the same as day1 as in they have been trying to cram more stuff on there from day1. couple expansions ago they tried to put tmog helms on it, huge backlash, so they waited a few years and now they are trying again and it's more or less just accepted as that's the way things are now, both because of blizzard normalizing it within their ecosystem and the industry as a whole normalizing it.

    youre doing it yourself in your post here. you are saying it's not that bad because someone else is even worse, meanwhile more and more stuff has crept into the blizzard store and they are only going faster and faster.

    all the pets on the store are the highest quality.
    all the mounts on the store are the highest quality.
    and now they are starting to do the same with transmogs, while the actual in game sets have been reduced in quanity/quality.
    but hey it's okay because you can only buy the best gear from players (while still paying blizz) instead of the store directly.
    EVERYTHING in the store is purely cosmeitc and not required to play the game. That is the big difference in why BLizzard's shop is OK and others are not. THe other make it so you actually have to buy stuff to play the game.
    Everything you said is subjective opinion. However, I find things in game(pets, mounts and Tmogs) that are far superior to anything in the shop. You are spinning things to fit your narrative and nothing you say is fact.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Because, there's a stark difference between the quality of the xmog / mounts in the store vs the ones attainable through in-game means. I mean ffs look at the Uldir raid set. There have been many otherwise really cool looking mounts added to the store, while alliance gets yet another horse mount reskin. This is why I have always been against the store. When they can make a quick buck off whales, why add anything actually cool looking into the actual game? As someone who refuses to buy store items, I am still affected here.
    They have added cool looking thing in games. Ashes of A'lar is far superior to any mount in the store. There are pets that are superior to anything in the store. Heck, the mount you get for buying the deluxe version of the expansion is better than any shop mount. Everything you said is based off of how you have spun your opinion, not based in any facts

  13. #173
    You are already paying 15 bucks each month to play the game, do you think you have a fully fledged game worth of content every 4 months ? it's not about the price, it's about milking a community that already produces a shiton of milk. Philosophy is hard indeed.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    You are already paying 15 bucks each month to play the game, do you think you have a fully fledged game worth of content every 4 months ? it's not about the price, it's about milking a community that already produces a shiton of milk. Philosophy is hard indeed.
    Yes i do, and yet, still consider it as cheapest hobby by far....by time i spend in game per month it will worth even if they ask for 30Euro.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    EVERYTHING in the store is purely cosmeitc and not required to play the game. That is the big difference in why BLizzard's shop is OK and others are not. THe other make it so you actually have to buy stuff to play the game.
    Everything you said is subjective opinion. However, I find things in game(pets, mounts and Tmogs) that are far superior to anything in the shop. You are spinning things to fit your narrative and nothing you say is fact.

    - - - Updated - - -

    They have added cool looking thing in games. Ashes of A'lar is far superior to any mount in the store. There are pets that are superior to anything in the store. Heck, the mount you get for buying the deluxe version of the expansion is better than any shop mount. Everything you said is based off of how you have spun your opinion, not based in any facts

    How funny that your example of a cool mount in the game is a mount which was added before microtransactions were even in the game. Also, that you dismiss what I said as an opinion, but used an opinion to justify your argument.

  16. #176
    I love Alpaca mounts, Parrot, Fox mount. Spider mount is interesting.
    Tbh as i look at store mounts only warforged Nightmare and squakers looks nice for me. But still miles behind those i pointed.

  17. #177
    Mechagnome Sagenod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarflash View Post
    You're missing the forest for the trees.

    Yes your are correct, you can earn it via wow tokens exchanged with in-game currency.

    It is a matter of principle. People are angry because we pay a subscription and buy an expansion every 2 years just so they can put one of the most unique transmog in a store. People who are angry view this as a step for Blizzard to inch there way to adding more unique sets attached to a paywall. Unique sets that should be in the game and not behind a pay wall.

    But... but its free because you get it with a 6 month sub. That is 100% true, for now. Players who cannot afford to pay an upfront cost for a 6month sub or a future player will/do not have this "free" option available to them. This strategy hurts minorities (who do not have the privileged to splurge on a 6month sub) and new players.
    Not that I'm disagreeing with you but what exactly do you mean by minorities? Not trying to perpetuate the "political" argument, just trying to understand what exactly it means in this context. Is the minority the players who can't afford the 6 month subscription model?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Wherever it is a new store mount, charity pet or a 6 months bonus the argument "It should have been earnable ingame" Always comes up

    And I am completely flabbergasted. IT IS EARNABLE INGAME IS IT NOT??? Can't you buy a WoW token and convert it into balance? A US WoW token goes for 150K gold a piece which buys literally anything in the store besides an entire expansion pack (And even at 300K gold its still very cheap). Compare that to the Brutosaur for 5 Million gold or the Spider for 2 Million gold. Hell I've used that ammount on just repairs throughout BFA Alone

    What exactly is the problem again? Most people I know have that kind of money, and If you aren't the laziest person in the world like me getting it isn't that hard. And even if you're lazy, then you wouldn't have been able to earn it if it was earnable ingame anyway. Let's even talk about the new wings. You get it for subbing for 6 months. What is the problem? You literally get it for playing the game.

    Active Mod Warnings in this thread:

    Since we've already had a thread on this topic go pear-shaped, this is a general warning to keep it civil and constructive in this thread as well. Don't fling insults, personal barbs, or anything else not related to the actual topic.

    Let's also steer clear of real-world politics and the like, no need to derail this thread with unrelated political discussion or arguments.
    Special stuff used to be unlocked solely through in-game content. Earning something in the game gives a sense of accomplishment whereas buying it with real world currency typically doesn't.

    Money in WoW does not equal big D. That's East Asian MMO shite so leave it there in my opinion.

    Edit: At the same time, though, the people who have issues with this have no business judging those who do spend real world currency for shop items. You wouldn't expect to be judged for not having the money to afford to buy something so you certainly shouldn't be judging someone who can and does. The ideological issue makes sense but I would challenge people to ask themselves why they have said issue. Is it truly your belief that having in-game cash shop items is a negative thing, or are you simply jealous of those that can afford such expenses while you cannot? Using ideology to disguise envy is truly disgusting.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-10-23 at 07:19 PM.
    Check out the Drakonaar, my playable race concept! (WIP -- Looking for artists)


  18. #178
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Constantinople
    Posts
    1,878
    Everything in the shop for real life $ is attainable via game play and gold/token conversion, not sure why this is even an issue. If you've got more time than money, grind some gold. If you've got more money than time, buy some tokens. I currently happen to fall into the more money than time category, so when there's a mount/helm/pet I want, I just buy a token or 3.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

  19. #179
    I can't turn my wow gold into real money (without illegal/forbidden 3rd party site) so no, it never has the same value as real money.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    How funny that your example of a cool mount in the game is a mount which was added before microtransactions were even in the game. Also, that you dismiss what I said as an opinion, but used an opinion to justify your argument.
    I took the first one that popped into my head.

    What you said is an opinion. My opinion proves it to be one. You have based nothing off of facts, but an opinion crafted to fit the narrative you are running with which is what I am demostrating. Nothing more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •