Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    And idiots just want to be milked dry by corporations while defending it
    So you want gold sinks to not exist...? No mounts to buy?
    Store items are even on the lower end, and you're this pissed of?
    Wonder what you did, back when we got the Spider (2m) and Bruntosaur (5m)... Did you smash your mom's front windshield?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Wherever it is a new store mount, charity pet or a 6 months bonus the argument "It should have been earnable ingame" Always comes up

And I am completely flabbergasted. IT IS EARNABLE INGAME IS IT NOT??? Can't you buy a WoW token and convert it into balance? A US WoW token goes for 150K gold a piece which buys literally anything in the store besides an entire expansion pack (And even at 300K gold its still very cheap). Compare that to the Brutosaur for 5 Million gold or the Spider for 2 Million gold. Hell I've used that ammount on just repairs throughout BFA Alone

What exactly is the problem again? Most people I know have that kind of money, and If you aren't the laziest person in the world like me getting it isn't that hard. And even if you're lazy, then you wouldn't have been able to earn it if it was earnable ingame anyway. Let's even talk about the new wings. You get it for subbing for 6 months. What is the problem? You literally get it for playing the game.

Active Mod Warnings in this thread:

Since we've already had a thread on this topic go pear-shaped, this is a general warning to keep it civil and constructive in this thread as well. Don't fling insults, personal barbs, or anything else not related to the actual topic.

Let's also steer clear of real-world politics and the like, no need to derail this thread with unrelated political discussion or arguments.
    >IT IS EARNABLE INGAME IS IT NOT??? Can't you buy a WoW token and convert it into balance?

Oh cool, so i can buy one thing that shouldn't exist with another thing that shouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    >IT IS EARNABLE INGAME IS IT NOT??? Can't you buy a WoW token and convert it into balance?

Oh cool, so i can buy one thing that shouldn't exist with another thing that shouldn't exist.
    Thats like your opinion man
    An'u belore delen'na

Two wrongs don't make a right.

WoW tokens shouldn't exist?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Children just wanna be outraged, however minor or stupid it is....
    .....This.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    WoW tokens shouldn't exist?
    Exactly.
    /10char

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever it is a new store mount, charity pet or a 6 months bonus the argument "It should have been earnable ingame" Always comes up

And I am completely flabbergasted. IT IS EARNABLE INGAME IS IT NOT??? Can't you buy a WoW token and convert it into balance? A US WoW token goes for 150K gold a piece which buys literally anything in the store besides an entire expansion pack (And even at 300K gold its still very cheap). Compare that to the Brutosaur for 5 Million gold or the Spider for 2 Million gold. Hell I've used that ammount on just repairs throughout BFA Alone

What exactly is the problem again? Most people I know have that kind of money, and If you aren't the laziest person in the world like me getting it isn't that hard. And even if you're lazy, then you wouldn't have been able to earn it if it was earnable ingame anyway. Let's even talk about the new wings. You get it for subbing for 6 months. What is the problem? You literally get it for playing the game.

Since we've already had a thread on this topic go pear-shaped, this is a general warning to keep it civil and constructive in this thread as well. Don't fling insults, personal barbs, or anything else not related to the actual topic.

Let's also steer clear of real-world politics and the like, no need to derail this thread with unrelated political discussion or arguments.

We pay for the game and pay for content monthly. If developers of the game want to put some efforts into a new HQ in-game transmog they should put the ability to acquire said transmog into the game, not into the store.

If they gonna lock parts of content behind the store, players should be able to lock part of monthly fee behind own wallets too.

Its that simple, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    We pay for the game and pay for content monthly. If developers of the game want to put some efforts into a new HQ in-game transmog they should put the ability to acquire said transmog into the game, not into the store.

If they gonna lock parts of content behind the store, players should be able to lock part of monthly fee behind own wallets too.

Its that simple, OP.
    Lock part of the montly fee behind own wallets. What a clowny statement. That isnt even an argument.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

The problem is that we already pay FOR THE GAME, for the EXPANSIONS, a MONTHLY SUB and now microtransactions? The game is turning more and more like any other asian MMO where the only good looking gear is from the shop.

The game is a shell of it's former glory
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

It does not matter what your opinion is on this, OP is 100% correct.

Technically you can convert anything into gold that you can use to buy your store mount/set/whatever.
    You can go out there and start farming herbs or whatever RIGHT NOW and earn the skrilla to buy whatever the fuck you want.

Oh, but you don't like that, eh. You say you "can't do it in-game" oh no no no no. You absolutely can.
    In fact, you can play WoW for free til the end of days if you are good at it.
    But you don't like to hear that cuz that needs dedication and skill.

Exactly.
    /10char
    /agree. get the poors out of wow. /s

I can live with services like race change etc.

This should never be ingame itself.

But gear/transmog/mounts in a FULL PRICE game WITH a SUB!!!! Hell no.... it is not EA levels of gready but still gready.

I don't like the transmog. It looks like a quirky fortnite skin. Completly out of place. Like the Yeti onecy.

But it looks more elaborate than some freaking tier sets.... god damn. Same stupid shit like with the mounts imho. The flying chameleon is still one of the mst beautfiul mounts ingame... i will never have it despite paying hounrdreds of euros on this game over the years because they want 20 euro more.... shame. Can't think of anything else. Just shamefull. Make it F2P and idgaf.

I'm curious, a question to those who oppose the store, imagine if:

- Every item in the store was added to a vendor in game
    - Pricing is entirely in-game gold
    - The gold cost shifts with the current price of a token

So for example lets say a mount is £20, a token costs exactly £20, current tokens are 200,000g, so this mount in game would have a price of 200,000g.

TLDR Would you be against this?:
    An in-game vendor with a mount for 200,000g alternatively you can go to the store and pay £20 get the same mount. (both methods of acquisition are available to each player)

I dont see how hard it is to just put stuff like this on a Dalaran-vendor for gold as well, so you can earn in-game currency to buy stuff like the store-mounts if you want.

Man, people's standards have fallen. They'll celebrate Blizzard's ability to ask you to pay for an expansion and a sub and use that money in part to develop armor and mounts that they can then sell to you or others again.

I can't be too critical since I was there defending it and proclaiming it wouldn't ever get as bad as it is today when the sparklepony was introduced, so I share a part in it, but it's still depressing.

Well its nice for all those who have an inner fairy they want to let out I guess.

But sell it for gold on a vendor instead of trying to milk the in-game store.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    they already have crapload of mounts just on gold vendor bcs they dont want to lock it behind content... and those shop mounts wouldnt be in-game rewards if there was no shop, they would simply not exist...

not liking the cash shop in sub game is fine, but this reason is just objectively wrong...
    I believe they meant that (most) unique looking mounts in the store have no counterpart ingame. Example: "Hey guys, look at this brand new flying pig, just 20 bucks! Get it now!"

Meanwhile ingame: "So here's 3 new frog mounts. They don't fly and each cost one third of a million. Also we're adding a strikingly similar mount to them the very next expansion "

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I can't be too critical since I was there defending it and proclaiming it wouldn't ever get as bad as it is today when the sparklepony was introduced, so I share a part in it, but it's still depressing.
    Guess you were just too optimistic. Wonder how much of this up to this point was Activision though, even if the cash shop was introduced before they bought Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    I believe they meant that (most) unique looking mounts in the store have no counterpart ingame. Example: "Hey guys, look at this brand new flying pig, just 20 bucks! Get it now!"

Meanwhile ingame: "So here's 3 new frog mounts. They don't fly and each cost one third of a million.
    yeah and they are about milion times prettier and cooler than that flying pig or most shop mounts imo
    and i would maybe agree that its a problem, if we constantly get recolors ingame, but how many unique and cool looking mounts we get in BFA? just of the top of my head thats frog, hyena, that bloody nazmir flying thing, crawg, parrot. mechagon mounts, brutosaur and the best one CRAB and thats literaly just what i can think of in a minute...

but still, sure the shop mounts are more detailed, more work put into them - bcs they will increase revenue...
    if they put a mount ingame for idk, 10k wq done, that wouldnt make them more money, so they wouldnt put so much resources in it...
    puting more resources into something that will not at least make as much to make it even is clear loss, thats basic economics, people keep living in dreamland if they think those detailed mounts would be ingame, if there was no cash shop, those models would simply not exist...
    so if the shop was removed, ingame rewards quality would not suddenly rise, it would be the same ingame, just people who WANT (and not "need" as there is literaly no advantage in buying shop mounts) would loose the oportunity, and some cool looking mounts... so only people affected negatively by existence of shop are those outraged by someone else buying something they dont want (or something they want for free)

Even if you use the gold for it, someone still paid real money to get that token. It doesn't make a difference to Blizzard if you buy it with gold or not. Gold is an in-game currency, the argument should never be "just use in-game money for real life money value".